RD 4, Pick #105: LB Nigel Bradham - FSU

SDS

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad. I've read a lot about him clocking a fast speed in the 40 but he doesn't play as fast off the edge. He's not a pass rusher by any means, and he is maxing out at 240 pounds so taking on Tackles would be tough. But he is fast laterally, so flying to the tackle is a strong suit.

A lot of people saw him as a 3rd round pick, so we got a good value. I also like that he is a senior, so he has experience on his side.

Bills got the LB they wanted in the fourth rd you got to think.

I mean, they went back after last night and re-evaluated their board and who was left. Since no LB were drafted yet, they got the best on their board.

Guy sounds very good physically. Best in the forty and vertical for his position at the combine.

Weakness is he needs to learn to read between run and pass better. Wanny will love working with this kid.

Still think that Nix takes BPA? We had four clear needs and picked one player at each of them. I still contend there is really no such thing as BPA.

The guy looks like a killer. No fourth rounder would be expected to start. We need a back-up on the outside and the guy seems to have a lot of talent. I still like this draft a lot.

Sirius guys loved this pick, says he was all over the place at the senior bowl making tackles, and can rush the passer. said he's a mike in the 4-3 Wannestadt scheme, and fits well with Barnett and Sheppard, who they like a lot.

They also then recapped the Bills draft, taking about how awesome it is!

Edited by BlueFire

Still think that Nix takes BPA? We had four clear needs and picked one player at each of them. I still contend there is really no such thing as BPA.

The guy looks like a killer. No fourth rounder would be expected to start. We need a back-up on the outside and the guy seems to have a lot of talent. I still like this draft a lot.

I've always believed you pick for need. That's the whole point of the draft. Getting players you need.

Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State

Height: 6-2. Weight: 241.

40 Time: 4.53. 10-Yd Split: 1.65.

Bench: 24.

Vertical: 37. Broad: 10-1.

Arm: 33 3/4. Hand: 10 3/8.

Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

4/25/12: Bradham played well in 2011, becoming the first Seminole since Marvin Jones to lead the team in tackles for three straight seasons. Bradham had 86 tackles with 9.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks, three passes broken up, two interceptions and a forced fumble this year. He played well against Miami and Oklahoma.

Bradham is fast and physical, but his awareness and instincts can be off at times. He played well at the Senior Bowl and had an excellent Combine. Bradham blazed a fast 40 time did reasonably well in the field drills.

8/23/11: Nigel Bradham made strides as a junior after being somewhat inconsistent as a sophomore. Last year, he had 97 tackles with 6.5 tackles for loss, five sacks and five passes broken up in 2010. Bradham had decent production in his first year as a starter in 2009, when he notched 93 tackles with 5.5 tackles for a loss and two sacks. Bradham has the size and speed to be a starter in the NFL.

4 for 4, he'll play special teams only for the first 4 weeks, then get more and more pt till December, then he'll start.

I would be really surprised if he started over any of our current LB's. Between Sheppard, Barnett, Morrison, Davis, and Merriman there isn't a lot of room to crack the starting lineup especially with us going back to a 4-3.

I don't see him starting this year at all, unless there are significant injuries.

I would be really surprised if he started over any of our current LB's. Between Sheppard, Barnett, Morrison, Davis, and Merriman there isn't a lot of room to crack the starting lineup especially with us going back to a 4-3.

I don't see him starting this year at all, unless there are significant injuries.

Players who go later in the draft usuall aren't starters; but, developemental. Merriman will line at DE.

Weakness is he needs to learn to read between run and pass better. Wanny will love working with this kid.

Yep, his scheme is very simple--fly to the ball.

This kid won't have to digest a big playbook and can just let 'er rip...