Bills could draft #3 overall

truth on hold

Only 5 teams behind us in standings. Of those - Eagles, Lions and Titans - it's just a game. KC and Jags with 2 wins only teams can't catch us. But if we keep losing odds are we will move up on the draft board. 4 other teams with 5 wins (and no I haven't worked out tie breakers and schedules), but the draft picture is brightening. Lose out and 3 to 6 seems to be the range we pick.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW most draft previews I've seen don't have a single QB listed as a top 10 prospect.

Geno Smith may go #1 overall...In fact it's still likely...After that it's wide open certainly...Too many people are looking at Barkley...And that's not where we should be looking...IMHO, the other QB's that can fly up after the Sr Bowl and Combine based on their potential are Mike Glennon, and Tyler Wilson...I think when it's all said and done 3 QB's will go in the Top 15...I'm just not sure which yet...But I REALLY doubt Barkley is one of them... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

If the Bills pick 3rd, they have to make a balls out effort to get the #1 to get Geno Smith. It's only two spots and shouldn't cost too much. If they CAN'T make that deal, they should trade down, get some extra picks, and make hay that way. This Manti Te'o hype is getting ridiculous. He's good, but he's not 3rd overall good. We could trade down a few spots and still get him.

GO BILLS!!!

Only 5 teams behind us in standings. Of those - Eagles, Lions and Titans - it's just a game. KC and Jags with 2 wins only teams can't catch us. But if we keep losing odds are we will move up on the draft board. 4 other teams with 5 wins (and no I haven't worked out tie breakers and schedules), but the draft picture is brightening. Lose out and 3 to 6 seems to be the range we pick.

I think 4 out of those 5 teams would be interested in a QB the only team who might let us move up for a quality QB is Detroit - on top of that I think there is only one QB who has a good chance to be a quality starter (Geno Smith) and quality starter doesn't mean franchise QB- maybe in the next ten QBs there is a diamond but you'll be guessing which is the diamond and which are the 9 pieces of glass.

If the Bills pick 3rd, they have to make a balls out effort to get the #1 to get Geno Smith. It's only two spots and shouldn't cost too much. If they CAN'T make that deal, they should trade down, get some extra picks, and make hay that way. This Manti Te'o hype is getting ridiculous. He's good, but he's not 3rd overall good. We could trade down a few spots and still get him.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree about Te'o...At least right now I do...If he goes to the Combine and posts a few 4.5's I'll switch quick...But like I've said here before, I think he's way closer to Rey Maualuga than Ray Lewis...Not that the Bills could not use a Rey Maualuga-type...But still... B-)

if we get the #3 pick we take the best QB available...

DO NOT fall for the Te'o hype... he is a good leader, but not a top 5 caliber player

Chiefs will make an effort to get Alex Smith, and then go QB in round 2. That team needs more than just at QB.

Jags will stick with Henne, and make an effort to get Tebow. They will draft defense.

If and IF we get the third pick, we can get Geno

DO NOT fall for the Te'o hype... he is a good leader, but not a top 5 caliber player

Chiefs will make an effort to get Alex Smith, and then go QB in round 2. That team needs more than just at QB.

Jags will stick with Henne, and make an effort to get Tebow. They will draft defense.

You really see chiefs going for vet starter after the cassell experience ?

If the Chiefs or Jags pass on Smith they deserve to suck for years to come...I don't see any possibility where The Bills get Smith...And if I was the Jags, or the Chiefs, I would not trade the rights to Draft him for almost anything...Those teams (ESPECIALLY the Jags) need to sell tickets too...Geno Smith is going to bring a heck of a lot more excitement to a Franchise than Alex Smith...Not that I don't like Smith...I just can't see either of those teams passing... B-)

Jones. LB Georgia. Better pass rusher than Te'O. QB in round 2. Nassib. If he dosen't work out, trade the farm for Jonny Football next year.

I'm a big fan of Te'O, but if the Bills were picking that high, the pick would have to be Jarvis Jones.

i just hope the bills dont blow it by winning their last two and ending up with a middling pick again

when the game is on i find it real hard to root for a loss but im so sick of this crap i may find the strength to do just that these last couple weeks

Buffalo will need help of course...... The second column is the number of wins of opponents which directly correlated to strength of schedule the final column are their wins.

week 16 matters most

come week 17 the number of wins can only increase by 2 because of divisional play so its driven by the teams noncommon opponents winning or losing. On MNF TEN wins then they stay where they are...if they lose they move to tied for 4th with philadelphia.

This is tracking current teams opponents performance...not the teams they have played so far. With opponents you know who they will be playing for strength of schedule. So you cant be reading JAX playing NE next week so their win total will jump up. The only adjustment from week to week will be based on the teams they play and their performance for that week.

For example since Buffalo played both tennesee and JEts this season...tomorrows MNF game will add 1 if Tenn wins, will add 2 if Jets win, will add 1.5 if they tie.

1 112 KC 2

2 120 JAX 2

3 104 OAK 4

4 115 PHL 4

5 126 DET 4

6 100 SD 5

7 109 BUF 5

8 112 CLE 5

9 114 TEN 4

10 115 CAR 5

11 125 AZ 5

If I recall correctly...

SD-OAK and JAX-TEN close the season playing each other.

Edited by djp14150

I would say that after hearing Nix, they go WR first, then make some moves for a QB

Buddy will blow the pick. Too stupid / conservative.

Yup, cause his early picks have been horrible

Spiller - Everyones new favorite (after calling him a bust for his first little while)

Dareus - the guy everyone was screaming over who they had to draft

If the Chiefs or Jags pass on Smith they deserve to suck for years to come...I don't see any possibility where The Bills get Smith...And if I was the Jags, or the Chiefs, I would not trade the rights to Draft him for almost anything...Those teams (ESPECIALLY the Jags) need to sell tickets too...Geno Smith is going to bring a heck of a lot more excitement to a Franchise than Alex Smith...Not that I don't like Smith...I just can't see either of those teams passing... B-)

I don't think theres anyone in the Draft that really "Sells tickets" for any of those franchises. Tebow would "sell Tickets" for Jacksonville though

Buffalo will need help of course...... The second column is the number of wins of opponents which directly correlated to strength of schedule the final column are their wins.

week 16 matters most

come week 17 the number of wins can only increase by 2 because of divisional play so its driven by the teams noncommon opponents winning or losing. On MNF TEN wins then they stay where they are...if they lose they move to tied for 4th with philadelphia.

This is tracking current teams opponents performance...not the teams they have played so far. With opponents you know who they will be playing for strength of schedule. So you cant be reading JAX playing NE next week so their win total will jump up. The only adjustment from week to week will be based on the teams they play and their performance for that week.

For example since Buffalo played both tennesee and JEts this season...tomorrows MNF game will add 1 if Tenn wins, will add 2 if Jets win, will add 1.5 if they tie.

1 112 KC 2

2 120 JAX 2

3 104 OAK 4

4 115 PHL 4

5 126 DET 4

6 100 SD 5

7 109 BUF 5

8 112 CLE 5

9 114 TEN 4

10 115 CAR 5

11 125 AZ 5

If I recall correctly...

SD-OAK and JAX-TEN close the season playing each other.

Thanks for the analysis. Good news of 8 teams we could be tied with, our SoS is currently 3rd weakest. best case for us we keep losing, Raiders win out, and Eagles, Lions, Chargers & Titans win at least 1 ... if Im doing it correctly we get most likely #3 in that scenario.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Its been said many times, it doesn't matter where you draft, it just matter that you draft well where your at. If just drafting ealry made you better, how come it always seems like the same teams are drafting in the top spot every year? How many times have the Lions drafted in the top 5 over the last decade?

What good would it do to move up the draft board? The clowns at One Bills Drive would screw it up anyway. Seriously, until Ralph Wilson is no longer the owner of this team, the Bills are doomed to mediocrity.

FWIW most draft previews I've seen don't have a single QB listed as a top 10 prospect.

Was Russell Wilson a top 10 prospect? Kaepernick? Kirk Cousins? Nick Foles?

Roethlisburger? Romo? . . . Brady?

I dont care. Just keep picking them until we get it right. You cannot ever ever win in this league without at least one.

Its not whether a top 10 prospect is there. Its whether the front office can actually figure out who is worth a shot. Think of all the qbs in all the rounds that they've passed on in the past three years, in favor of taking more dbs.

Edited by maddenboy