Tavaris Jackson deal completed

Beerball

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, i guess he gets a lot of playing time against Detroit Thursday night. Good luck learning the offense in 3 days TJ.

Right, because the final preseason game played by 3rd stringers has the full offense in the game plan.

I really wonder who's going to be cut and when. There's so many things to look at. Brad Smith sucks, VY sucks, TT sucks. But could Chan be keeping either TJ or VY for the wildcat? And letting go of BS? Could he be cutting both TT and VY and keeping TJ and BS? Could he cut BS and VY and keep TJ for the wildcat and TT for backup QB? Could he be cutting everyone and only keeping TJ with no 3rd QB? Heck, even with the poor play of Fitz, one could make an argument that he's on the outs. I wouldn't take that too seriously....YET!!! But ibwill say if Futz struggles at the start like he did to finish last year, Chan could be on the hit seat, and that means a new QB needs to come in. Just a few thoughts. Thankfully we have JW to help get some of these answers for us today. I'm sure someone will be cut today.

I really wonder who's going to be cut and when. There's so many things to look at. Brad Smith sucks, VY sucks, TT sucks. But could Chan be keeping either TJ or VY for the wildcat? And letting go of BS? Could he be cutting both TT and VY and keeping TJ and BS? Could he cut BS and VY and keep TJ for the wildcat and TT for backup QB? Could he be cutting everyone and only keeping TJ with no 3rd QB? Heck, even with the poor play of Fitz, one could make an argument that he's on the outs. I wouldn't take that too seriously....YET!!! But ibwill say if Futz struggles at the start like he did to finish last year, Chan could be on the hit seat, and that means a new QB needs to come in. Just a few thoughts. Thankfully we have JW to help get some of these answers for us today. I'm sure someone will be cut today.

Holy fat fingers Batman!!! :lol:

I'm thinking that Brad Smith might get cut and we keep another receiver instead of him. I would like to see the keeping of VY instead of the other 2 since I think those two are the better athletes. Besides, if I remember, Chan used CJ as the WildCat back the past few times.

And getting updated with Hindsight's post, when you throw in keeping an extra kicker, it seems to make sense keeping Brad Smith because he does save roster spots but maybe they just keep one less player somewhere else. Lots of mathematical possibilities. :wacko:

Thigpen and Vince are gone. Brad Smith will be the third QB. Its a lock. Guy can play so many positions. If we are keeping an extra kicker, having a guy that can play 4 positions suddenly becomes much more valuable

"Yeah, but you don't realise that Brad Smith SUCKS!" **In my best Chris Grifin voice**

NAy idiot can just come in and run the Wildcat (well except for Smith of course cause he Sucks). Freddy can do it, Vince Young can do it, Thigpen can do it, Spiller can do it, A developmental QB drafted in the 7th or Undrafted can do it. I hear JP Losman and Trent Edwards can do it too! The Wildcat is only a gimmick and should never be used cause every defence can stop it and it never works!

Its much wiser to take advantage of a rule and keep a 7th round "Levi Brown/Brian Brohm" on the roster to keep the backup QB hydrated and well rested not having to hold a clip board then keep Brad Smith and his albatross $4mil contract on the roster, since the Bills are so close to the cap and will now have to cut good players to get under the cap

Holy fat fingers Batman!!! :lol:

I'm thinking that Brad Smith might get cut and we keep another receiver instead of him. I would like to see the keeping of VY instead of the other 2 since I think those two are the better athletes. Besides, if I remember, Chan used CJ as the WildCat back the past few times.

And getting updated with Hindsight's post, when you throw in keeping an extra kicker, it seems to make sense keeping Brad Smith because he does save roster spots but maybe they just keep one less player somewhere else. Lots of mathematical possibilities. :wacko:

Of course, cut a guy who has played WR, QB and can return kicks and has been learning the coaches "Wildcat" offence, In order to keep someone who plays WR and may be able to return kicks if needed. Thats the way a smart GM does things!

So the complaint is that Smith can't throw, making the Wildcat One dimensional because everyone knows its going to be a run all the time, and replace him with a RB that can't throw any better?

Of course, cut a guy who has played WR, QB and can return kicks and has been learning the coaches "Wildcat" offence, In order to keep someone who plays WR and may be able to return kicks if needed. Thats the way a smart GM does things!

So the complaint is that Smith can't throw, making the Wildcat One dimensional because everyone knows its going to be a run all the time, and replace him with a RB that can't throw any better?

But... but... You just said the Wildcat sucks and can be learned by anybody.

And I was just trying to see both sides of the story here. I never said it was a good idea, it was just speculation.

And I'm just

2 minutes and I'm already disappointed.

Edited by Teen Insight

Gailey has said we're keeping Brad Smith as the #3. Seems like VY and Thigpen are both out.

Remember, the #3 QB is simply the 3rd string QB nor is he, even in Chan's mind, the Wildcat QB. The #3 QB is an extra player who can suit up and not count against your game day total. So you want someone versatile. Brad Smith is not a great QB, but he is versatile.

Gailey has said we're keeping Brad Smith as the #3. Seems like VY and Thigpen are both out.

Remember, the #3 QB is simply the 3rd string QB nor is he, even in Chan's mind, the Wildcat QB. The #3 QB is an extra player who can suit up and not count against your game day total. So you want someone versatile. Brad Smith is not a great QB, but he is versatile.

I don't know why fans still haven't figured that out yet, it is brought up again and again. He is the perfect guy for it.

"Yeah, but you don't realise that Brad Smith SUCKS!" **In my best Chris Grifin voice**

NAy idiot can just come in and run the Wildcat (well except for Smith of course cause he Sucks). Freddy can do it, Vince Young can do it, Thigpen can do it, Spiller can do it, A developmental QB drafted in the 7th or Undrafted can do it. I hear JP Losman and Trent Edwards can do it too! The Wildcat is only a gimmick and should never be used cause every defence can stop it and it never works!

Its much wiser to take advantage of a rule and keep a 7th round "Levi Brown/Brian Brohm" on the roster to keep the backup QB hydrated and well rested not having to hold a clip board then keep Brad Smith and his albatross $4mil contract on the roster, since the Bills are so close to the cap and will now have to cut good players to get under the cap

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! You can make jokes about me cause I hate the wildcat. So funny. And you used a Chris Griffin reference because you think I'm a 16 year old pre pubecent boy. HAHAHAHAHA!!! It's hilarious. Even with my small undeveloped brain I was able to get that.