Who will be HC next year?

Good morning TBD, I'd like to play a game with ya'll. As you all know I've been a huge fan of Gailey since he's been hired but with the way the Bills have been playing this season, I don't think he's going to survive this offseason. (Not saying he should either.) ANd it's never to soon to start thinking about the future of the Buffalo Bills. So I figured i'd start a thread where we could debate who we think the next bills headcoach should be, in our opinions. Myself personally I'd like to see the Bills hire Marc Trestman. What do you all think yay, or nay, and if not Trestman who?

Marc Trestman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those guys would be good too, but singletary would wear thin on today's players

You are right about Singletary, but Davis points to his tough style as what turned him around. You need both, a guy that can coach and also command respect from his players. Gailey is NOT respected by his players.

Yea, I could see him leaving the Bay area to go coach the worst franchise in sports. XL career move!

Way to over exagerate just a touch........

But your right, he is better off waiting for a SB winning team to need a replacement HC to get his chance

People do realise that HC jobs very rarley open up on good teams, usually they open up because the team is bad and fired their coach, right?

As for Singletary, you need balance between being able to coach and work with players, and to command respect, Singletary does not appear to have that balance......

We can't get anybody during the season as far as DC goes, so we have someone from the staff fill in which probably wont help right now.

The OP is at least right about dumping Chan (and Wannie too). I'd suggest bring in Mike Singletary to finish out the season so he could at least ride these overpaid players behinds like he did in SF a few years back. He at least turned the Niners in the right direction for that year, and given the direction this team is headed and the lack of heart, a coach who will call them out on the sidelines and throw their butts into the locker room for dumb play might be what these under-performing millionaires need.

The OP is at least right about dumping Chan (and Wannie too). I'd suggest bring in Mike Singletary to finish out the season so he could at least ride these overpaid players behinds like he did in SF a few years back. He at least turned the Niners in the right direction for that year, and given the direction this team is headed and the lack of heart, a coach who will call them out on the sidelines and throw their butts into the locker room for dumb play might be what these under-performing millionaires need.

So not just a 34 coach but one from outside the team, midseason is your answer?

A lot of those players in SF weren't buying what singletary was selling Vernon Davis excluded. That's 1 of the reasons why he got canned. Just sayin....

A lot of those players in SF weren't buying what singletary was selling Vernon Davis excluded. That's 1 of the reasons why he got canned. Just sayin....

I wonder how many of them are still around. I do remember the Niners play improved, although not to playoff level.

So not just a 34 coach but one from outside the team, midseason is your answer?

Isn't that what Polian did in '86 after he canned Hank Bullough?

Barring a miracle, Chan won't be back. I know Ralph's age and the uncertainty of the future of the franchise complicates things, but the job will probably be a lot more attractive than it was three years ago. A new coach would start with a lot of talent including a young strong O-line and a dynamic RB, and likely a high pick to get his franchise QB. It's not a bad gig.

So who would you guys want?

Would you rather go with a veteran HC w/ credentials (supposing they'd sign) like Gruden or Cowher, an up and coming coordinator, a college coach, a retread who didn't get a fair shake, or is there a coach you think might get fired at the end of the year you'd like to scoop up?