Brian Moorman a Dallas Cowboy

JoeF

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe that's the reason for the timing of his release.

If they were going to let him go anyway, maybe some conversation was going on behind closed doors and or some long distance phone calls to Texas?

Good Luck Brian! and Kick the S;;T out of it down there !!

Great guy and player.

Lets hope him mentoring Powell a bit pays of.

If they were going to let him go anyway, maybe some conversation was going on behind closed doors and or some long distance phone calls to Texas?

Great guy and player.

say what?

Unless we meet in the Super Bowl, it will be a few years before we see him again. Wonder if he'll still be around?

honest answer - probably not.

and if we do, it would likely be another team. hes entering that end phase of his career where he will getting replaced by younger guys whenever possible.

So he gets this years remaining salary from Buffalo, plus whatever he hooks Jerry for? I have a feeling I'm misunderstanding something.

His salary from the bills became guaranteed after week one. He'll also get whatever the cowboys pay him. Part of new CBA.

Edited by prenzoni

At the MNF game, Moorman told one of my idiot Cowboy friends wearing a ROMO jersey "to get the hell out of my tailgate." I guess he can tailgate with us again....

We are the dudes with the Coffin Corner Tailgate Extravaganza. He came to our tailgate every week for years firing us up. He never let the Bills down. I can't say the same for Dehaven and the front office. Oh well, Go Bills! God Bless the Moormans!

The Raiders stole his leg last year and we just replaced it.....

post-11534-0-53273300-1348697721_thumb.jpg

Edited by Butch Rolle 4 President

It is good for Brian. He works too hard for him not to be employed. I think this has a lot to do with him being told to kick short making his stats look bad not strength of leg.

He was told to kick short and then was released for short kicks? Those devious bastards! Hope he doens't read this thread---best that he doesn't know....

There goes the theory about his wife. We really did just release him for performance

The one where she thought his release was premature?

Great guy and player.

You should always assume a conspiracy. Makes life much more interesting

Sorry if this was posted already today since I haven't been lurking too much, but this is what Sully reported in his blog today at the Buffalo News:

"After making the rounds on the weekly media day at One Bills Drive, here's my best answer on why the Bills decided to cut veteran Brian Moorman:

Bruce DeHaven, the special teams coach, wanted Moorman to kick more directional punts, instead of the long, booming punts for which Moorman was well-known. Moorman resisted. He and DeHaven had never been on the same page since DeHaven returned to Buffalo two years ago. One person close to the situation described the relationship as "oil and water."'

Philisophical differences, as they say...

Edited by drhockey

I have a feeling he's going to make the pro bowl. In fact, let me go on record for that prediction.

No more DeHaven telling him to kick everything out of bounds. Maybe the Cowboys actually cover punts?

I'd be willing to wager on that. As much as I like him no way he is pro bowler anymore. I think he has been way too sporadic over the last few years and is actually declining in skill. That is not DeHavens fault.

Sorry if this was posted already today since I haven't been lurking too much, but this is what Sully reported in his blog today at the Buffalo News:

"After making the rounds on the weekly media day at One Bills Drive, here's my best answer on why the Bills decided to cut veteran Brian Moorman:

Bruce DeHaven, the special teams coach, wanted Moorman to kick more directional punts, instead of the long, booming punts for which Moorman was well-known. Moorman resisted. He and DeHaven had never been on the same page since DeHaven returned to Buffalo two years ago. One person close to the situation described the relationship as "oil and water."'

Well, that directional punting thing, hasn't worked so well... I'm not a DeHaven fan... Good Luck with long booming punts in that dome, Brian..

You should always assume a conspiracy. Makes life much more interesting

well i am trying one on for size. First time caller. been listening for years.

I still think this is tied to the equipment manager. That much is obvious.

At the MNF game, Moorman told one of my idiot Cowboy friends wearing a ROMO jersey "to get the hell out of my tailgate." I guess he can tailgate with us again....

We are the dudes with the Coffin Corner Tailgate Extravaganza. He came to our tailgate every week for years firing us up. He never let the Bills down. I can't say the same for Dehaven and the front office. Oh well, Go Bills! God Bless the Moormans!

The Raiders stole his leg last year and we just replaced it.....

Nice post thanks. I think we all wish the Moormans well, unless he kicks against us of course :thumbsup:

Another great personnel move by Nix & co. in my opinion. Now that Moorman has hooked up with another team, Buffalo is off-the-hook for his salary, too. Sure, you hate to see a fixture like that dismissed, but the Buffalo Bills are first and foremost about putting a winning product on the field and that means having the courage to take out guys who are not producing. It's a business before all else. All the community service Moorman and other players take part in is all well and good, but the bottom line is on-the-field production and nothing else. If Nix didn't think this move would improve the team, he wouldn't have made it. A good punter plays a vital role in the game of field position and Moorman wasn't leaving the defense in the best of field positions. I really like the way Nix makes decisions -- always in the best interest of WINNING which is all that matters in the end. Good luck Moorman with you new team. Go Bills!

Another great personnel move by Nix & co. in my opinion. Now that Moorman has hooked up with another team, Buffalo is off-the-hook for his salary, too. Sure, you hate to see a fixture like that dismissed, but the Buffalo Bills are first and foremost about putting a winning product on the field and that means having the courage to take out guys who are not producing. It's a business before all else. All the community service Moorman and other players take part in is all well and good, but the bottom line is on-the-field production and nothing else. If Nix didn't think this move would improve the team, he wouldn't have made it. A good punter plays a vital role in the game of field position and Moorman wasn't leaving the defense in the best of field positions. I really like the way Nix makes decisions -- always in the best interest of WINNING which is all that matters in the end. Good luck Moorman with you new team. Go Bills!

Buffalo has to pay all of Moorman's 2012 season salary though even if he signs with another team

Hmmm wonder if Moorman broke Dehavens orders to kick that deep one Cribbs got a huge return on?

Really looked out of synch with the rest of the ST gameplan.

That might make this story make sense.

Another great personnel move by Nix & co. in my opinion. Now that Moorman has hooked up with another team, Buffalo is off-the-hook for his salary, too.

Financially, this works out well for Moorman: Because he’s a vested veteran, his full salary became guaranteed from the Bills when he was on their roster in Week One. So not only does he get his entire 2012 base salary from the Bills, but he also gets whatever he’s going to make for the rest of the season from the Cowboys.

PTR

Buffalo has to pay all of Moorman's 2012 season salary though even if he signs with another team

Guess I stand corrected on the salary aspect -- didn't realize how that worked. Nevertheless, I expect better production from the young punter. Hope he can pin the Pats deep a few times on Sunday. Hope he doesn't play much at all, of course.

This confirms what we've seen.

DeHaven doesn't trust his coverage unit, and probably hasn't since that Kerley TD punt return in the first game. So, instead of being on the hot seat, he tells Moorman to kick everything out of bounds? That's some brilliant ST coaching.

In a certain respect I admire DeHaven. The guy has proven to be a below-average ST coach, most well-known for the Music City Disaster, and he knows it. The solution? John Potter, who kicks everything through the endzone. And directional punts out of bounds. No more screw-ups on the kick coverage.