Tavaris Jackson deal completed

Beerball

What's with the FO grabbing guys with the same names. We have TJ Graham who is referred to as TJ; we have Tavaris Jackson, who is being referred to as TJ; we have Fred Jackson who is referred to as Jackson or Freddy; we have 3 Williams; and there are 2 Johnsons

Buddy's secret plan has been revealed!!! The opponent can't figure out who they're supposed to cover and BINGO... we score. I can see it now. Rex says "cover Jackson" and the D can't figure out which Jackson to cover; or he says "block Williams" and their OL hesitates because there are three Williams on the field. BINGO again. SACK!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why fans still haven't figured that out yet, it is brought up again and again. He is the perfect guy for it.

We get it. We just think it's a waste to suit up an extra player on gameday for only a few plays a game that could happen without him on the roster. What we don't get is how fans don't get that it still counts as a player toward the 53 man roster, and if we cut that's an actual good prospect at another position for a guy that is versitle at sucking at 3 or 4 different positions.

Let's look at it this way, we just spent the time to renegotiate the contract of Jackson before we signed him because we thought $4m a year was too much for a backup, yet BS makes that much for the 3rd QB that gets in the game maybe 5 plays.

Oh wait..... You still have me on ignore don't you? Oh well, I can still piss off any other BS and wildcat lover. Keep the ignores coming.

Buddy's secret plan has been revealed!!! The opponent can't figure out who they're supposed to cover and BINGO... we score. I can see it now. Rex says "cover Jackson" and the D can't figure out which Jackson to cover; or he says "block Williams" and their OL hesitates because there are three Williams on the field. BINGO again. SACK!

pat williams is a free agent.....just sayin....

I'm a disappointed that we kept Thiggy over VY. I still don't know what Thiggy is doing on the team other than holding a clip board.

I'm watching T Jack on the NFL channel now. So far - so good

He won't be on the roster after Friday.

PTR

this is a good move

fitzpatrick could go down at any moment and right now our backup options are TERRIBLE

tarvares is above average as far as backup qbs go - he's obviously way below average for a starter but for a backup he's pretty solid

a 6th rounder isn't a very high price really and if fitz misses a week or two i think tarvares would give us a little bit better chance of winning than young or thigpen

it's all about winning NOW since we have the softest schedule this season that we will see for a while

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! You can make jokes about me cause I hate the wildcat. So funny. And you used a Chris Griffin reference because you think I'm a 16 year old pre pubecent boy. HAHAHAHAHA!!! It's hilarious. Even with my small undeveloped brain I was able to get that.

I guess I shouldn't have assumed you were so much older then you really are

Pre-pubecent at age 16? Might want to go to the doctors to get checked out, we may have found out the reason for your tantrum/moodswing......

We get it. We just think it's a waste to suit up an extra player on gameday for only a few plays a game that could happen without him on the roster. What we don't get is how fans don't get that it still counts as a player toward the 53 man roster, and if we cut that's an actual good prospect at another position for a guy that is versitle at sucking at 3 or 4 different positions.

Let's look at it this way, we just spent the time to renegotiate the contract of Jackson before we signed him because we thought $4m a year was too much for a backup, yet BS makes that much for the 3rd QB that gets in the game maybe 5 plays.

Oh wait..... You still have me on ignore don't you? Oh well, I can still piss off any other BS and wildcat lover. Keep the ignores coming.

No, YOU Don't.

Suiting up a guy who can play 3-4 positions in an emergency or for a handfull of plays during a game (even with teh HC saying he plans on running the WC more often this year) is a waste, yet keeping a backup at some other position, who may only be able to play 1, maybe 2 positions and only get into a game in an emergency isn't a waste?

They renegotiated T Jacksons deal because if things go as planned, he should see even less then 5 plays a game, witht eh hope being 0 plays a game unless Fitz is hurt. If Jackson was able to come in and do other things besides play Qb, they may feel he and his position would be worth the $4mil a season. Brad Smiths 5 plays a game is 5 plays more then what Jackson is expected to play unless theres an emergency

the latest story on Bills QB shuffle, just moved on wire.

http://www.huffingto...rvaris-jackson/

jw

The Bills will need to do a whole lot more QB shuffling than this before the position gets fixed! :angry:

Okay, maybe this move makes sense in itself, because the Bills' backups haven't looked good. But that said, I don't see any quarterback on the Bills' roster--from Ryan Fitzpatrick on down--as the long-term answer at his place on the depth chart.

Pre-pubecent at age 16? Might want to go to the doctors to get checked out, we may have found out the reason for your tantrum/moodswing......

No, YOU Don't.

Suiting up a guy who can play 3-4 positions in an emergency or for a handfull of plays during a game (even with teh HC saying he plans on running the WC more often this year) is a waste, yet keeping a backup at some other position, who may only be able to play 1, maybe 2 positions and only get into a game in an emergency isn't a waste?

They renegotiated T Jacksons deal because if things go as planned, he should see even less then 5 plays a game, witht eh hope being 0 plays a game unless Fitz is hurt. If Jackson was able to come in and do other things besides play Qb, they may feel he and his position would be worth the $4mil a season. Brad Smiths 5 plays a game is 5 plays more then what Jackson is expected to play unless theres an emergency

I'll keep all your opinions right at the top of my head for every day going forward. Your an absolute genius. I'm not sure how I've managed to live as long as I have without your knowledge readily available to me every single minute.

No, YOU Don't.

Brad Smith also plays on the KO team, the punt team, and likely the KR team. He will probably play 3-5 plays a game as a Wildcat, and maybe 5 snaps as a WR. All in all, he will likely play about 20 snaps a game.

An absolutely solid move, and further solidifies my trust in the current front office. Vince Young was a weakness, and Thigpen is at best a quality control coach. I've done some research on Mr. Jackson and there are some eye catching statistics that certainly point to why Buddy made this move.

2011 was TJ's first and only year in Seattle. While he started off slowly, his play in the second half of the season (presumably once he felt comfortable with their playbook) rose considerably.

First 8 games: 73 QB rating, 6 TD's, 9 INT's

Last 8 games: 85 QB rating, 8 TD's, 4 INT's

2qna8m0.jpg

As you can see, he not only put up better numbers in the 2nd half of the season, but he also became more consistent.

In games against the BIlls 2012 opponents, TJ completed 60% of his passes for 1125 yards, 7 TD's, and 5 INT's. He also had 55 yards on the ground.

Now here is where it gets very enticing. In December, he threw for 800 yards, 4 TD's, 0 INT's, and had a 98.8 QB rating. In games where it was 40 degrees or colder, he was 53 of 79 for 641 yards, 67% completion rating, 3 TD's, 0 INT's, and 104.5 QB rating.

In the Red Zone, he had 10 TD's and only 1 INT. It is worth noting that he does take a relatively high percentage of sacks in the red zone - 12% of all red-zone drop backs - likely due to his tendency to scramble under pressure.

I personally love the move. I think he is a tremendous upgrade over Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen.

for what it's worth. the Bills are maintaining their faith in Fitzpatrick because he has earned the trust of the coaching staff and the locker room. He is their unquestioned leader, who also has the best grasp of Gailey's offense. and that's something that Young showed he didn't have given the additional responsibilities presented to him in taking over in the second half on Saturday.

obviously, this is a step back. Tarvaris will need time to get up to speed with the offense, so it's quite evident that the Bills are going with Fitzpatrick this season win or lose for the most part, early on. and, let me say this, too, Fitzpatrick understands what's at stake, and that it's up to him to prove himself. at he very least he is confident he can do that.

jw

Thanks for the insight, John. Appreciate it.

In the Red Zone, he had 10 TD's and only 1 INT. It is worth noting that he does take a relatively high percentage of sacks in the red zone - 12% of all red-zone drop backs - likely due to his tendency to scramble under pressure.

I personally love the move. I think he is a tremendous upgrade over Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen.

Thanks for reaffiming my faith in why I should spend time at TSW! These kind of posts, which used to be staples of this place, have become too few and far between.

Please come back often...

Edited by Lurker

I like the move.

Whether you like the Jackson/Young moves or not, as Bills fans it has to be refreshing to see a front office continuing to make moves to improve this team even this close to the regular season. This offseason has been an exciting one.

I can't fault an aggressive front office. It's something I'm glad the Bills have now.