Bills should trade for Josh Freeman of the Bucs

It is rumored that the Tampa coach schano

Wants to go in his own direction and get his style

Of QB. He was hired when Freeman was already

The QB. I've watched him play and he is very good.

From what I've seen he is a good leader with

Good arm strength. He could easily be are franchise QB for the next 10 years. I would gladly

Trade our 1st round pick for him. Sign him to a long term contract and let's get on to the business

Of winning some football games and make

The playoffs.

He is 6 foot 6 inches tall and he is 25 years old

And he has good arm and is a good deep thrower. I've seen him pull a few games out in the

4th quarter with his team down. He really passes

The eye test and I think he is a good leader.

Anyone care to comment or discuss

If Tampa is dumb enough to deal a 25 year old stud qb that is maybe a year or two away from his prime then we should be on the phone with their front office every day. I can't imagine they would want to get rid of this kid but if they are serious we should be all over it. Would anyone really rather have any qb in this draft class over Freeman??

If Tampa is dumb enough to deal a 25 year old stud qb that is maybe a year or two away from his prime then we should be on the phone with their front office every day. I can't imagine they would want to get rid of this kid but if they are serious we should be all over it. Would anyone really rather have any qb in this draft class over Freeman??

Thats really up to the Bucs FO isnt it?

"We have a trade to announce, the Buffalo Bills trade the #8 overall pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Buffalo will receive Josh Freeman. With the #8 overall pick Tampa Bay selects some crap QB that will be out of the league in 4 years."

That would be a no brainer trade for the Bills that is almost certainly not going to happen.

I would be all for it. My only question, why is Josh Freeman so inconsistent? He started off slow, got red hot, then slowed back down. I picked him up in one of my fantasy leagues this year, but admit I didn't watch any Tamba Bay games this year, mainly just saw highlights. Any responses are greatly appreciated.

Good arm strength. He could easily be are franchise QB for the next 10 years. I would gladly

Trade our 1st round pick for him. Sign him to a long term contract and let's get on to the business

The playoffs.

And he has good arm and is a good deep thrower. I've seen him pull a few games out in the

Your poem doesn't rhyme.

I would be all for it. My only question, why is Josh Freeman so inconsistent? He started off slow, got red hot, then slowed back down. I picked him up in one of my fantasy leagues this year, but admit I didn't watch any Tamba Bay games this year, mainly just saw highlights. Any responses are greatly appreciated.

He didn't have much time in the pocket and he was playing from behind a lot. There were also points where they relied on Curtis Doug (Mondays, lol) Martin a lot.

Edited by Teen Insight

Doubt that's what's going on in TB. However, if he were available - The Bills should snatch him up in a heartbeat.

What do the following QBs have in common - other than they were drafted by and starters in TB and then traded to another team?

Doug Williams

Trent Dilfer

Steve Young

Need a hint anyone?

Doubt that's what's going on in TB. However, if he were available - The Bills should snatch him up in a heartbeat.

What do the following QBs have in common - other than they were drafted by and starters in TB and then traded to another team?

Doug Williams

Trent Dilfer

Steve Young

Need a hint anyone?

They all have fake girlfriends and would rather eat a creamsicle than look like one?

He didn't have much time in the pocket and he was playing from behind a lot. There were also points where they relied on Curtis Martin a lot.

Curtis, Doug...same thing. :lol:

Plus, if he were made available there would be a lot of other teams interested.

Edited by nucci

I'm guessing we have the Cornelius Bennett trade to thank for this mentality. The "magic bullett" is on someone else's roster and all we have to do is trade for him (usually a 3-5th rounder) and the Bills will be all set.

I am sure the Bucs know this is a crappy year to go shopping for a QB and I doubt they'd get rid of him now.

The playoffs.

Is this a poem?

Edit: Dibs beat me to it!

Edited by RuntheDamnBall

This is proof positive that hindsight is always 20/20 when it comes to drafting QBs (aside from Luck and RG III). I recall watching the '09 draft and at least one of the so-called expèrts called the Freeman pick a bad one (it was ESPN so it must have been Kiper or McShay and I think the rest of the crew were of similar opinions). The folks in TB were also leery--he was "raw", "developmental", etc... Maybe one of this year's "raw, developmental" QBs is another Freeman or perhaps better. Perhaps, not. Since I don't have a crystal ball, I for one can't tell. I would happily take Freeman but just because TB isn't extending him right this second doesn't mean he's available. Why would TB trade him if this year's crop of QBs is that bad? Guess they're not as smart as we are. It's like everyone thinking a few months back that we could get a 3rd rounder for Fitz (I remember one poster thinking we coud get a 2!!).

Since Freeman won't be traded, I would grab one of the talented defensive players that will be there at 8 and then go BPA and draft a "raw, developmental" QB later on. If we hit, great. If not, we try again next year.

Edited by biggerdaddynj

Here's a "real" rumor that will make you want to puke--Ed Reed hitting the open market in March and being signed by the Pats. PFT cites Peter King.

Reed will be an UFA this year.

I can't believe that there would be any truth to the rumor that he will be signed by the Pats though.

As far as I'm aware it would be against the rules for any teams to approach a player while he is still playing under contract for another team......the Patriots wouldn't cheat like that would they?

Because head coaches like to get "their guy" Freeman is in his fourth year, they need more than an 81.6 rating coming off a 74.9. He should be a lot better than he is 11 of 16 his completion percentage in under 58 ? yikes. With Doug Martin as a good running game with Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams as wide outs and his offensive line is really good. They are not thrilled with Freeman and I would be either. WAY WAY WAY to inconsistent

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/1/2/3827218/buccaneers-quarterback-competition-josh-freeman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/greg-schiano-i-need-to-evaluate-josh-freeman/

http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/12/13/3763694/josh-freeman-quarterback-future-draft-buccaneers

Reed will be an UFA this year.

I can't believe that there would be any truth to the rumor that he will be signed by the Pats though.

As far as I'm aware it would be against the rules for any teams to approach a player while he is still playing under contract for another team......the Patriots wouldn't cheat like that would they?

Haha. But it does make a lot of sense. The PAts and Belichick LOVE Ed Reed (and why won't you?). I just know we got our own version of Ed Reed in Jairus and I hope they figure out a long term deal.

Because head coaches like to get "their guy" Freeman is in his fourth year, they need more than an 81.6 rating coming off a 74.9. He should be a lot better than he is 11 of 16 his completion percentage in under 58 ? yikes. With Doug Martin as a good running game with Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams as wide outs and his offensive line is really good. They are not thrilled with Freeman and I would be either. WAY WAY WAY to inconsistent

http://www.bucsnatio...on-josh-freeman

http://profootballta...e-josh-freeman/

http://www.bucsnatio...raft-buccaneers

There is a direct correlation with Freeman's dropoff and his starting guards getting injured. QBs HATE pressure up the middle. If the Bucs are that stupid, again, I'd say goodbye to a 1st and left ball. Freeman could be our Big Ben and he's still really young.

Doug Williams

Trent Dilfer

Steve Young

Need a hint anyone?

All were Super Bowl winners.

where do these ridiculous rumors originate from?

It's kind of a weird situation. The link that Rob's House posted tells the story:

Freeman is not being offered an extension and the Bucs are letting him enter the final year of his rookie deal. After next season, he would become an unrestricted free agent.

The Bucs are making him play a "prove it" season before trying to sign him. By risking losing him in free agency, the team is clearly not sold on Freeman at this point.

Seems like a lot of people are calling Freeman a stud...

2009: 54.4%, 1,855 yds, 10 TD, 18 INT (6.4 ypa)

2010: 61.4%, 3,451 yds, 25 TD, 6 INT (7.3 ypa)

2011: 62.8%, 3,592 yds, 16 TD, 22 INT (6.5 ypa)

2012: 54.8%, 4,065 yds, 27 TD, 17 INT (7.3 ypa)

If anything he's inconsistent and prone to throwing interceptions. Sound familiar? Sure he's got upside, but he certainly is not a stud.

If anything he's inconsistent and prone to throwing interceptions. Sound familiar? Sure he's got upside, but he certainly is not a stud.

hes young, and has been through a couple coaching staffs which is always tough. 2011 was a huge letdown, after ending 2010 on one of the best 8 game runs ive seen from a young qb.

id take him in a heartbeat, but i do think theres some sort of maturity/leadership issue behind the scenes. the gun injury issue was a red flag. some of that teams locker room stuff worries me.

the sounds like anyone stuff - no hes not at all like fitz.

Here's a "real" rumor that will make you want to puke--Ed Reed hitting the open market in March and being signed by the Pats. PFT cites Peter King.

That's fine. The Bills aren't going to beat the Pats anyways.

The playoffs.

If he is truly a Franchise QB, then the Bucs won't trade him. If he isn't truly a Franchise QB, then I am tired of the Bills counting on other teams cast offs. Edited by BuffBill

He just turned 25 on 1/13/13. I would guess he has to be among the all time leader in touchdown passes before 25.