Fitz was outstanding.. for all you haters

8-8 Forever?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5-22 when he has over 30 pass "attempts".....................he is the definetion of crapola

8-8 works for you..is a failure for everyone else .............haaaaa

disagree on this one.........quit being a fitzhomer.........turn the page.

"another good try good effort" heck of a guy.........has zero arm strength.

rams played run D all day and Fitz couldn't make them pay. nothing new to see here....another failure notch in the belt.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I want Fitz to be our guy, I do. I like him as a person and a teammate to these guys, but he just can't get it done.

-His first pass should have been intercepted twice. Fortunately, the first guy just tipped it. Horrible decision to throw. I'm talking mind blowing bad.

-His deep throws down the sidelines aren't even close. He has the bullet throws down the middle and his turn routes outside on lockdown, but it ends there.

-Playcalling or not, the Rams do what they always do and blitz. They don't win a lot so it's beatable. Fitz just couldn't make the adjustments with Chan. Especially when they backed off in the second half, only 4 in the box and no switches to the run?

Again, good guy. Decent stats at the end. But didn't have the stat he needed at the end

He may not be our biggest problem (that is Chan Gailey), but he is one of them. I have no doubt, a head coach capable of (cliche coming up) "putting his team in the best position to win" could win more games than Gailey has with Fitzpatrick, Jackson and Spiller at this disposal. Fitz has his woes, but Gailey does little to hide them... Chan has been, consistlenly, this season (and most of last), the worst game day performer on the Bills sideline. When Fitz says the team lacks a "kiler instinct", he is talking about his head coach...

Edited by Buftex

That just HAS to be a troll. There's no way someone still believes that.

Do you want to bet on that? There are many people who believe Ralph Wilson is a good and benevolent owner! There are many people who believe that the Bills are on the verge of being a powerhouse team. There are people who believe that the Bills lose because of bad luck. There are people who believe that the Bills lose because of bad refereeing. There are people who believe Chan is a good HC. There are people who believe that Nix who has turnned a losing frachise into a worse losing franchise is doing a good job. There are people who believe that the aged owner has a secret plan to keep the franchise in western NY. There are those people who believe that those who believe the owner is going to auction off the team are being negative and causing trouble. There are those that believe that WGR is unfair in their criticisms of this historically losing organization. They believe that more positive feedback from the raido station will create a positive environment for this laggard team to win more. There are many people who believe that getting drunk at the games and starting fights is acceptable behavior for spectators. There are those that believe that the dullest and most irrelevant team in the NFL should be playing more Monday NIght Games. There are those that believe that Wilson is right in not committing a penny and to committing to stay in the region for a reasonable period of time in return for the public authorities to pay the full costs of a stadium renovation.

Don't ever doubt the capacity of people for being foolish!

Edited by JohnC

I will say, once again our receivers are terrible. Stevie and Chandler are the only one's that would find a home on another team. Graham could develop but he's not a threat downfield yet. I would trade our WR corp with the Rams in a heart beat. Fitz also had a subpar line blocking for him yesterday. My big problem with Fitz this year is he hasn't shown the ability to elevate his teammates at the end of games and either seal the deal or win 'em. Time to draft a guy and pray he's the one.

Edited by zow2

I will say, once again our receivers are terrible. Stevie and Chandler are the only one's that would find a home on another team. Graham could develop but he's not a threat downfield yet. I would trade our WR corp with the Rams in a heart beat. Fitz also had a subpar line blocking for him yesterday. My big problem with Fitz this year is he hasn't shown the ability to elevate his teammates at the end of games and either seal the deal or win 'em. Time to draft a guy and pray he's the one.

TJ graham really? the guy who was open and fitz knuckleballed it short everytime? WR core or QB from the Rams you mean? Notice how Bradford's passes have velocity?

12 pts from offense Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fitz rules!!!! get outta here.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Sad, but true. I was with the OP, but am now slowly coming around to this point of view.

How many game-ending picks has Fitz thrown this year? I think 4.

Its not just the picks... its that he throws it to a defender, EVERTIME. Its not like a tip or misdirection interception. Nope, right to the defender.

3-13 on 3rd downs. Yup, definitely outstanding. How's that 3rd down, long pass play with less than 5 mins left looking? Nice 3 and out by the offense there... again.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

why would you post this OP? Bradford schooled this "outstanding" QB who hasn't done jack since the first 4 weeks post lockout last year.

amazing blindness to back this guy IMO. everyones entitled to a take though.

more fitz-less wins! keep em coming. thank you sir may i have s'more?

Do you want to bet on that? There are many people who believe Ralph Wilson is a good and benevolent owner! There are many people who believe that the Bills are on the verge of being a powerhouse team. There are people who believe that the Bills lose because of bad luck. There are people who believe that the Bills lose because of bad refereeing. There are people who believe Chan is a good HC. There are people who believe that Nix who has turnned a losing frachise into a worse losing franchise is doing a good job. There are people who believe that the aged owner has a secret plan to keep the franchise in western NY. There are those people who believe that those who believe the owner is going to auction off the team are being negative and causing trouble. There are those that believe that WGR is unfair in their criticisms of this historically losing organization. They believe that more positive feedback from the raido station will create a positive environment for this laggard team to win more. There are many people who believe that getting drunk at the games and starting fights is acceptable behavior for spectators. There are those that believe that the dullest and most irrelevant team in the NFL should be playing more Monday NIght Games. There are those that believe that Wilson is right in not committing a penny and to committing to stay in the region for a reasonable period of time in return for the public authorities to pay the full costs of a stadium renovation.

Don't ever doubt the capacity of people for being foolish!

C'mon John. There can't be that many stupid people.

25 of 32, 250+, 1 score in mid December. and got the crap kicked out of him. This guy is not our biggest problem. Do I want a 6'4" Superman QB? sure , that would be nice. But Fitz is no slouch.

Equals another loss.

Don't sell him short. He's a tremendous slouch.

Wow... I am not a Fitz hater, and I think a good head coach could likely win more games with him (and a healthier mix of Jackson/Spiller), but I really think Fitz inaccuracy contributes migthily to the ineffectiveness of our receivers. Fitz is streaky, and I prefer him to our last few QB's, but make no mistake, he is not the answer for this team.

I also think TJ Graham would be rolling up some significant yardage if he had a QB who could get him the ball...the kid is pretty much always open down field...but the QB can't get the ball to him...I can't help but think he would be putting up a big game every few weeks in places like Detroit, Green Bay, Carolina...he is a home-run hitter waiting for a pitch.

Edited by Buftex

About 1 minute BEFORE the game ending pick, I actually stated on the "Shout Box", something along the lines of about time

for Fitz to throw the pick.

There were like 25 people logged on, so someone had to have seen it.

Just saying.

Steve Stojan - " like clockwork".

One could make the argument that Gailey's conservative play calling is preventing us form winning. Look at our first 3 quarters and our last quarter. Heck Gailey trusts so little in Spiller that he gives him the ball one-time in the 4th quarter.

At this conjuncture I'd be happy firing Gailey and hiring a new coach and allowing him to draft the best QB available & letting them compete for the job.

Do I believe Fitz is the long-term answer? No. Do I believe Gailey is more culpable than Fitz? Yes.

Edited by BigCountryBills

I cannot for the life of me wrap my brain around the fact that some people still think Fitz is a viable QB. Maybe with a coach who wasn't a douche bag and knew how to call plays he might reach average. That is his ceiling. He is the reason very team stacks the box against the run and we never make them pay. He just can't make the throws or be consistent, except for game ending picks.

RTB

I cannot for the life of me wrap my brain around the fact that some people still think Fitz is a viable QB. Maybe with a coach who wasn't a douche bag and knew how to call plays he might reach average. That is his ceiling. He is the reason very team stacks the box against the run and we never make them pay. He just can't make the throws or be consistent, except for game ending picks.

RTB

This.

I've also started to notice, he stares down receivers.

Fitz is a BACK UP.

You guys who think he is a starter what the heck more do you have to see????

We as Bills fans got to watch what a QB can do for an entire team. Luck has taken Indy from 2-14 to 9-4 in one season!!!

Sorry guys but until the Bills get with the program and get a STARTING caliber QB we will see the same thing every year!!

There is one or two in this draft, there just is! Odds and history show it!! The Bills have to find him and draft him at all costs!!

The reason the Bills almost won that game was because of the D! IF the 'outstanding' Fitz could have put together some type of a drive in the fourth quarter on any of the Bills last 3 possesions, Bills WIN!!

Mind boggeling people still want to stay with Fitz!! You are the guys Ralph, Nix, and Chan love!!!

If you quantify success or failure based on metrics only, then sure, Fitz looks OK. And while this isn't a black and white argument (the HC bears fault) Fitz cannot do certain things well enough to win games. His deep ball remains the worst or near worst in the NFL. He is wildly inaccurate on even medium throws and there's nothing suggesting this will change.

Go on citing stats as evidence that he's better. He's not, and while not the biggest problem, he hinders more than helps the team at the most important position.

the fact that gailey made him throw 32 times in a close, low-scoring game in rainy/snowy weather is inexcusable. it's actually a !@#$ing joke. spiller and freddy should've carried the team yesterday - it was a perfect day for it.

Exactly everyone know you run the ball in bad weather, you don't 32 times especially if you have the lead

25 of 32, 250+, 1 score in mid December. and got the crap kicked out of him. This guy is not our biggest problem. Do I want a 6'4" Superman QB? sure , that would be nice. But Fitz is no slouch.

Why isn't the INT to seal the deal for STL in your fluffed up stat line? I do agree that Fitz is not our biggest problem. Chan is. Fitz is number 2. Pun intended.