And the reason we lost today is....

Virgil

Gailey!!!

Takes a lot to steal that award from Fitz, but he definitely did. 12 rushing attempts between Spiller and Jackson. Our offense didn't have a player even walk into the endzone, without the ball!

Ultimately, the Head Coach is in charge. We know this team has more talent than last year. That's a fact. Wanny may be the Defensive Coordinator, but Chan is the coach and has total control. Anything that happens on that field, that isn't a mistake by a player, is his ownership.

He allows the lack of blitzing, DE's in coverage, and players taking plays off. And yes, Mario took numerous plays off. It was painfully obvious to watch.

Chan tells Nix what he needs. Fitz didn't make the big mistake today, but you can see the lack of respect for the deep ball. Chan owns that. And i'm sorry, I get the rules the NFL has for practice time, but I still believe that if Chan wanted Tavaris in the game, he could get him up to speed.

Chan owns the product on the field. There wasn't any ONE person who lost this game today. This was the sum of who we are as a team and we are not very good. This is Chan's mess. If Nix supports him, then it's also his mess.

I like both guys, but we keep hearing it's a business. If you don't perform in business, then you go under.

Plain and simple: This team has no balls with Chan Gailey as the HC. Honestly, I don't remember the last time this team had any balls. When the Texans are going for it on 4th down with the lead in the 4th quarter and we haven't gone for it on 4th on multiple occassions throughout the game behind against a 6-1 team, on the road, with the opportunity to make a statement to our Division and the League, it shows that Kubiak has CONFIDENCE in his players and offense and that Chan doesn't.

Our conservative OFFENSIVE playcalling on and our passive DEFENSIVE playcalling, which blitzed early and caused confusion and break ups early in the game, shot themselves in the feet. This game was winnable and was just embarrassing from a coaching point of view as the game progressed. (We blitzed at the beginning of the game and got sacks and made Schaub throw early. I've heard people say on this site that we SHOULDN'T blitz because our secondary's weak. If anything, BLITZ TO COMPENSATE FOR OUR WEAK SECONDARY, which I don't think we have even though Aaron Williams has good coverage but horrible awareness. Also, our Offensive Mastermind CG seems to reach 3rd down awfully quick on EVER SINGLE OFFENSIVE POSSESSION.)

We are and always going to be a bunch of pussies when we have a kitty as a HC.

We have problems. And a passive and Pass Happy Head Coach with tiny balls isn't going to solve them.

Once this team gets new ownership, I think we will truly REBUILD.

LIVE AND DIE BILLS

Coaching, plain and simple. Gailey thinks he's so smart that he can outcoach other teams by doing the opposite of what they expect. they expext a smart coach to utilize his teams' strengths, in this case his running game, and instead this jerkoff throws tiwce as much as he runs, with a subpar QB no less.

Another bad coaching pick. The only hope is RW fires nix, hires Whaley and he summarily fires Chan and hires someone else. Otherwise, it appears we're stuck with this moron.

Not enough talent. This team played about as we'll as it could've with the roster that has been assembled.

The only place I agree with this is under center. Our O line is amazing. Our RBs are amazing. Our WRs are at least middle of the road. The D has been the moneypit of the Nix regime. Don't even give me this crap.

I have to agree with you, at least on the offensive side of the ball for today. Spiller played great when he had the ball, averaging 6.5 ypc and 12 yards per catch but they only got the ball to him 11 times. Everyone knows how limited Fitz is so we should NEVER be going 3 and out because of 3 incomplete passes. Where was the running game today? The defense play good enough for us to win but this time the offensive play calling was terrible.

The one important thing to remember is that the Texans are IMO, the best team in the league and were not so we shouldn't be expecting a win in the first place, but our lack of a running game is killing us.

Not only don't we run when we should, but we do not even attempt a pass more than 15 yards down field. Prove me wrong if needed, but I don't recall any attempts, let alone completions, past 15 yards the entire game--all 38 of them.

I don't know why people blame Ralph. He hires the GM and pays the money. He definitely paid the money. Everyone going into this season was expecting more of our D. The Fitz situation was wait and see. Ralph could have demanded us to draft a QB, but who was worth taking? We weren't going to trade up to get Luck or RG3, so what then?

Ralph gets a pass with me. Not that I think he has any idea what is happening with the team right now.

agree with the OP. No one played badly. The team as a whole just sucks. And that falls on Chan. The coach is responsible for the culture , the attitude. Our culture is passive and weak minded. There's no reason to keep Chan at this point. He's three years in. This is his team and this is what Chan-football will look like going forward.

We're not going to be able to lure a clearly desirable candidate to Buffalo, so I hope we think outside of the box instead off hiring another retread.

The lack of talent is on Nix and that front office he's assembled. Gailey has some responsibility, but not nearly as much. But it's good to know Nix has committed to Gailey for another season with half a season left.

These guys are cruising into retirement watching each others backs on ralphs dime. But its really the fans dime since that's where all the money comes from

the reason we lost today is our secondary and tertiary defense...the offense played ok, against a really good defense...our defense held a really explosive offense to 21 points...hard to complain about that from an inferior team...it still pisses me off that we have them 3rd and 12, 3rd and 7 and we give up soft coverage on defense and they get the first down....we looked like a pop warner defense, but yet we still held an upper echelon team to 21 and were within very reasonable striking distance in the 4th quarter.....

it really is shocking that spiller got 6 carries and like 4 or 5 passes.

fred needs to be the back up, and spiller needs to get a ton of touches. he showed with his ac joint that he can bounce back 100% and be tough when he needs to be if he gets dinged up.

frankly i'm good with the d today. we had a real shot at winning that game if we ran the ball a lot more and didn't put it all on fitz. chan and fitz are tied together, and they need to get gone.

These guys are cruising into retirement watching each others backs on ralphs dime. But its really the fans dime since that's where all the money comes from

Counting the texans gate receipts

I don't know why people blame Ralph. He hires the GM and pays the money. He definitely paid the money. Everyone going into this season was expecting more of our D. The Fitz situation was wait and see. Ralph could have demanded us to draft a QB, but who was worth taking? We weren't going to trade up to get Luck or RG3, so what then?

Ralph gets a pass with me. Not that I think he has any idea what is happening with the team right now.

um, maybe because if he has no idea, then he has no business owning the team. at least, if he has any concern or respectfor the fans...which of course he doesn't.

but re the original premise, chan is second rate but probably the best wilson could attract. so who's to blame?

When the offense and fitz finally get some rhythm and momentum --- we go wildcat.

The coaching just tries too hard to out think the opponent.

This is what frustrates me most. Fitz finally starts to get hot. Let's line him up as a WR! :doh:

This is what frustrates me most. Fitz finally starts to get hot. Let's line him up as a WR! :doh:

i'd like to see a yards per attempt stat from the wildcat. it's got to be abysmal. yet he continues to run it at crucial times. he's really not smart enough to outsmart anyone.

Not only don't we run when we should, but we do not even attempt a pass more than 15 yards down field. Prove me wrong if needed, but I don't recall any attempts, let alone completions, past 15 yards the entire game--all 38 of them.

I know I commented in the shoutbox about a long throw along the far sideline on 3rd down to a well covered receiver. I should put that phrase into autotype because I use it in every commentary that I write about this team,

Gailey!!!

Takes a lot to steal that award from Fitz, but he definitely did. 12 rushing attempts between Spiller and Jackson. Our offense didn't have a player even walk into the endzone, without the ball!

Ultimately, the Head Coach is in charge. We know this team has more talent than last year. That's a fact. Wanny may be the Defensive Coordinator, but Chan is the coach and has total control. Anything that happens on that field, that isn't a mistake by a player, is his ownership.

He allows the lack of blitzing, DE's in coverage, and players taking plays off. And yes, Mario took numerous plays off. It was painfully obvious to watch.

Chan tells Nix what he needs. Fitz didn't make the big mistake today, but you can see the lack of respect for the deep ball. Chan owns that. And i'm sorry, I get the rules the NFL has for practice time, but I still believe that if Chan wanted Tavaris in the game, he could get him up to speed.

Chan owns the product on the field. There wasn't any ONE person who lost this game today. This was the sum of who we are as a team and we are not very good. This is Chan's mess. If Nix supports him, then it's also his mess.

I like both guys, but we keep hearing it's a business. If you don't perform in business, then you go under.

Now you get what I've been here complaining about for the last 3 years.

It appears Nix / Gailey have a 5 year plan and they are damned determined to see it thru, their way!

Remember Marv Levy in his first few weeks as Bills HC he stated "we want to get as good as we can, as quickly as we can"

This team under Nix / Gailey seem to be taking the exact opposite approach. Like Nix and the draft, he won't take charge as he just waits and sees how things unfold. Bill Polian OTOH went out and got the players he needed right away, he didn't wait 3 years to draft a LT, or 4 years to draft a rookie QB that will take 4 years to develop :doh:

This franchise continues to be the joke of the league, and jauron was a better HC :bag:

Gailey!!!

Completely agree. 12 carries combined and Fitz throws the ball 38 times. That is a recipe for failure. And yes, Chan is also responsible for the overall softness of this team.

In a game the Bills had no business keeping close. 7-3 in the 2nd Quarter with a 1:45 to play in the half.

4th and 2 and Houston 4.

FG Attempt.

To quote the Future Tuesday Morning QB that will be out on the 6th.

"TMQ wrote Houston wins"

Why not got for it???

If you can't get the two yards for the 1st down or the 4 yards for the TD. The Texans have to go 96 yards in a 1:45 seconds.

That is how you play to "Not Lose" as opposed to playing to win.

Houston ball, 3 & 2 in the third quarter, down 14-6, big stop and the mo turns our way. BUT Gilmore is laying off Andre Johnson by 6 to 8 yards and immediately back pedals to make sure that Houston has no problem getting the first down. Why would we ever want to play their best WR tight in a 3rd & 2?