Who will be HC next year?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter who the HC is or the GM. It would just be more of the same. I was at a Bills, Dolphins game in Miami during the Malarkey malarkey, the Bills blew a substantial lead. Walking out of the stadium I said to my nephew, another long suffering Bills fan, that nothing will change until there is a change of ownership.

This is not a "Ralph is cheap" rant or am I wishing Mr. Wilson any ill will. I met him a few years ago he is a nice man loves to talk to Bills fans, his face lights up when talking about the team. However the fact is this has never been a good organization. The championships of the 1960s were followed by incredible ineptitude starting with the infamous Lamonica trade. Bad GMs, bad coaches, bad drafts bad players. Although Chuck Knox brought some respectability, what did he ever win.

It took a quarter of a century for the Bills to be relevant again.That great team on the early nineties was just that great. Prior to that team no one considered the Bills to be a good organization or Ralph to be a good owner. Eventually even a bad organization has to get something right.

I hope that a change of ownership doesn't mean the team moves, because I firmly believe that in will be more of the same until there is a change.

Gailey's been the best coach we've had in a long time. He is staying for a long time.

Pass the crack pipe willyas... :lol:

12-24 sucks IMO. The ONLY thing Gailey has been able to do is get a backup QB to post some good numbers, and get the RB's to break some long runs from a spread passing formation. Gaileys defenses suck worse then anything Jauron fielded, and he has more talent. Plus jauron managed to win more games with Trent Edwards / JP Losman at QB along with total morons at OC. Jauron was better, his W/L record says so.

The two wins this year came against an 0-4 Cleveland / 1-3 Chiefs teams. The Bills were literally smoked by 2 division rivals. 580 yards given up to the Patriots offense, 2 100 yard rushers, 2 100 yard receivers :bag:

Did anyone (other than George Edwards) complain about hiring the Stache as DC at the time? It seemed like a good get and still may be.

As for a franchise QB, I am not sure who I would have picked at the time the Bills picked. Certainly, the "franchise" guys like Andrew Luck and RG III were long gone. I was and still am glad the Bills did not have the opportunity to pick Cam Newton. I also was very happy they did not pick Clausen (I recall people on this board going into convulsions when we did not pick him -- twice).

I think that the Bills really liked Christian Ponder and were prepared to pick him in the second round (or trade up into the first round) and were as surpised as anyone else that he was picked so early by the Vikings.

In the 2010 draft, the only QB chosen in the first round after our pick was Tim Tebow. I would rather have CJ.

In the 2011 draft, the only QBs chosen in the first round after our pick were Locker (at 8), Gabbert 9 (at 10), and Ponder (at 12). I would rather have Dareus than Locker and Gabbert to this day and Ponder (certainly at the time and even today). As I mentioned above, I think that the Bills were hoping to get Ponder later.

In the 2012 draft, the only QB chosen in the first round after our pick was Weeden at 22. Although I think he is decent, I hardly think he is a franchise QB or deserved to be taken where we picked Gilmore.

I do not think that Fitz is a "franchise" QB. He certainly has his limitations. Nevertheless, given where we picked and the players we got in the first rounds these past three years, I would rather have the players we chose and Fitz rather than the question marks at QB that were taken after us in the first round.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter

Vic Fangio

is an American football coach. He is the current defensive coordinator of the San Francisco 49ers. Prior to being named the 49ers Defensive Coordinator, Fangio was defensive coordinator for the Stanford Cardinal, linebackers coach for the Baltimore Ravens and defensive coordinator for the Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, and Carolina Panthers.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Fangio

Bring me Jon Gruden, Brian Billick, or one of the Ryan brothers from that list. I hate to say it, but I'm sick of Gailey's act.

OK, Gruden or Billick I can see, but any of the Ryan brothers? No thank you. Rob Ryan hasn't even coached a Top 5 defense and you would want him as HC? No thanks on Rex either, not that either would be available.

How about Eric Mangini as DC? I'm already over Wannstadt ... been a failure since he left Dallas decades ago.

How to spot a bad coach:

If you turn on ESPN and he's one of the regular panelists, you've just completed step one.

Step 2:

Tun on the NFL Network, if you spot one there, you've nearly completed our test.

Step 3:

Log onto TSW, and check and see if there are any posters touting an ex-coach with a television gig. If yes, ignore everything they say, and toss all their nominees on the "bad coach" pile.