Tavaris Jackson deal completed

Beerball

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad the FO is willing to do whatever they can to improve the team!! TT, and VY were real bad, now TJ is not a superstar but I would much rather have him than TT or VY. I think this shows that Nix is serious about a playoff run, if Fitz gets hurt jackson has a much better chance of wining than the other 2

I dont think we should cut B. Smith but I would rather use the 3rd QB spot on a a late round developmental guy, looking for the next Tom Brady.

I am utterly incapable of understanding how anybody could have real problems with this move.

There have been two glaring problems on this team since camp opened; we're paper thin at LB and at QB.

The Bills just managed to successfully solve one of those two problems, only giving up a late round throwaway pick to do it.

What's the problem?

In my opinion, anybody that continues to discredit this move on its own merits is simply trying to reinforce their own previously existing agenda.

Looks like VY may be gone based on a twitter feed and a new thread created. Amazing how he looked decent in Minn and seemed to be getting it and than plummeted so fast. Heres hoping TJ isnt needed to fill in for Fitz.

To me it looked like VY started well had some bad WR and OL play and just said !@#$ it and started to throw the ball up for grabs- like I'm not letting these jokers get me cut I'll get myself cut thank you very much- maybe the guy never had any adversity all the way through college and doesn't have the mental strength to handle it.

Fitz is the guy Billsvet...thats it

Just time for you to accept it

You're missing the point. It's a trend of decisions which haven't worked out, which, could be the result of interference at OBD as Simon mentioned. If it is Nix and the personnel people making the call on QB's, well, they're not doing well. Either way, Fitz remains the starter and needs to be more consistent for this team to be a playoff club.

You're missing the point. It's a trend of decisions which haven't worked out, which, could be the result of interference at OBD as Simon mentioned. If it is Nix and the personnel people making the call on QB's, well, they're not doing well. Either way, Fitz remains the starter and needs to be more consistent for this team to be a playoff club.

Just to clarify, when I said "big man" I was actually referring to Buddy. He was the guy who had the final say on Prince Vince.

I do not believe Ralph has been doing any meddling as of late.

I am utterly incapable of understanding how anybody could have real problems with this move.

There have been two glaring problems on this team since camp opened; we're paper thin at LB and at QB.

The Bills just managed to successfully solve one of those two problems, only giving up a late round throwaway pick to do it.

What's the problem?

In my opinion, anybody that continues to discredit this move on its own merits is simply trying to reinforce their own previously existing agenda.

Nice call, btw.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/148714-seahawks-have-a-good-problem-to-have/page__st__40#entry2531167

GO BILLS!!!

At this point, I hate to say it, but I am more concerned about our starting QB. I really hope we can just chalk it up to preseason, and Fitz will return to what he showed at the beginning of last season.

I feel like Im taking crazy pills.

As if the comments in the now-closed thread werent bad enough, the public comments on the Buffalo Bills' official facebook announcement are somehow EVEN WORSE.

What are they putting in the water up in WNY that makes everyone into an idiotic hater? People criticizing this move as if he is expected to be the starter. People saying that it will be Young and Jackson as our QBs week 1. Etc...

I just dont get it.

Schoop & Sully are stirring the pot.

PTR

Just to clarify, when I said "big man" I was actually referring to Buddy. He was the guy who had the final say on Prince Vince.

As of late is the key quote here. It was Mr. Ralph who initiated a history of making lousy football judgments in regard to the QB when he made a handshake deal only he could make to simply ignore the salary cap and he promised to pay off Jimbo when he signed his next contract because of the cap constraints we had in the era when we decided to overpay the likes of John Fina.

There was no next contract as physically Kelly was done.

This led directly to the Bills overeaching in the draft to take TC and then rushing him into the starting role while he clearly still had happy feet.

Mr. Ralph seemed to be quite active in exercising his right to control his team and likely he made the decision to guarantee a bunch of money to the previosuly severely injured for Jax RJ. AJ Smith and the other coaches clearly believed in Flutie as a winner and promised he would have a shot on the field to win the starting job, but the big guaranteed deal gave to RJ.

When RJ proved injury prone and Flutie prvoved to be as effective as Smith thought he would be, by rule when he obtained all his incentives they rolled into his base contract and we were forced to extend him since we now had two QBs raking in the big bucks.

Maybe it was Ralph or maybe it was Littman but their futile search for the next Jimbo started us down a fatal QB path.

Butler obviously was pissed at Mr. Ralph for some reason and his exercising his right to meddle (an thus causing the coaches to go back on their word with DF) is my guess for him mismanaging his relationship with Butler (as he did with Polian, Wade Phillips and Malarkey as well.

I am happy that Mr. Ralph has kept the Bills here but he is pretty clearly the man in charge of our 0 for a decade plus record of missing the playoffs.

What's the problem?

How do you know the problem is solved?

Also, let's say that we were going with TT as the backup until the Steelers game and (when Nix finally realized TT sucked afterall) THEN brought in, say, Vince Young. Would you have said the problem is solved today if that was the scenario?

Fitz is the guy Billsvet...thats it

Just time for you to accept it

It depends on what you mean by "the guy." If you mean "the guy who's likely to be quarterbacking the Bills for the next few years," then yes, he's the guy. But if you mean, "the guy who can give the Bills a real chance at beating teams like the Giants in the postseason," then there's no way he's the guy. Not unless he significantly upgrades his accuracy.

Folks,

Does anyone realize just how screwed up this team was before Nix came in? From top to bottom just a lot of disfunctionality. Lots of uncertainty, lack of direction, lack of focus, same mistakes being made over and over again.

Nix changed all that....but it doesnt change overnight.

Its not that difficult to see what Nix is doing because its not complicated.....

- Find a QB you trust

- Biuld your team up around the QB

- Resign your own

Fitz is the guy....the team is biult up around him......the backup QB is a piece you biuld up AROUND the starter meaning that you dont completely revamp the offense if the backup has to come in which is probably why VY is gone.

It depends on what you mean by "the guy." If you mean "the guy who's likely to be quarterbacking the Bills for the next few years," then yes, he's the guy. But if you mean, "the guy who can give the Bills a real chance at beating teams like the Giants in the postseason," then there's no way he's the guy. Not unless he significantly upgrades his accuracy.

We were down 14-7 when the starters went out of the game against the steelers.......the steelers are in the playoffs every year and multiple recent super bowls.

This team is competitive once again...Nix is doing his job.

I think meeting the Giants in the post season would be considered a win, even if we lose to them. That would mean we lost the SB. I would be happy making the playoffs and losing. This would be something to build off of (seeing what we have had for over a decade) So if we lose to the giants in the SB. I don't see why we couldn't win it the next year. We did almost beat the NYG last year,,,no!

I misunderstood. Thank you for the correction.

What's the problem?

I have no problem with giving up a low-round pick, who cares... and I would've liked to see VY pan out, but that didn't happen. I do think that Jackson is garbage, and I hope Fitz can step up, stay healthy, & keep him off the field.