100 million dollar mistake?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Howard is the next Peters?

No, Howard more likely has a career in pro wrestling awaiting him, but "he was on the practice squad" isn't really an indicator of anything. Remember when the Bills got run all over by "scrub" 3rd stringer Willie Parker? Good players come from everywhere. We'll see what Howard does, and we'll see if he ever gets a penalty called on him, too.

But yeah, basically what I said is "he's the next Peters." Good luck finding a job with those reading skills.

Williams has produced over enough time that I'm not as worried as the dunderheads around here that he's a waste of money yet.

Do tell us, where does the buffalo barbarian draw the line for Jim harbaughs value? You keep acting like you hand him a blank check.

he keeps ignoring harbaugh's family situation, or that fact that he may not actually want to live in buffalo, or coach in buffalo. Harbaugh could have any coaching vacancy and he chose not to coach the Bills, so did Shanahan, and Cowher. I'm noticing a trend here. But I'm sure everyone has their price!

No, Howard more likely has a career in pro wrestling awaiting him, but "he was on the practice squad" isn't really an indicator of anything. Remember when the Bills got run all over by "scrub" 3rd stringer Willie Parker? Good players come from everywhere. We'll see what Howard does, and we'll see if he ever gets a penalty called on him, too.

But yeah, basically what I said is "he's the next Peters." Good luck finding a job with those reading skills.

Williams has produced over enough time that I'm not as worried as the dunderheads around here that he's a waste of money yet.

Relax. Howard should have a tougher time against a like Williams. Yes, good players get the shaft all the time and surprise everyone, but throwing around Peters is a bit much. Williams should handle guys like Howard, heck he should be able to play very well against pretty much any tackle because he's being paid to do so. Guy is supposed to be one of the best ends and he looked like a chump today.

Edited by bouds

Yea - I doubt Mario forgot how to play, and he already had an elite money contract and didn't get lazy.... Could it just be a bad game? I'd assume so. Quick passes, new surroundings/scheme, Jason smith lining up at TE to double, and yes, just maybe, when all of you cried all week worrying about the refs taking him out of the game with non-calls you got it right. Even Brady throws 4 picks some days. Brees didn't have a stellar day but I think that 100m is a safe bet still too.

Yea - I doubt Mario forgot how to play, and he already had an elite money contract and didn't get lazy.... Could it just be a bad game? I'd assume so. Quick passes, new surroundings/scheme, Jason smith lining up at TE to double, and yes, just maybe, when all of you cried all week worrying about the refs taking him out of the game with non-calls you got it right. Even Brady throws 4 picks some days. Brees didn't have a stellar day but I think that 100m is a safe bet still too.

Yep. Bad first matchup, and new surroundings. FAs typically do have a harder time adjusting to a new team. It takes awhile. I'd love for him to have come in and be dominant right away, but really all I want to see him do is play his game. Kyle and Marcel are going to free things up for him eventually, but we can't have our entire secondary and LB corps sucking wind all day and expect Mario to be a big presence. Not with a QB who can get it off as quickly as Sanchez did today.

he keeps ignoring harbaugh's family situation, or that fact that he may not actually want to live in buffalo, or coach in buffalo. Harbaugh could have any coaching vacancy and he chose not to coach the Bills, so did Shanahan, and Cowher. I'm noticing a trend here. But I'm sure everyone has their price!

Relax. Howard should have a tougher time against a like Williams. Yes, good players get the shaft all the time and surprise everyone, but throwing around Peters is a bit much. Williams should handle guys like Howard, heck he should be able to play very well against pretty much any tackle because he's being paid to do so. Guy is supposed to be one of the best ends and he looked like a chump today.

TEAM. GAME. They sucked out loud, as a team.

or maybe they don't want to work for wilson and his organization because wilson doesn't "know" them which might mean "control" them to perspective gm's and coaches. might that explain the trend and the unsigned at any price?

Mario a "victim" again. He's 6'6" 290 and a big cry baby. The one thing I got to say to you Mario is kick the guys ass if you don't like it. The refs are not your friend.

http://espn.go.com/n...ement-refs-loss

Anyone who is watching multiple games today can see how bad the refs are. They're awful, and Williams has a legitimate beef. Just because the Bills got killed doesn't mean that Williams is wrong. In fact, he's correct.

Do tell us, where does the buffalo barbarian draw the line for Jim harbaughs value? You keep acting like you hand him a blank check.

Why not?

Marrio got 100 for 6 years, why not spend that on guy who is the son of a coach, played QB, two successful college stints and most importantly has the right philosophy to win, which is 2 Back TE smash mouth offense and very physical defense (Dante looks reborn out there).

We expect the players to do all they can to get better now its time the organization does the same. I believe they really tried with Mario but if they put the full court press on Harbaugh he would have come. Look how long Mario strung us along before he signed, if he really wanted to come here it wouldn't have taking 3 days, they could have done the same for Harbaugh.

Now he still may not have come but I don't think we tried as hard as we could have and it should have never gotten to the point where no one wanted to come here.

I think the most important thing that the Mario signing did was show that we are serious about winning so hopefully this franchise will turn around, but I just don't see it with Chan bc he is not about hard nosed football and until we get a coach like that, we will be just a middling team.

or maybe they don't want to work for wilson and his organization because wilson doesn't "know" them which might mean "control" them to perspective gm's and coaches. might that explain the trend and the unsigned at any price?

That absolutely could have be an issue, but the OP thinks it's just about money, so we've both reached the wrong conclusion.

Edited by bouds

Pregnant wife doesn't mean crap. He may not have come but the Bills should have never become NFL Siberia.

Pregnant wife doesn't mean crap. He may not have come but the Bills should have never become NFL Siberia.

So what you're saying is that it wasn't really about the money? No amount would get you to go live/work in Siberia, Glad we cleared that up.

Edited by bouds

So what you're saying is that it wasn't really about the money? No amount would get you to go live/work in Siberia, Glad we cleared that up.

No the right amount of money would have made use no longer Siberia, just like the Mario signing did.

So youre ok offering harbaugh 20m per? 25? 30?!!?!?

What's your limit?

no limit

I recall Marty was interested but either Nix or Ralph didn't like him so he never got a shot, big mistake.

No, until we win and straighten this **** out Buffalo is still NFL Siberia. Just because one guy took the money doesn't mean the next guy will. Whatever, what's the use in arguing about this.

He said no, deal with it.

I'm not tied to harbaugh, just his philosophy, Chan will not get us next level.

No the right amount of money would have made use no longer Siberia, just like the Mario signing did.

no limit

It wouldn't bother you paying a coach 2 times the highest paid coach (or more, as you have no limit)?

He signed for 5 per, and your campaigning for 20 per. You don't think that's a bit.... Crazy.

I HATE how EMOTIONAL some of our fans are. There's a difference between passion and emotion. Last year we started off fast and everyone was screaming playoffs and what happen? This is ONLY one week and we're ready to throw in the towel all ready. Give it a break! It's a marathon not a sprint.

I recall Marty was interested but either Nix or Ralph didn't like him so he never got a shot, big mistake.

I'm not tied to harbaugh, just his philosophy, Chan will not get us next level.

Chan's philosophy led the AFC in rushing, so the problem isn't smash mouth football. It's the **** talent we have on both sides of the ball. Where's our Bowman, Willis, A.Smith, J.Smith, V.Davis, R.Moss, M.Manningham, C.Rogers?

Every year we blame the coaches, every 2-3 years they're fired and we bring a new guy in, same !@#$ing results. When are the fans going to point the finger at the players?

I'm not excusing the coaching, but the talent really isn't there either. We have one good receiver, that's it. Couple of good OL and a couple of backs.

Edited by bouds

I think a real concern for any "big name" coach is the ownership situation, mostly whether the team is going to be moved in the near future

Being a part of that is pure HELL. Plus, it's almost a guaranteed career killer.

Let's see...Give up a job at a nice, comfortable school where you're the big shot on campus and have NFL teams calling about you. Uproot the family to Buffalo, and maybe have to move again to Canada of all places in the next few years. In the meantime, be around all the negativity, doom and gloom, angry fans and media, and with probably a poor roster along the way.

You only get to be the hot up and coming name who can choose his spot once. I can see why Harbuagh said no.

If he came here would he be considered a great young coach still? You wonder.

I've always wondered how things would have been different if McNabb went to Cleveland and Tim Couch went to Philly. Would McNabb have been 3 years in the league then out?

Chan's philosophy led the AFC in rushing, so the problem isn't smash mouth football. It's the **** talent we have on both sides of the ball. Where's our Bowman, Willis, A.Smith, J.Smith, V.Davis, R.Moss, M.Manningham, C.Rogers?

Every year we blame the coaches, every 2-3 years they're fired and we bring a new guy in, same !@#$ing results. When are the fans going to point the finger at the players?

I'm not excusing the coaching, but the talent really isn't there either. We have one good receiver, that's it. Couple of good OL and a couple of backs.

We have a different idea of what Smashmouth is, which I define using a fullback and TE for blocking on run plays, Just rushing for a lot of yards is not smashmouth. What we do is pass out of the spread to set up the run which to me is not hard nosed physical football. I read an article the other day, that I can't find, that a jets player said we play that pretty football and unfortunately it's true.

I definitely agree that we need more talent on offense which is another indictment of this FO, we keep trying to upgrade the defense when the offense is woefully inadequate, if we hadn't messed around going 34 maybe we wouldn't be so far behind.

It wouldn't bother you paying a coach 2 times the highest paid coach (or more, as you have no limit)?

He signed for 5 per, and your campaigning for 20 per. You don't think that's a bit.... Crazy.

No, all I care about is winning and if it takes 20 mill to do it then so be it.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

What you where expecting 30 sacks & 100 takes in one game There no i in Team, did the rest of the D-Line do anything, don't you think the Jets where keying on Mario its one game give it more than one game before you start calling him a bust

I didn't think we made a mistake after the game he had. It's one game. But when I heard him whining about the refs, I started to wonder. Reminds me of how Eric Moulds would go looking for a flag after every play instead of, you know, just making the play like the great ones do.

Some of you fans are the biggest jokes ever. The funniest part is that while I was watching the game, I knew 100% someone would make this thread. It was beyond predictable.

So to recap, Ralph doesn't spend money, he's cheap. When we sign the best defensive player on the market, we all are excited. and then when he struggles in game 1, he's a bust. You guys are awesome.

I didn't think we made a mistake after the game he had. It's one game. But when I heard him whining about the refs, I started to wonder. Reminds me of how Eric Moulds would go looking for a flag after every play instead of, you know, just making the play like the great ones do.

Wa Wa Wa, that big un-drafted rookie from last weeks Practice Squad kept on punching me in the face. Wa Wa Wa.

We would have been better off to give that Money to Jim Harbough, Im sure he would have loved deer in his back yard and our down home college atmosphere.

Now this thread is more about getting the right coach not that we shouldn't have gotten Marrio, who I like. I'm just saying that would have been wiser to pull out all the stops to get Harbaugh here.

He was invisible, but other then Kyle Williams and Dareus, the whole front line was-did Anderson even play? That said, it was his first real game in almost 11 months, the run defense wasn't nowhere near as bad as the pass defense and I would think they ran away from him quite a bit, in fact most of their runs went up the middle. I won't give up on Mario yet, but I gave up on Fitz a year and a half ago, he is the big problem on this team. No NFL team will even go 8-8 with Fitz at QB, he is just that bad. You can't single handedly give the other team 3-4 touchdowns and expect the rest of the team to make up for your sorry ass. It wasn't just the picks, Fitz threw 3-4 more that could have easily been additional interceptions and several passes that we just bad passes and poor decisions. Edited by BuffBill

lol, and the jets did jam our wrs.... lol.. but we are just stupid fans...

seriously... this franchise has become a joke.

Become?

I could pile on here, but its way too easy. And I makes me way too sick.

I really feel like there's 31 teams in the nfl right now. That wasnt even nfl football yesterday. And if I had a dollar for everytime I felt like that in the last 15 years, I'd buy the team.