Jon Gruden

Jay Gruden

Brian Billick

Rex Ryan

Rob Ryan

Jim Tressel

Marty Schottenheimer

Tony Dungy

I did not include "the chin" because I don't see any possibility of him coming to Buffalo. He will be in Dallas next year.

Please add your nominee...

I will go on the record and say it will be Jay Gruden. His dad will not be lured away from TV and Cincinnati may be one of the few worse franchises to work for in the NFL.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan Gailey for sure. He has 3 built in excuses:

1) Nix agreed with and approved Stache.

2) Nix agreed that Fitz was worth the big contract and was "the man". That alone should get them both fired in my opinion, but I digress.

3) Nix did almost nothing this offseason to bolster the offense.

Nix can't fire Gailey without looking inept himself, therefore Gailey stays and Stache becomes the sacrificial lamb if the season continues on it's current path.

i said it then and i'll say it again: i actually think Edwards did a solid job as an interim coach considering the stinking pile of dog doodoo he inherited.

i'd rather go with an aggressive, young coach who really hasn't made a name for himself yet as opposed to some old has been. this team needs a fire under their butts.

im guessing someone who isnt even on the radar. like cha n gailey was.i do think that IF chan is let go that there would be some upside to taking over this team. there is a lot of talent on this team and they would inherit one of the more talented bills teams in the last 8 years. maybe would hinge on if they were allowed to trade up to get a QB they wanted in the draft if the bills were not already picking high enough for one.

Rob Ryan - he will love it b/c he gets the head coaching gig, and gets to coach against his brother in same division

we will love it because we get a coach with a personality and an edge that we havent had in a long time

I just think Gailey has bit off more than he can chew as a head coach in the NFL, routinely makes poor decisions and the team often seems out-schemed and out-game planned

Rob Ryan - he will love it b/c he gets the head coaching gig, and gets to coach against his brother in same division

we will love it because we get a coach with a personality and an edge that we havent had in a long time

I just think Gailey has bit off more than he can chew as a head coach in the NFL, routinely makes poor decisions and the team often seems out-schemed and out-game planned

i'm not completely giving up on Gailey yet..we'll see how the season goes.

but, i like your idea about rob ryan. i think he may be too much of a personality for ralphy...might give the old man a heart attack.

Unless the Bills completely tank and go anywhere from 2-14 to 6-10, OR something happens (you know what it is) and new Ownership is in place, the HC next year will be Gailey...Like it, or don't like it...Learn to love it... :cry:

yupppppppppppppppp

Hire Bill Polian as a consultant to bring in a real coach and GM. Chan is an O Cordinator and pretty decent one. He has run the best offense we have seen in years. Our QB is garbage though and will ultimately drag Chan down and out of a job...and Defense has issues but there are some bright spots. We are a more attractive team to coach now than when Chan was hired...Someone solid would love the job. We just need a QB, Coaching Staff and linebackers....

It will be Chan Gailey. Ralph is too old to restart with a new regime. Plus, the team will finish about 8-8 (improved from last year) and finish the season better than we started since our schedule is weak on the back end. Like it or not, Chan will be here.

Was he too young and brash in the 1990's to keep Polian????

Nix has said publically this team has the talent to win. If they do not and barring some catastophic injury situation that can be used as an excuse, then the coaches must be changed or he loses his job. When they are eliminated from the playoffs and if RW is still alive, he will have to have some plan for the off-season.

I wish we could bring in a bright defensive coach and keep Chan as OC. I wonder if he would go for that? The only condition would be that we tell Chan, "hey buddy, Fitz isn't as good as you think he is. You have a huge ftreaking blind spot here. We're cutting his a** and bringing in a real prospect. Now go run the "O"! haha.

I think I saw some people saying, "bring in a defensive guy" which I just did but I put a qualifier in there. If we don't retain the offense then it will likely tank under the new defensive head coach. The pendulum will just swing back to the freaking Jauron era.

I want Wade back! He would come I bet despite tensions with Ralph!

Unless the season really crash lands, it'll be Gailey.

Whether we as fans like it or not, the team has shown incremental improvement. Four wins the first year, six the second year.

And we're at 2-2 this year regardless of how ugly the losses have been. We are far from the apocalypse at this point.

FWIW, I don't think Ralph has been calling the shots for the franchise since the end of last season.

The emotional swings on this board are too much. This really should not even be an issue until the end of the season.

If I had to make a decision today, I would keep the same team in place.

One of the reasons we have had a lost decade (and have not hired some of the "big name" coaches people mention) is lack of continuity -- we always seem to be starting over every few years.

Buddy has added talent to the team and Chan has shown to be a capable coach. The Pats and the Jets kicked our asses. No question. The Pats have done that to a lot of teams. The Jets game got out of control. I fully expect us to play much better against the Jets next time.

The Pats will continue to have our number until our defensive line plays better. Buddy and the Bills spent a truck load of money on M. Williams and Anderson. No one was complaining when we did that. It is now time for those players to play up to their $$$$. I am anxious to look at the coaches film to see just how much either was double teamed or chipped. It did seem as though most of the 200+ rushing was up the middle also. I want to look at that as well.

I am not ready to "throw dirt" on Buddy or Chan yet.

Just my two cents.

Only a change in ownership (and maybe location) will right the wrongs of this franchise. We LIKE Chan because he speaks plainly. But he hires convenient DCs because he just happened to have the guys' number. We LIKE Buddy because he speaks plainly, but have no QB in the pipeline and at least a half a dozen shoulda picks instead of Aaron Williams, Troupe, Carrington, and the and the bushel full of PYLONS we call the Buffalo Bills. Our FA's are further turning the Bills into a punchline.

I love the guys, but doubt their vision. Who cares who coaches this team. No QB. Not a pro LB on the roster and question marks everywhere. Who cares??

Would love to see Schottenheimer as the Bills HC.

me too :thumbsup: NWIH does a shotty defense play as bad as the Bills have against the Jets and Patriots

I can only hope Ralph Wilson wakes up at some point during the next 5 games, and after the Bills winning only one of those he makes a change at HC & DC.

Might as well scrub the season and go all out for that #1 overall. Whats the point of another 5-11 / 6-10 season

i said it then and i'll say it again: i actually think Edwards did a solid job as an interim coach considering the stinking pile of dog doodoo he inherited.

i'd rather go with an aggressive, young coach who really hasn't made a name for himself yet as opposed to some old has been. this team needs a fire under their butts.

What's Mike Mularkey up to these days?

Gailey's been the best coach we've had in a long time. He is staying for a long time.

Exactly. People complain about things and they seem to forget the 7, 6 and 9 point offense crapfests we had under Jauron.

The defense and turnovers on offense were the problem yesterday. Offensive scheming was WAY, WAY down on the list.