2012 Buffalo Bills: the best team in franchise history?

I was thinking, the 2012 Bills are probably the best team in franchise history...you could say it as the 1965 or 1966 teams, which won AFL cahmpionships, but you have to remember, that was the AFL, not the NFL. And then, you might argue it was one of the four Super Bowl teams, but then, you have to remember that they lost all four Super Bowls, so, they might have only been the 16th (no Carolina and Jacksonville yet) best team in the league in those seasons.

So, with all the players the Bills have added this year, the best available free agent DE in Mario Williams, a name guy at back-up QB in Steve Young, and a nice complimentary pass rusher DE on the other side in Mark Anderson, I feel confident that the 2012 Buffalo Bills are the best team in the history of the franchise. All that, along with keeping the core of last years 6-10 team make me feel like the sky is the limit!!!! Thoughts?

So, with all the players the Bills have added this year, the best available free agent DE in Mario Williams, a name guy at back-up QB in Steve Young, and a nice complimentary pass rusher DE on the other side in Mark Anderson, I feel confident that the 2012 Buffalo Bills are the best team in the history of the franchise. All that, along with keeping the core of last years 6-10 team make me feel like the sky is the limit!!!! Thoughts?

:D

I love your optimism Buftex, but let's not start counting our chickens here. We definitely don't have a HOF QB, RB or WR on this team. We might not even have one player (Maybe Mario and possibly Dareus in the future) even under consideration for the Hall. Compare this squad to those Super Bowl Teams position by position and you may reconsider your stance. Still....love your optimism.

Sorry, but the 90-94 Bills think you're wrong.

If it wasn't for Home Run Throwback the 1999 Bills probably would have joined that list.

This could be one of the best improved teams, but lets play the season first.

If it wasn't for Home Run Throwback the 1999 Bills probably would have joined that list.

This could be one of the best improved teams, but lets play the season first.

Most improved Team, looks like a solid to me.

I was thinking, the 2012 Bills are probably the best team in franchise history...you could say it as the 1965 or 1966 teams, which won AFL cahmpionships, but you have to remember, that was the AFL, not the NFL. And then, you might argue it was one of the four Super Bowl teams, but then, you have to remember that they lost all four Super Bowls, so, they might have only been the 16th (no Carolina and Jacksonville yet) best team in the league in those seasons.

absolutely

Like your optimism but we haven't been to the playoffs in years and this team is all on paper for the moment. Until we get to the Superbowl no team will compare to the Superbowl era Teams.

I was thinking, the 2012 Bills are probably the best team in franchise history...you could say it as the 1965 or 1966 teams, which won AFL cahmpionships, but you have to remember, that was the AFL, not the NFL.

This thread is insane in and of it self. Don't tarnish it even more with inaccuracies.

The 1966 Bills lost the first AFC championship game thus being denied the chance to play in super bowlI. Crazy enough back then the NFL actually printed all combination of tickets. The Green Bay Packers vs. the Buffalo Bills ticket is quite a collectable. That said you are correct that 1966 team you could say was light years a head of the 2012 Bills. Since they played and won the right to the AFC championship. The 2012 Bills are months away from training camp. Hope this helps with the confusion surrounding the best Bills teams ever.

Now the 64-65 Bills won AFL championships.

With a couple of Super Bowl rings, Young brings experience and that "know how to win" mindset--and I heard Jerry Rice might be signed as the number two receiver; yep, probably the best team ever!

The 2002 team had more talent, sadly one of the biggest let downs ever!

Fletcher, spikes, schobel, pat Williams, Adams, milloy, clements and winfield on defense.

Moulds, bleedslow, Henry...had they addressed the oline a little more that team could have been special. Mike Williams wasn't a bad right tackle had buffalo drafted him in the 2nd and he was healthy he wouldn't be considered a giant bust.

I also admire the optimism, however - I can't begin discussing how good the Bills are going to be this year, in any serious fashion, until they've at least played a few games. Who knows what will happen this year. If all things work out to the best of their respective potentials, then we might see a team that can be said to stand even with the greats of Bills history. But, I think if they were to be that kind of team they would have to beat a lot of good teams, and beat them convincingly, and finally, they'd have to win a superbowl. I'm not going to anoint this team as better than any we've had before if it doesn't get farther than any team we've had.

Let's have this discussion in October, or November.

I want of some what you are smoking. You must be out of your mind. The Bills' teams that went to 4 straight super bowls (never been done and will never ever be done again) and 5 AFC Championship games in 6 years (should have benn 6 straight if not for Ronnie Harmon's drop) had many great players. Name me one on the current roster who anyone would even even consider Hall of Fame material. Let this team make the playoffs for around 8 years straight before you even bring up this thought!

lol @ serious replies.

:P

Sorry, this was my parody of all the threads that keep being started...the Gailey/Wannestedt thread was the one that sent me over the edge! I am optimistic about the 2012 Bills team, but I think people are getting a little too ahead of themselves! I should have added a :rolleyes: at the end of my original post!

:P

Sorry, this was my parody of all the threads that keep being started...the Gailey/Wannestedt thread was the one that sent me over the edge! I am optimistic about the 2012 Bills team, but I think people are getting a little too ahead of themselves! I should have added a :rolleyes: at the end of my original post!

I just assumed you had started hitting the bottle early. Well played sir, well played.

LOL..You can't be serious...

Kelly>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fitz

Reed Lofton >>>>>>>>>>>> SJ and scraps

Thurman/Davis >>>>>>>> FJ Spiller

Hull >>>>>>>>>>> Wood

Wolford >>>>>>>>>> Hairston, Glenn et al

Bruce Smith > Super Mario(hopefully this will be a tie)

Biscuit >>>>>>> Barnett/ Merriman

Need I go on...

Well played, Buftex. Not quite at the level of crayonz, but you did manage to hook quite a few more than I thought you would.

I got hooked early. I was astounded when I read the post, mainly because it was a vet poster that I had seen offer some strong and diplomatic feedback before. Good fun Buftex, good fun.

LOL..You can't be serious...

Kelly>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fitz

Reed Lofton >>>>>>>>>>>> SJ and scraps

Thurman/Davis >>>>>>>> FJ Spiller

Hull >>>>>>>>>>> Wood

Wolford >>>>>>>>>> Hairston, Glenn et al

Bruce Smith > Super Mario(hopefully this will be a tie)

Biscuit >>>>>>> Barnett/ Merriman

Need I go on...

I was going to make a post exactly like this.

I would add:

Darrell Talley/Shane Conlan >>>>>>>>>> Kelvin Sheppard/Kirk Morrison

Keith McKeller/Pete Metzelaars >>>>>>> Scott Chandler

Jim Richter/Howard Ballard/John Davis >>>>> Andy Levitre/Erik Pears/Kraig Urbik

and...

Frank Reich >>>>>> Fitz

If they reach their potential, the current roster might bost a better secondary than the Super Bowl teams.

Right now, I think they are about even.

My thought is I really hope this is sarcasm

Team of the century? (2000 - 2012) I could buy that. But they haven't even played a down of regular season football yet, and compared to some previous Bills teams that others have already mentioned, they still have everything to prove (like a winning record, for starters).

I almost did not click on this thread for it instantly sounds insane. But then I thought wait, what if he is right and we just don't know it yet. Foresight instead of hindsight, interesting.