Who will be HC next year?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question perhaps should be who the GM will be. If Williams doesn't pan out and Ralph wonders why his GM convinced him to spend all that money, Ralph may desire a new GM moreso than a new head coach.

I think Nix has done a better job than Gailey (although he hired Gailey) but I'll agree that the Mario Williams signing will define Nix's tenure in Buffalo… and it's not looking good so far.

It's a shame because while all GMs have a few misfires, I think Nix has done a pretty solid job overall.

Ya know BB you might have something here. Fangio steps in and that 49ers D goes #2 defense last year, and #4 so far this year

Dunno if he knows who to hire for his OC but looking at his record he should be one of the hottest HCing candidates next year

Well as long as we play Harball on offense I'm all in. First noticed Vic as DC for Stanford and his Blitz schemes were very creative and effective. If He can make those Stanford brainiacs superstars, just think what he'll do for us.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I think Nix has done a better job than Gailey (although he hired Gailey) but I'll agree that the Mario Williams signing will define Nix's tenure in Buffalo… and it's not looking good so far.

It's a shame because while all GMs have a few misfires, I think Nix has done a pretty solid job overall.

minus our horrible QB situation since he's been here.

jerry glanville or june jones will be the next head coach.

Hank Bullough is available and is only 78 years old. Kay Stephenson is available, but is a bit young at a mere 67.

:lol:

Though I should be crying, cause this could be closer to the truth than any other speculation...

I agree with you, SJBF... I like a majority of the draft/FA personnel Nix has brought in... I was never sold on Gailey, though I like his offensive schemes... If he'd just run the damn ball when he needs to, which he tends to do at times and other times when its obvious, he doesn't. Probably should've been our OC...

Why this team will not hire a young up and coming assistant or coordinator is beyond me... I know that didn't seem to work for Donahoe, but to me that's the best shot Buffalo has at getting a great coach. Guys like Cowher and Shanahan refused to come in, even after weeks of courting them. I agree with several others that Gailey likely gets one more year.

What's more puzzling to me is why Nix has not drafted or signed a legitimate contender for QB... That could save everyone's job. Doesn't have to be a 1st round top 10 guy (though that would be nice), but they won't even draft a kid in the 3rd or 4th that could compete or at least turn into a solid backup... Amazing...

Bruce Coslett. If he says no (and he will) go after Rich Kotite. They should also put out feelers to Ray Handley. I'm sure the Maras always regretted letting him get away.

Great Job !

I hope "something" happens and the Bills get moved to LA. I would be a LA Bills fan. I think we should get Greg Williams back, he seems to be a good defensive motivator

Abs-o

LUTELY !!

Sadly, nothing will change in Buffalo until we have serious ownership changes.

1.) If the Bills stay in Buffalo, and that is a HUGE if, there will be hope.

2.) The 2nd huge if will be if Jim Kelly can actually put together a ownership group to buy the team. If he can bring in the investors and be the front man, there is a bright future ahead for the Bills fan.

A quality front office team of entirely new people who are actually committed to a winning team and who care about winning and about pride, as well as making lots of money, could take the current talent and build an exciting team.

The top coaches and FA would actually consider joining the team under those circumstances. Otherwise we will continue to endure bottom of the barrel coaches, continue to sign only greedy take the money and laugh at the fans FA who don't have any pride or fire, just greed and continue dumpster diving for castoffs from other teams.

Mario's deal is essentially a 3 year $50 million dollar deal. after that he could be cut if underperforming. that signing was critical in changing the "culture" of this team. next up is a franchise QB

Let's cut our losses and get Haslett, a guy who bleeds Buffalo, red white and blue, and can at the very least add some credibility. Chan is clueless and even worse he is guilty of hiring a guy in Wanny that he owes a favor. That alone is reason for firing him. Ralph do the right thing for once before you meet your maker.

Let's cut our losses and get a guy who bleeds Buffalo, red white and blue, and can at the very least add some credibility. Chan is clueless and even worse he is guilty of hiring a guy in Wanny that he owes a favor. That alone is reason for firing him. Ralph do the right thing for once before you meet your maker.

The Skins have been weak on D this year.

Since I already brought up Nolan for HC, I thought I would switch gears and go offensive. What Roman (San Fran OC) did to us today unbelievable but more than just us being bad Roman knows how use his players strength and Even gives his Team's defense fits. On top of that he believes in hard-nosed run the ball down your throat offense which is what are team should be doing with the talent we have. Can't beat em join em, or rather join us.

"

The 49ers’ endless array of personnel packages and balanced first-half play-calling – they had 15 passes and 12 runs – kept the Bills guessing. Right guard Alex Boone said he’s seen the 49ers’ own defense similarly flummoxed in practice.

“Roman is an evil genius and I love the things he calls up,” Boone said. “… We talk to our defense and they’re like ‘We don’t know if we’re getting ‘Wham,’ we don’t know if we’re getting ‘Crack.’ Guys are going everywhere and that’s a big part of this offense – deception.”

In the afterglow, however, Roman didn’t sound like a man who planned to soak it all in. The Giants will visit Candlestick Park on Sunday, meaning it was nearing time to get back to the grind.

“Sleep,” Roman said, “is something we’re going to try to focus on in the offseason.”

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/10/07/evil-genius-helps-49ers-dial-up-historic-performance/

A guy like that will likely wait until he collects a Super Bowl victory before he rushes to the bottom of the league to become a head coach.

That will be this year.

Yea, I could see him leaving the Bay area to go coach the worst franchise in sports. XL career move!

Most coordinators will go anywhere to be a head coach.

Most coordinators will go anywhere to be a head coach.

I thought the same, until the Bills were rebuffed-- twice-- by coordinators in 2010.

I also thought that head coaches wouldn't quit when they had the support of the ownership and management...until the Bills were rebuffed by Mike Mularkey in 2006.

It's been an education, being a Bills fan.