Who will be HC next year?

Ha! Dream on! We ran Fewell out of town because he had the "stink of Jauron" on him. We had our chance.

PTR

Maybe the "sweet smell of Tom Coughlin" has by now overtaken the "stink of Jauron"?

Not advocating it one way or another, but I do remember how much more energy the team showed when Fewell took over. Also remember, as at least one poster here pointed out, some of you all bitchin' about Fewell's D. In addition, I thought yesterday's team didn't show as much energy as the Colts did. Disappointing.

But isn't this moot? Barring an epic collapse, hasn't Nix already said Gailey was in one more year?

And.. are we just being fickle here? Two weeks ago all of us--myself included--wanted Wanny's head on a pole. Now, the D is playing with fire, and the offense sucks. Now, few are talking about firing Wanny and nearly everyone is talking about firing Gailey.

If this offense hits all cylinders for the remaining games do we still call for Gailey's head? What about the D? If it continues its hot streak, do we forgive Wanny for the epically bad D the first half of the year? Do we look at Gailey's horrible record with the Bills, or his potential?

Bottom line, my call is both of these guys do just enough to save their jobs, and that enough of us will be duped into the potential part. Ownership doesn't seem to have a handle on how to run anything.

Year Four of the Rebuild is upon us. I don't see any major changes coming, other than a QB in the draft, who will probably need a year of mentoring anyway.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Fewell but he is severely overrated. The Giants went 9-7 mainly because their defense was awful for most of the season. His defenses weren't anythign special here. Fewell is like an ex-girlfriend you broke up with because you won't attracted to her anymore. However, now you're lonely and she looks really good again.

Put me on the coach committee. I will get someone to come here. Champagne at the Canadian Ballet while we look at QB prospects.

Buddy has done a good job getting players here. I think he should stay, but shitcan Gailey. Wanstead just makes no sense with his play calling. Its the first time I have seen the Bills not try to fix a broken system. Hell if its broke, dont do anything. Maybe itll turn into a starfish and grow an arm. Dumb, What about Bobby April? that guy can coach.

Bottom line, my call is both of these guys do just enough to save their jobs, and that enough of us will be duped into the potential part. Ownership doesn't seem to have a handle on how to run anything.

Year Four of the Rebuild is upon us. I don't see any major changes coming, other than a QB in the draft, who will probably need a year of mentoring anyway.

I do acknowledge the very real possibility that Chan returns. But I also think that we are about to see, as Bruce Smith might say, some "bad, bad things" down the stretch here ... things that might make Russ's job of selling seats for 2013 very difficult.

Slightly off-topic, but I have remarkably parallel feelings about the HC's in Buffalo at the moment ...

Bringing Chan back in 2013 is akin to extending Jeff Quinn for more years at the end of a 3-game winning streak, the only of its kind in three years. And I say that as a UB alum and former Bull who hopes I am wrong.

Why all the love for Fewell? Why don't we bring back Gilbride as well then? Fewell presided over some of the worst defenses in Bills history. While I put the blame for that squarely on the lack of talent he had at his disposal, I don't think he can perform miracles with what's currently in place at 1 Bills Drive. This team STILL lacks talent in a big way and I don't see Fewell getting any more out of it. Is he suddenly gonna transform our LBs into NFL caliber starters? Is he gonna make good players out of A Williams or Rogers at the #2 CB position? Is he gonna magically transform George Wilson into a SS who really isn't just a converted wide receiver playing the position? Oh, I know, he's gonna scheme his way to a better defense. Schemes don't mean diddly in the absence of talented players and the Bills are five players short on that side of the ball.

GO BILLS!!!

Good points, Perry Fewell has worked with Coughlin for years now and has seen first hand how a good HC works. Maybe he is ready to be a HC.

Honestly, I liked Fewell when he took over. At least he was into the games and showing life on the sidelines.