Who will be HC next year?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes the most sense to me....Which means nothing with this Organization I'll admit...Chance are though that The Bills sleepwalk, keep Gaily, and Fewell gets a HC Job elsewhere...That would be more probable based on everything I see from this sordid bunch... B-)

That does make sense to me. No more major rebuilding (as far as players go). Keep the same 4-3 scheme, just keep plugging in the right pieces and upgrading the weaker links. We are getting closer on the OL. We have great RBs. We need upgrades at WR after our #1, but that could be addressed in FA or the draft.The defensive line has the talent, it just needs better coaching and more upgrading. LBs are definitely an issue, as is QB. But as a whole talent wise, we are moving in the right direction. Whoever comes in must not completely change direction, just have the ability to make the best use of the talent we have. That is the major fail of our GM and coaching staff, the ability to recognize what they have and to ADAPT to the talent and skills of the existing personnel and during the flow of the game. Rigidity and the resistance to abandoning or modifying a stale or losing strategy is the curse of our current coaching staff top to bottom.

Edited by simpleman

Are you F'ing nuts?

Jack Del Rio out of our league??? Who wants that dude?

Mike Tice ... he's a friggin TOOL and ineffective at HC.

No thanks to both.

Both are in same league as Chan ... average at best.

LOL some guys are too tightly wound and fail to see the sarcasm. Maybe a smiley face would help for the simpletons.

But even though it was sarcastic it wasn't too far from the truth. You can dream all day long of a big time head coach with accomplishments in the league coming here. Barring a miracle it's not going to happen. When was the last time the Bills landed a coach like that...Chuck Knox?

When the Bills pick a HC it's from the scrap heap of wannabes and neverwases. Gailey, Jauron, Mularkey, just recently but you should get the point by now. I just picked Tice out of a hat but it could be any failure from the last 20 years. Mike Sherman, Marty Mornhinweg, Steve Spagnuolo, anyone of these is more likely than the names being tossed around here.

But hey, keep dreaming your dream, whatever gets you through the night.

An open letter to Buddy/Russ/whoever the hell is truly running this sh*tshow:

On behalf of WNY mental health professionals and Bills fans everywhere, please dispose of Chan as expeditiously as possible. It's OK, you can wait until after the holidays, with the hopes that this season will truly fizzle out and secure us a better drafting situation for April 2013, whereby you will surely address the QB situation as promised.

But all I really want for Christmas is for you to do the right thing and hire a legitimate, non-retread head coach that can make the current Bills competitive week-in and week-out. You can make an exception to this 'non-retread' caveat if, and only if, you can bring in Marty Schottenheimer, but he'd probably cost you some significant coinage that you have already demonstrated you will not part with to fill the position.

Our Bills need a head coach who can get the most out of the talent we have, and low and behold, our cupboard is not exactly bare. We have a potential NFL rushing champion plus a savvy veteran change-of-pace team captain at RB, quite a nice group developing on our OL, enough talent at WR & TE, depth if nothing else on the D-line, and All-Pro talents at FS and CB1. Beyond uniform #'s 50 & 53, our LBs are scrap-heap at best > if left at the curb, no one would even take them away. And 55 is the worst MLB to start for the Bills in a long while, possibly ever.

The big name head coaches will cost big money and may not even want the job under Ralph C., so spare us the psychological damage that we Buffalonians would surely inflict upon ourselves. I have the guy we need in mind, and the best part is, you guys in the front office already know him quite well .... and I don't think he would blow up your budget either.

This man is fiery, passionate, and has honed his demonstrated leadership skills under a Hall of Fame coach for the past three seasons; he even has a Super Bowl ring to show for his efforts. He also did a fine job as your interim "anti-Jauron" head coach back in the fall of 2009, infusing the lifeless 'T.O.' Bills with some competitiveness after Dick was sent thataway.

Buddy, we know you could not have kept Perry Fewell on board from his interim tag and truly established yourself as a legit NFL GM and/or kept any season ticketholders interested at the time, but things have not gone as you had planned. And no, you Chan't bring your guy back after three seasons of worse-than-Dick results and no baby - this is, after all, a production business.

It's unlikely that he'd Heisman stiff-arm our advances, but with the way the NY Giants defense looked against the Pack last night, I suggest you secure some reservations at Tempo for New Years Day or so, and make your best Mario Williams-style pitch - by that I mean you'd better bid high for him.

I do believe Mr. Fewell would jump at the chance to take command of this Bills team, and he would make it more competitive from Day One. He could potentially have a Mike Tomlin/Jim Harbaugh-esque effect on the current roster and franchise. And Bills fans would probably buy-in by training camp, since Perry has already done what we need him to do right here in Buffalo (with far less talent on hand).

Awesome post. I was an advocate for hiring Perry Fewell after his interim duties and I still wish he were our head coach today. This post should be pinned at some point if the feeling becomes overwhelming to bring him back. There is not a better fit out there and we'd be lucky to get him to say yes considering he wasn't the one hired in the first place.

Now, I liked the energy that Fewell braught to the HC position, and would have preferred to any of the realistic alternatives at the time...but how quickly people forget how much Bills fans hated Fewell as the DC.

Honestly, I think the Bills ship with Fewell has sailed. If the Giants make any kind of a run in the playoffs this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Fewell gets feelers from a few other teams...

Do we really think Fewell will risk coming here? He will likely get his shot with other teams whether this offseason or next. I would wait if I were him. He likely knows how incompetant this Organization is and wouldn't even interview.

I'm telling you, Tom Cable is the only SOB that is crazy enough to take this stupid job. He just happens to be the right man for the job too.

Do we really think Fewell will risk coming here? He will likely get his shot with other teams whether this offseason or next. I would wait if I were him. He likely knows how incompetant this Organization is and wouldn't even interview.

I'm telling you, Tom Cable is the only SOB that is crazy enough to take this stupid job. He just happens to be the right man for the job too.

God only knows what the Bills will look like next season...but Cable is somewhat intriguing...if we are going the re-tread rout, which I assume we will be. The biggest negative on him (as far as the Bills go) is that he is, perhaps, a little too firey for Mr Wilsons' tastes. Assuming Mr Wilson still has input in these areas, he seems to prefer "gentlemen" types.

Honestly, without starting another thread, does anyone really think there is any chance that Nix returns, and fires Gailey?

Edited by Buftex

Ha! Dream on! We ran Fewell out of town because he had the "stink of Jauron" on him. We had our chance.

PTR

I recall, many were very open in their disdain for Fewells' defensive schemes, and were in favor of jettisoning him, long before DJ got the hook... I always wondered how much of it was him, DJ, or the talent on hand... from what Fewell has done in NY, it appears that talent is a mitigatin factor in the success of coaches!

Now, I liked the energy that Fewell braught to the HC position, and would have preferred to any of the realistic alternatives at the time...but how quickly people forget how much Bills fans hated Fewell as the DC.

Honestly, I think the Bills ship with Fewell has sailed. If the Giants make any kind of a run in the playoffs this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Fewell gets feelers from a few other teams...

He is gonna seriously consider taking any HC job offered to him. The Giants D preformed well in the playoffs last year but its been hit or miss both years during the regular season (I think mostly due to their heavy dependence on their D-line to cover for the lack of talent on their D in other areas). Fewell would be a good fit with the personnel we have (D-Line and Secondary have talent) and is familiar with the situation he is going into. Chan has to get the boot after this season and the whole defensive staff too.

I am not gonna say Fewell would be the guy I would want but I wouldn't be opposed to hiring him. Considering we don't get the best former HC's I think its best we go the coordinator route and try to strike gold on a guy who is up and coming as opposed to coaches who have had mild success elsewhere and flamed out with good cause.

Ha! Dream on! We ran Fewell out of town because he had the "stink of Jauron" on him. We had our chance.

PTR

To be fair, as I recall, he had zero HC experience before getting the interim moniker, and that really pissed Bobby April off or whatever.

But it's hard for me to believe that if an NFL team offers you the chance to become the head guy, you turn it down because they didn't originally hire you as a greenhorn. Would a writer turn down a gig at Sports Illustrated because they didn't hire said writer right out of college?

The issue will more likely be that other teams want to talk to him as well, so in that sense we may end up finishing third fiddle.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp