Are Nix & Co. losing on purpose?

Stan da Man

Is it possible that this organization is intentionally losing to improve our draft position for the next draft? It's almost like they are trying to do it without making it look obvious. There is too much talent on this team that was seen last year and was improved on paper in the offseason.

Something just doesn't seem right. I smell funny business. Is this possible, probable or plausible?

I hear ya. It's almost like they purposely got smoked in the 2nd half of the Pats game and last week should have been a loss. It's like they begged AZ to win it. Sure gave em enough chances. The Browns game was questionable at how they came back at the end and of course today. I don't think they would ever do it purposely but man, does it ever feel like it.

Is it possible that this organization is intentionally losing to improve our draft position for the next draft? It's almost like they are trying to do it without making it look obvious. There is too much talent on this team that was seen last year and was improved on paper in the offseason.

Something just doesn't seem right. I smell funny business. Is this possible, probable or plausible?

Where is the evidence that there is "too much talent" on this team?

At this point the HC was doing his best to win, he just keeps reverting to his desire to call shotgun passing plays when the chips are down. Gailey gambled his future on a backup QB, and decided a rookie wouldn't get it done.

Nix wants to win as his job is on the line also. i think Tom Donahoe was fired for less wins 31-48, after 4 years.

Donahoe was better...Levy / Jauron was better. Gailey has his head up his keester because he doesn't know how to tell a proper DC from his butthole.

Handing 100 million dollar contract is the first sign of trying to lose

Are you serious with this topic.....don't be an idiot. The team and coaching staff is embarassing enough so please don't make fans out to be both ignorant and ridiculous. We Suck, it is that simple. Other NFL teams have turned the corner in 2-3 years while the Bills have stunk the joint up for over a decade and everyone from the Front Office, coaching staff, and players don't deserve to be associated with the NFL let alone let alone be able to cash a check from the NFL. Stop drinking the damn kool aid and accept you are the fan of a NFL team that would rank as the equivalent of whale **** if you were a marine biologist.

Nope, this is not possible, probable, or plausible.

Do you really think that the Bills organization from top to bottom is so coordinated, powerful, good at what they do, and in control that they have the power to control or force the outcome of a game (and actually a whole season) in such a way that they continually grasp defest from the jaws of victory time after time. (and also achieve this goal while keeping it all a secret from the watchful eyes of several hundred thousand Bills fans and several million folks betting on NFL games?

If the Bills at their highest levels were so good and so in control as to be able to have any chance of plotting to lose games merely to obtain a higher draft pick, it would be far soimpler for them to use this coordinated power and control to just win games.

Like many a conspiract theory this one simply assumes that the conspirators have far more competency, control, and power than they have demonsstated in reality.

Do you really have the belief and faith in Mr. Ralph, Gailey and the organization to believe they could accomplish the conspiracy theory you are laying out (and keep their nefarious plans a secret to the world?

Perhaps you also believe Dr. Evil is in control of the world and plans to make a million dollars from the ornate control required for such a plot to be real.

No. I'm sure if they tried loosing on purpose they'd start winning. ha.

LOL

They're so bad that it makes one conjure up theories like that. I've been going through those mental machinations for years. But the answer is no, they're really just that bad.

What I don't get is that it's almost always obvious when they hire these jokers except most fans and media always think that they're good hires because the "experts" in the organization are all smarter than we are. Even here most everyone originally supported the hire of Nix and Gailey and deferred to them. Now all of this.

In fact, it was just two months ago that most here were heralding Nix for his work and insisting that a 10-22 coach otherwise was all of a sudden going to propel this team into the playoffs or at least a winning record. Now .500 seems absurdly optimistic.

Well next time they try to force feed everyone a fat pudding pop, instead of spouting how the experts and people that get paid [a lot more than we do] to make these decisions know more than we do, how about sending an immediate message to the organization that you're not happy and saying that you're going to boycott the season and most likely the following season too until they become as serious as you are. They obviously don't know WTF they're doing, they obviously don't have a clue when they put the car in Drive and it goes in Reverse.

But watch, they'll hire some other head coach to liberally apply turd polish to, ditto for the GM, and it will be wash, rinse, repeat mode right here, on schedule again. Then after the astute fans realize how they've been screwed before it happens once again try to express as much, they'll be treated like lesser fans for doing so.

Two seasons of an empty stadium will do the trick. Never going to happen though. There are enough fools out there that insist that financial support for losing is the best way to prove how much of a fan one is.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Injuries, poor drafting (Maybin when Clay Matthews was avail), allowing our good players to walk away free agents, they should have extended the contract of Jarius Byrd before this season. Should have kept Wade Phillips, Perry Fewell or brought in Jim Hazlett.

My questions were somewhat rhetorical and tongue-in-cheek. It's just hard to believe the level of ineptitude and idiocy that has plagued this team for over a decade. In my heart I'm saying they can't be THAT bad, can they?.....but my head knows they really suck sweaty donkey balls from top to bottom. Sad, sad realization that has finally overcome what was once hope and optimism. I'm a defeated fan with no hope left.

Edited by Stan da Man

YES! Most amazing and insightful post ever. Suck for Luck and RG3 one year late while going .500 to get the 14th pick in the draft.

:wallbash: :wallbash:

They are a year Late, guys like Luck come around ounce in a lifetime.

LOL

They're so bad that it makes one conjure up theories like that. I've been going through those mental machinations for years. But the answer is no, they're really just that bad.

What I don't get is that it's almost always obvious when they hire these jokers except most fans and media always think that they're good hires because the "experts" in the organization are all smarter than we are. Even here most everyone originally supported the hire of Nix and Gailey and deferred to them. Now all of this.

In fact, it was just two months ago that most here were heralding Nix for his work and insisting that a 10-22 coach otherwise was all of a sudden going to propel this team into the playoffs or at least a winning record. Now .500 seems absurdly optimistic.

Well next time they try to force feed everyone a fat pudding pop, instead of spouting how the experts and people that get paid [a lot more than we do] to make these decisions know more than we do, how about sending an immediate message to the organization that you're not happy and saying that you're going to boycott the season and most likely the following season too until they become as serious as you are. They obviously don't know WTF they're doing, they obviously don't have a clue when they put the car in Drive and it goes in Reverse.

But watch, they'll hire some other head coach to liberally apply turd polish to, ditto for the GM, and it will be wash, rinse, repeat mode right here, on schedule again. Then after the astute fans realize how they've been screwed before it happens once again try to express as much, they'll be treated like lesser fans for doing so.

Two seasons of an empty stadium will do the trick. Never going to happen though. There are enough fools out there that insist that financial support for losing is the best way to prove how much of a fan one is.

You have been remarkably consistent (and correct) in your assessment of the team. Props to you.

No. They aren't competent enough to launch that kind of a coodinated effot with any degree of success.

well, we need to do whatever it takes to garner the QB of the future. And more important it must be done this year.

If you think this franchise is horrible right now (I think most here do) why would you want these guys picking your QB of the future...they would be the ones to pick Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning.

The reality is, our owner has a lot less time to own this team..only when the franchise swithches hands to another owner (in Buffalo or somewhere else) would I care about getting our franchise QB, right now.

Nothing personal, but what a ridiculous suggestion. I have never been a fan of Nix or Gailey or their hirings, but Nix isn't out of the field-although he couldn't do much worse. What you are seeing is what you get when you hire coaches that nobody else wants, when you have ownership that can't get a good coach to come here, can't get top players to come here unless you so severely overpay them it turns out to be a joke. Kinda like putting a blind person in a scavenging hunt and asking if he is trying not to win the hunt on purpose. Plus, they spent the money on Williams, now they have an excuse for sucking for the next 5 years when someone says they don't spend money. Even if they were throwing it, they would just screw up the draft pick anyway, so what would be accomplished? Edited by BuffBill

That's an easy answer. Unfortunately they really are this bad. They are trying their best to win, they just aren't any good at it. Gailey's hard headed sticking with Fitz and Wannstedt will cost him his job. I think Gailey is safe, but Chan will be gone after this season.

If you think this franchise is horrible right now (I think most here do) why would you want these guys picking your QB of the future...they would be the ones to pick Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning.

The reality is, our owner has a lot less time to own this team..only when the franchise swithches hands to another owner (in Buffalo or somewhere else) would I care about getting our franchise QB, right now.

I think we put it off two years and decided the defense was the priority.

The play book is limited now . And we might as well put the horse before the cart and get the QB first. Then give him some top draft receivers to heave to.

I would not go so far as to say Ryan Leaf over Peyton, but.... it's not pretty when the wheels are coming off..

They are a year Late, guys like Luck come around ounce in a lifetime.

The last once in a lifetime QB is still in the league!

That's an easy answer. Unfortunately they really are this bad. They are trying their best to win, they just aren't any good at it. Gailey's hard headed sticking with Fitz and Wannstedt will cost him his job. I think Gailey is safe, but Chan will be gone after this season.

Is he going to change his name?

No. I'm sure if they tried loosing on purpose they'd start winning. ha.

this is waht happened when year 1 when they tanked to get Cam Newton.

started 0-8 and then won 3 lousy games and got screwed when Luck stayed in school

could not even tank the season properly