Rd 5, Pick #147: LB Tank Carder - TCU

SDS

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy has made up for his 3rd round pick with today's picks. I am VERY happy. We're getting quality players at positions of need who are BPAs too. Things are really looking up for us. Now all we need is a franchise QB.

Your going to like that pick!

More ST fodder. But I think I see the reasoning. Upgrade D, Upgrade ST, shorten field, play close games and Fitz isn't that big of a liability...makes sense. Carder is not an improvement over Sheppard.

I guess Moats, Batten and White needed some company on the sideline? OK, so I don't hate it, I just kinda think...meh. Oh well, its the 5th round.

If they were looking for starters in the 5th that would say a lot of bad things about the team. Every pick from here on out will be bpa and hope to find a gem. This was a kid projected to go as high as the 3rd! Enjoy what the team is doing bc it's been very impressive so far.

Now this is a pick that TwoBillsDrive will love.

I hate it. Need to get more of those scat back types and ball catchers.

I am happy with who will be in camp! Now les get some practice squad players and hope we pull a Johnson.

More ST fodder. But I think I see the reasoning. Upgrade D, Upgrade ST, shorten field, play close games and Fitz isn't that big of a liability...makes sense. Carder is not an improvement over Sheppard.

We're well past the point in the draft where anyone should be thinking about instant improvements to any positions. These are all projects and long term investments at this point.

I'm not sure what your point is with the part I bolded. Why would anyone expect a 5th round rookie to be an improvement over a 2nd rounder with a year of NFL experience?

Interesting New York Times article on Tank.

Tank

That's a great story

Now this is when you take a high-motor 4-3 LB, not near the top of the draft..:thumbsup:

Just so you know, your mindless, repetitive crusade with no basis whatsoever in reality is just making you look reallllly foolish.

I hate it. Need to get more of those scat back types and ball catchers.

I am happy with who will be in camp! Now les get some practice squad players and hope we pull a Johnson.

I don't usually get that excited over practice round players, but whatever you're into...

If they were looking for starters in the 5th that would say a lot of bad things about the team. Every pick from here on out will be bpa and hope to find a gem. This was a kid projected to go as high as the 3rd! Enjoy what the team is doing bc it's been very impressive so far.

This is the first one that I've been underwhelmed with. But yeah, its just a fifth. I'm not that worried about it.