Jim Kelly on CBS Sunday Morning tomorrow

"We sat down with legendary NFL quarterback Jim Kelly, winner of more than 100 games during his career. Kelly also did something that no other QB in history has ever achieved: He led his team to four consecutive Super Bowls -- but he lost every single one of them. So would Kelly trade his historic record for a single big-game-victory? We'll ask him."

"We sat down with legendary NFL quarterback Jim Kelly, winner of more than 100 games during his career. Kelly also did something that no other QB in history has ever achieved: He led his team to four consecutive Super Bowls -- but he lost every single one of them. So would Kelly trade his historic record for a single big-game-victory? We'll ask him."

Who QB the Comeback Game?

Who QB the Comeback Game?

I was only quoting what was on the CBS web site, so don't shoot the messenger.

Are you saying that Frank Reich led the team to one of the Super Bowls, and Jim led the team to the other three? I wonder how many people other than die-hard Bills fans would remember that?

Are you saying that Frank Reich led the team to one of the Super Bowls, and Jim led the team to the other three? I wonder how many people other than die-hard Bills fans would remember that?

Reich won the big Houston comeback. Then led the Bills in an easy win over the Steelers. People wanted Reich to play out the string but Kelly started against the Dolphins and won. Reich did get back in the SB gane once the Bills were in a huge hole to the Cowboys. Alas there were no more miracles from Frank.

PTR

Reich won the big Houston comeback. Then led the Bills in an easy win over the Steelers. People wanted Reich to play out the string but Kelly started against the Dolphins and won. Reich did get back in the SB gane once the Bills were in a huge hole to the Cowboys. Alas there were no more miracles from Frank.

PTR

Reich went into the game with the bills down 14-7 in the second quarter. He threw a couple passes and got us down to inside the 5 yard line and kicked a field goal to make it 14-10.

Early in the 4th quarter of that game, we were down 31-17, and Bruce Smith made a solid hit on Emmitt Smith, who proceeded to fumble the ball and it bounced like 8 yards behind him (Cowboys were at their own 25 yard line I think). Troy Aikman was right there to fall on it. It would have been interesting to see what the outcome would have been if we could have recovered that and scored to make it 31-24.

Probably a 52-24 loss.

Jim Kelly, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, JP Losman... ect. ZERO rings

They all suck.

Go Bills

If I was one of the moderators of this forum I would ban you for life for 2 things: primarily for lumping Jim Kelly in with these other QB's and secondly for saying that Jim sucks. You sir or miss, have no class!

You obviously are either 13 years old or dumb as a brick to put Kelly in the same list as the Edwards, Fitz etc.

If I was one of the moderators of this forum I would ban you for life for 2 things: primarily for lumping Jim Kelly in with these other QB's and secondly for saying that Jim sucks. You sir or miss, have no class!

That is the reason the Bills have been held back for years. Fans and ownership like these guys...

Jim Kelly what was so good about this guy? Could he win a big game? NO. Did he lead his team to 4 superbowls in a row? No. I think Frank Reich had something to do with that. Outside of Jim Kellys one chance to win a superbowl, curse u scotty norwood... Jim Kelly couldnt perform in a big game. And when the score wasnt close... 'oh no jim is down, his leg what a surprise' Jim Kelly could have been good.. but he wasn't. Even Jim Haubaugh punched him because Jim Kelly was a fool.. thats sad.

Jim Kelly to us Bills fans is just a name. He is the best QB we ever had! I get it... but in the group of "0 superbowl rings in a bills uniform" the names Kelly, Edwards, losman, and Fitzpatrick are linked together as "Bills qb's that havent won a superbowl"

I get Kelly shoulda won 1 superbowl.. i get that. But it didnt happen, and Bills fans have been suffering for many years

Dont you wanna see a championship trophy in Buffalo? Move on from Kellyera... find/groom superbowl winning players

People are excited to hear Boomer talk about the Bills! but are too dumb to see "nobody circles the wagon likes the buffalo bills" as an insult! Let get on board with winning, not happy we circle success

Any body else want a good football team?

That is the reason the Bills have been held back for years. Fans and ownership like these guys...

Jim Kelly what was so good about this guy? Could he win a big game? NO. Did he lead his team to 4 superbowls in a row? No. I think Frank Reich had something to do with that. Outside of Jim Kellys one chance to win a superbowl, curse u scotty norwood... Jim Kelly couldnt perform in a big game. And when the score wasnt close... 'oh no jim is down, his leg what a surprise' Jim Kelly could have been good.. but he wasn't. Even Jim Haubaugh punched him because Jim Kelly was a fool.. thats sad.

Jim Kelly to us Bills fans is just a name. He is the best QB we ever had! I get it... but in the group of "0 superbowl rings in a bills uniform" the names Kelly, Edwards, losman, and Fitzpatrick are linked together as "Bills qb's that havent won a superbowl"

I get Kelly shoulda won 1 superbowl.. i get that. But it didnt happen, and Bills fans have been suffering for many years

Dont you wanna see a championship trophy in Buffalo? Move on from Kellyera... find/groom superbowl winning players

People are excited to hear Boomer talk about the Bills! but are too dumb to see "nobody circles the wagon likes the buffalo bills" as an insult! Let get on board with winning, not happy we circle success

(***sniff***sniff***) Smells like troll.

You're a genius. You've got it all figured out.

sniff sniff... Smells like a bitter Chan Gaily supporter. It is for the best he is gone trainsient... its ok

I've often wondered whether troll was a reference to the fishing tactic or the mythical fantasy creature...

What's the price to cross your bridge?

No, the point I was trying to make was if not for Frank then the Bills would have never had a 4 SB run.

No, the point I was trying to make was if not for Frank then the Bills would have never had a 4 SB run.

I'm agreeing with Hammer. The Bills were counted out of that game before it was even played, with their performance against Houston the week before, and all the injuries. So it's no surprise that by halftime people started leaving.

Jim Kelly, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, JP Losman... ect. ZERO rings

They all suck.

Go Bills

Really dude? Sooo you're saying that if you're a QB without a superbowl ring that you suck? Dan Marino, Drew Brees, Fran Tarketon, Boomer Esiason, Warren Moon....no good right? Sorry but that's just an ignorant statement.

So, if we trash the best player (players) the team we root for ever had, it will mean that the current Bills will be better? Win a Super Bowl even?

The further removed we get from those teams of the early 90's, the more attitudes like yours prevail (I swear, it is the ESPN/Cowherd effect) the less joy there is to watching or following sports.

I'm agreeing with Hammer. The Bills were counted out of that game before it was even played, with their performance against Houston the week before, and all the injuries. So it's no surprise that by halftime people started leaving.

There may be some truth to that, in the case of the 1992 season...but without Jim Kelly there wouldn't have been a 4 year Super Bowl run either...

ask any player you would rather have a ring...

Ask transient grandmother, daughter, and wife.. and they would do it all for no ring

so the question is would u rather have a winner with a ring? Or would u have some transient woman and just settle?

Go Bills!

ask any player you would rather have a ring...

Ask transient grandmother, daughter, and wife.. and they would do it all for no ring

so the question is would u rather have a winner with a ring? Or would u have some transient woman and just settle?

Go Bills!

Stop trolling.

ask any player you would rather have a ring... Ask transient grandmother, daughter, and wife.. and they would do it all for no ring so the question is would u rather have a winner with a ring? Or would u have some transient woman and just settle? Go Bills!

Out of curiosity, why not ask my mother and sister, too?

So does anybody know what Jimbo had to say this morning?
Jimbo who?

You know, the ringless loser like my grandmother, wife and daughter. Who cares what he has to say, anyway. :devil:

Edited by transient

Whatever billsmoped. Sure a back up played a key role on occasion. Reich started vs Miami in 90 to clinch home field, but Kelly tore 'em up in the playoff. Frank also started @ Pittsburgh in the playoff, but Kelly tore up Miami in the Conference Championship. Jim Kelly was a 1st Ballot HOFer, a chore no one here had anything to do with sans enjoy his historic career.

Peddle your moped to Nes England, where your qualitative insight is matched with a committed fan base. (sarcasm)

There not keeping Fitz.

correction: They're not keeping Fitz.

So, if we trash the best player (players) the team we root for ever had, it will mean that the current Bills will be better? Win a Super Bowl even?

The further removed we get from those teams of the early 90's, the more attitudes like yours prevail (I swear, it is the ESPN/Cowherd effect) the less joy there is to watching or following sports.

In addition to Cowherd and more disgustingly it's the local idiots on WGR, mainly that piss ant mike schoop. I swear he hates the Bills, hates the NFL, hates Buffalo, hates his callers, and hates his own life.

There may be some truth to that, in the case of the 1992 season...but without Jim Kelly there wouldn't have been a 4 year Super Bowl run either...