Burke of CNN/SI grades the Bills HC choice as the worst of the eight (

ganesh

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously...I hate "GRADING" articles. 99% of the time, the article runs through a series of statements then randomly assigns a letter grade to the selection. This article in particular was extra craptucular in the sense it provided no real pros and cons and spoke mainly in hypotheticals. It mentioned very little of this risks in each hire. In some cases, like Chip Kelly, this guy completely glossed over the huge risks associated with bringing him on board. Like HIS COMMITMENT TO THE ACTUAL TEAM.

The Bills hired Marrone.. I mean he must be the worst... stellar logic from another hack writer.

They are all feeling resentment for being burned publicly by picking us for the playoffs last year... this type of thing will continue throughout the off-season. Don't worry, our FA signings will get low grades as well our first round pick will be the worst of the top 10... according to the "experts"

ps. cordy is a guard!

http://nfl.si.com/20.../?sct=uk_t12_a8

Gives a A- to Chip Kelly and a C to Marrone. The rest of the HCs graded at B+ or B.

If he thinks Chip Kelly is an A- he is discredited. I was seriously relieved when the Bills did NOT get Kelly.

Talk about an underqualified risk. Prior to 4 years at Oregon he coached (as an assistant) at Columbia, Hew Hampshire, and JOHNS HOPKINS???? Does JHU even have a football team??

Only a few years as a H/C at any level, and suddenly he is the sexy pick for an NFL job?? INSANE. Look to the Eagles to be competing for the #1 draft pick the next couple years.

Big Whoop.

He's a newby writer with 1.5 years covering the NFL http://www.linkedin....in/chrisburke82

Before SI, he worked at a twice weekly community paper, then was a Detroit-based blogger. Some credentials.

Peter King is a lot more credible (as far as pundrity like this can be, that is): http://sportsillustr...ills/index.html

Edited by Lurker

I like Fitz, but he lost may at the end when hes said they have to find a way to fix Fitzpatrick.

I agree. That statement proved that he is completely out of touch with what has been going on with the Bills for the past six months. I disregarded the entire article at that point.

Talk about an underqualified risk. Prior to 4 years at Oregon he coached (as an assistant) at Columbia, Hew Hampshire, and JOHNS HOPKINS???? Does JHU even have a football team??

Lol this is all I could think of when I saw this.

Seriously...I hate "GRADING" articles. 99% of the time, the article runs through a series of statements then randomly assigns a letter grade to the selection. This article in particular was extra craptucular in the sense it provided no real pros and cons and spoke mainly in hypotheticals. It mentioned very little of this risks in each hire. In some cases, like Chip Kelly, this guy completely glossed over the huge risks associated with bringing him on board. Like HIS COMMITMENT TO THE ACTUAL TEAM.

Considering the fact that at Kelly's PC, Eagles Owner Jeff Lurie dodged a question about if there is a large buyout option in Kelly's contract. I think this shows how much of a commitment Lurie thinks he has for the Eagles.

I recall Adam Sheffler(?) being interviewed before the Championship game and he was asked who "won" the coaching caurosel, and he said that respected league people thought Marone would have the most success of the bunch.

I'm sure you'll find every opinion in-between and none of them matter until the games begin they are all speculation only.

Who the Hell is Chris Burke ? has he every been an NFL Executive, has he ever coached, NO he is an Idiot report who doesn't report the news but make their own & CNN/SI, WOW real great sports department

How can you grade a Coaches who haven't coached a game with their new teams, its not like players in the Draft who play in the Senior Bowl, do The Combine & private workouts

Someone on the article's comment section Chris Burke's coaching hire grades from last year:

It's makes an interesting article but it's a little silly to assign grade levels on coach hires. As an example, Chris Burke's grades for last year hires: Romeo Crennel A-; Joe Philbin B; Jeff Fisher B; Chuck Pagano B-; Mike Mularkey C; Dennis Allen C-; Greg Schiano D.

This guy is just throwing darts blindly.