NFL's Players Poll: Most Underrated

Exactly who is "hating" on FredEx? I guess I haven't seen those threads; what I've seen is recognition that CJ has come into his own and in many ways appears poised to snatch the "featured back" role on this team.

By the way, that list is a joke. Half of the guys on there are hardly "underrated" -- they're household names for any NFL fan.

Before this season id say definitely. He excels in every facet and only lacks a blazing top speed ,but so did Thurman Thomas. But this season he seems to have developed a fumbling problem which if not fixed will offset a lot of the good things.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Before this season id say definitely. He excels in every facet and only lacks a blazing top speed ,but so did Thurman Thomas. But this season he seems to have developed a fumbling problem which if not fixed will offset a lot of the good things.

Fred had a bad break with his injury in the first quarter of the first game. Since then, he's was hampered by his ankle brace. Last game he looked more like he used to and was breaking off some good 6-7 yard gainers and falling forward like the Fred of old. Another week removed from the injury this week, I think he'll take another step, possibly be fully recovered. Fact of the matter, though, is he may not be 100% all year as he would likely need ext rest for that.

All that being said, I think CJ certainly has earned the feature back role, and he should be seeing more carries. I don't think FredEx is done though, far from it.

Exactly who is "hating" on FredEx? I guess I haven't seen those threads; what I've seen is recognition that CJ has come into his own and in many ways appears poised to snatch the "featured back" role on this team.

By the way, that list is a joke. Half of the guys on there are hardly "underrated" -- they're household names for any NFL fan.

Here you go, brand new thread. Trade him I say.A 4th is all he is. Imagine the possiblitys of a extra Bills 4th!

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/151583-seriously-when-do-you-think-fred-jackson-gets-traded/

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

The splitting time of the 50-50 between these backs is not helping either of them overall. Well OK it's less for CJ because of his 60 rushes for 453 yards - #10 in the NFL at 7.6 ypa , #1 in the league.

Fred having missed those games is low on the stats charts. He has 44 rushes for 126 yards - an ugly 2.9 ypc

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The splitting time of the 50-50 between these backs is not helping either of the. Well OK it's less fot CJ because of his 60 rushes for 453 yards 7.6 ypc average, #1 in the league. Fred having missed those games is low on the stats charts

Fred has 44 rushes for 126 yards - an ugly 2.9 ypc

Here's some good reading:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/151548-cj-should-be-named-starter/

Two fumbles in two games is suddenly a fumbling problem?

PTR

It's certainly the start of a troubling pattern and bears watching -- particularly for the RB upon whom you rely to go inside and get tough yards.

What a lame list. Maurice Jones-Drew, Andre Johnson, Eli Manning, Matt Forte, Wes Welker, Justin Smith, Haloti Ngata? All these players are considered superstars, how are they possibly underrated? Should they be considered super-duper-pooper stars?

We are very lucky to have two quality running backs and should keep (and use) both of them as our primary offensive weapons. Our passing game is not going to get us to the playoffs, and a good running game ups our offensive time of possession keeping our defense off the field and rested. Further, running backs get hurt (as we know) at various times in the season and having two (or best yet...three) running backs ready is where its at.

Im confused by the others in the top 5. How are perenial pro bowlers who are always talked about as the best at their positions, under rated? I was expecting more Lanch Moores and Navarro Bowmans on the list.

PS: Fletcher is #6, we could still use him on this team!

And WTF is with slideshows these days? They blow.

Our Boy is # 3. (I hope the Hater's out there realize the man is still Hurt!)

And the players opinion is worth way more than mine and yours!

http://sportsillustr.../content.3.html

Go Bills!

Yeah, I linked this in the preseason, but it does a good job of explaining that players' lists can be stupid.

http://www.grantland...00-players-list

Barring some sort of bizarre write-in campaign for Laurence Maroney, the Top 10 will consist of Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Haloti Ngata, Darrelle Revis, Aaron Rodgers, DeMarcus Ware, and Patrick Willis. That's not perfect, but it's a fine top 10.

The problems, though, begin to rumble below that top 10. Start with Matt Ryan, the franchise quarterback of the Atlanta Falcons. A year ago, he was 52nd on the list, and he spent 2011 setting personal records virtually across the board while leading his team to the playoffs. He's not in the Top 100 this year. You know who is? Tim Tebow (95th). Not to suggest that Tebow is without value, but the Broncos just dealt Tebow away for a mid-round draft pick. A good chunk of the league would give up a first-round pick to get Matt Ryan; heck, the Jets might even deal Tim Tebow for him. It might end up being a good omen for Ryan, though. One notable quarterback who missed out behind the likes of Joe Flacco and Donovan McNabb last year: Eli Manning.

In last week's piece on the All-22 film, I noted that the players had placed nearly as many running backs (11) onto last year's list as offensive linemen (13). This year, they took it a step further and named five more running backs (15) to the list than offensive linemen (10). Sure, the likes of Maurice Jones-Drew and LeSean McCoy belong on there. But Willis McGahee? Marshawn Lynch? Michael Turner? Arian Foster makes the list, but none of his linemen are good enough to join him? And that doesn't even count the two fullbacks the players voted onto the list, Vonta Leach and John Kuhn — wait, John Kuhn made this list? The guy who serves as the lead blocker for one of the NFL's worst running games? The one who had 155 yards from scrimmage last year? Maybe the bizarre write-in campaign was for Kuhn.

Even worse, it's not clear that NFL players really have a sound idea of what a good offensive lineman looks like. Last year, they stuck Andre Gurode (57) onto the list, mainly because he'd made the Pro Bowl for five consecutive years on scholarship. The Cowboys cut him during preseason, and he spent the year as a backup with the Ravens. Again, Eli Manning did not make that list. Neither did his best offensive lineman (Chris Snee) or the best lineman in the city (Nick Mangold). This year's list doesn't have anyone quite as bad as Gurode, but Donald Penn's move into the Top 100 was … curious. Again, these are the people who are supposed to know how important line play is and should be capable of making the distinction between fantasy football and real football. And they're in love with running backs.

They also love Devin Hester (48), having confused "exciting" for "really valuable." For all the brilliance Hester can offer as a return guy, he had as many fumbles (five) as touchdowns last year. Among the guys below Hester: Patrick Peterson, Jake Long, Philip Rivers, LaMarr Woodley, Michael Vick … you get the idea. Nobody in his right mind would trade any of those players for Devin Hester, but somehow, Hester ends up in the upper half of these lists.

Pretty hilarious that any underrated list would have 4 RB's in the top 7. In this day&age of fantasy football it's pretty much impossible for a RB to be underrated, even one who plays for a relatively obscure team like Jacksonville.

We are very lucky to have two quality running backs and should keep (and use) both of them as our primary offensive weapons. Our passing game is not going to get us to the playoffs, and a good running game ups our offensive time of possession keeping our defense off the field and rested. Further, running backs get hurt (as we know) at various times in the season and having two (or best yet...three) running backs ready is where its at.

YES> Unfortunately, most here seem to think that every-time we have a strength on our team we must convert that into another weakness! Somehow it seems logical to them. There are many/most positions on a football team that you actually crave depth. Many teams have injuries. And it is even possible for a RB to get injured. I think.

:flirt:

What a lame list. Maurice Jones-Drew, Andre Johnson, Eli Manning, Matt Forte, Wes Welker, Justin Smith, Haloti Ngata? All these players are considered superstars, how are they possibly underrated? Should they be considered super-duper-pooper stars?

Agreed, how are most of these players underrated? Jason Witten is on the list for crying out loud!

Lance Moore, London Fletcher, Navarro Bowman & Fred Jackson all make sense, the rest of this list is a joke.

Edited by Mark Vader

Wait-I get most of my Bills news here. I thought he was old and broken down and we need to get a 4th for him while we still can get anything? And his presence was hampering CJ's development?

Incredible how many on here have turned on him in the short span of a year.

Yea, Fred blows, and is now injury prone. LOL. He still is the Bills offense.He should be 100% after the bye. He will turn in some big games, and then the cry's for league MVP will start by the same who want to trade him today.

Having a player like him at the bargain price he's paid (even after his extension) is a huge plus. Fred has shown during his time in B-Lo that he leads by his play and example. Go Fred!!!

Maybe next year there will be a head coach here that can use both Fred and CJ and build a dominating run game.

It's certainly the start of a troubling pattern and bears watching -- particularly for the RB upon whom you rely to go inside and get tough yards.

Baloney.

Im confused by the others in the top 5. How are perenial pro bowlers who are always talked about as the best at their positions, under rated? I was expecting more Lanch Moores and Navarro Bowmans on the list.

PS: Fletcher is #6, we could still use him on this team!

And WTF is with slideshows these days? They blow.

I think they just tried to find guys that were top 5-10 at their positions but didn't get a lot of sports center coverage. Be it due to a bad team, or being "second tier" on a good team or whatever reason.

Quick: best ravens defensive player?

Ngata might be the best honestly, but reed, Lewis and Suggs will be named first 10 times out of 10, understandably... But as 4th on his own team by fan perception he rarely gets that elite attention. I think he gets treated more like the 4th best player on that D than possibly a top 10 player nationally on either side of the ball.

Quick: best 49er?

How many before smith?

Best d lineman?

How long til smith or ngata come out of your mouth?

Best back? I know we hear a more than a few names ahead of mjd even though he might even be #1

These guys get accolades but few are really thought of in that top tier in media attention. There not names that are at the tip of your tongue even though they play as well or better than the big guys.

This list is a joke. A real underrated list would be (not comprehensively): Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman, Chris Clemons, Daryl Washington, Robert Quinn, Jason Jones, Geno Atkins, Duane Brown, Calais Campbell, Andy Levitre, Derek Cox, just to name a few. Note how many NFC West players there are; it's true that there's an East Coast media bias.

Nobody here agrees that Fred is underrated. He has been his entire career. Nobody says he sucks, just that as a RB coming off a major leg injury and being in the wrong side of 30 can start becoming a problem. It's a fact that he's had 2 injuries that have kept him out of games in less than a year. It's true that he's over 30 years old. It's true that he has fumbled more in his short time this season than we can remember. It is true that CJ is leading the league in YPC at over 7. That's an astronomical number and shouldn't be ignored. I get the whole argument that he can't be a full time 20+ carries back but until we try we will never know. What happens if hebcan be that guy and he's still getting 5+ YPC? I get the argument that Fred is not as worn as most backs at 30+. Somewhere I heard a good quote "it's not the amount of miles on the car, it's how they were put on" really sticks to me. Freds miles haven't been many, but man have they been hard. in the end, he is underrated. He's a great back. I still want him here, but I still want CJ to be the features back with Fred getting less carries in more serious situations like goal line maybe, or 3rd downs. That's all.