[closed]Happy 50th Birthday, Doug Flutie

49er Fan

Career 76.3 QB Rating, 14,715 Yards, 86 Touchdowns

My mother in law (back in the day as a gag) got me a box of his flakes. I didn't have the heart to tell her he might have been my least favorite Bill of all time.

He got screwed. He should have started the Titans game.

We are suffering through the curse, and won't be in the playoffs untile tribute is paid.

Yup. He could have tackled Wycheck before he ever threw that forward lateral.

inflated ego, beneficiary of good defenses in Buffalo, winless in post-season, mullet-sporting chowderhead

This

Locker room cancer, horrible teammate - Always able to find someone else to blame for his noodle arm!!!

And this

Did he take responsibility for his 50 years on this Earth or is he blaming someone else?

And this too

Locker room cancer, horrible teammate - Always able to find someone else to blame for his noodle arm!!!

The "Locker Room Cancer" who was 21-9 as Bills quarterback when "good guy" Rob Johnson was 9-17 WITH THE SAME DEFENSE?

That "Locker Room Cancer?

Happy Birthday, Doug.

Wish you were still young enough to be our quarterback… we wouldn't be the losers we've been since you left.

Great athlete,good QB...and still a great athlete for 3 yrs after we acquired him at nearly age 36.

Goofball ralph chose him as starter vs Tenny--- a game we woulda won by a mile if Flutie played.

The "Locker Room Cancer" who was 21-9 as Bills quarterback when "good guy" Rob Johnson was 9-17 WITH THE SAME DEFENSE?

Happy Birthday, Doug.

Wish you were still young enough to be our quarterback… we wouldn't be the losers we've been since you left.

Right on. When Doug finally started the Bills did a 'Singletary to Harbaugh'-like turnaround.

Happy Birthday Doug. You're the best! Loved watching you in Buffalo. A true winner.

Since I've only been a Bills fan since 1996, the Flutie era is "the good ole days"!!

Does anyone else remember his last game as a Bill? A total whoopin' of the Seahawks in the rain in Husky Stadium with a perfect QB rating! Then we cut him. :doh:

Flutie is a scumbag. Sucked as a qb. Talked about his family on tv and his son but cheated on his wife the whole time he lived in Buffalo. I wanted to kick his ass then but his mistress was my friend and she would not let me. F him he is a dirt bag!

and for what it is worth: Savior of the Buffalo Bills.

This is the truth.

I see him on television these days. Is he wearing a wig?

I think he's dying his hair, but I doubt he's wearing a wig.

He got screwed. He should have started the Titans game.

We are suffering through the curse, and won't be in the playoffs untile tribute is paid.

His arm was shot by that game. In '99, his arm was like Fitz's this year.

1998 was soooo much fun, though.

if i recall correctly, he brought some excitement back to buffalo in a time when we sorely needed it. watching him at his best was a lot of fun, at his worst, not so much. but thank you for your service and happy half century!

I agree and to add to this he came to Buffalo toward the end of a long career but gave us a chance to win every week.

Yes he was cocky and played with a chip on his shoulder but that fueled his will to win. So at the end of the day the W is all that really matters. Stop the Bull Sh#* about what type of person he was, on the field he was a winner and we would take a young Fluite on the

team in a heart beat!

Given what we have been looking at on the football field since he left I find it hard to believe ANYONE would be bad mouthing the guy. He came to play and he never gave up on the field, pulling a lot of the games on the fire using nothing but sheer will power. The crew we have now couldn't even come close to him in the area of guts, on field character, and will to win.

Career 76.3 QB Rating, 14,715 Yards, 86 Touchdowns

50 years old and he still would be a big improvement over Fitz. NFL is all about winning, and Flutie did that.

This is the truth.

I think he's dying his hair, but I doubt he's wearing a wig.

His arm was shot by that game. In '99, his arm was like Fitz's this year.

1998 was soooo much fun, though.

He is 50 years old and I am sure his arm is still better then Fitz's is.

Flutie is a scumbag. Sucked as a qb. Talked about his family on tv and his son but cheated on his wife the whole time he lived in Buffalo. I wanted to kick his ass then but his mistress was my friend and she would not let me. F him he is a dirt bag!

if Flutie sucked as a QB as you say, then whatever is below sucking is what every QB we have had since him as been. It is one thing to not like someone, we are all entitled to our opinions, but to say something that unintelligent is ridiculous.

The only guy who thought Flutie was a "locker room cancer" back then was RJ. We just had a thread here ddescribling how the players were stunned when they named RJ the starter for that Titans game.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Happy Birthday, Doug.

FTW.

The RJ vs. Flutie debate has long been over. Flutie was the better QB and (sadly) has turned out to be the best QB this franchise has had since Kelly retired. He was never going to be the "franchise" QB who could carry a team on its back, but he was a solid game manager whose mobility and sense of a pass rush mitigated the problems caused by a truly terrible offensive line.

The "locker room cancer" nonsense gets thrown around by people who were never in the Bills' locker room. People hated Flutie simply because he brought in a lot of casual Bills fans who probably liked Flutie more than the Bills. So RJ then became the de facto QB for the sophisticated, hardcore Bills fan.