Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

Bills fans -

had to register to give you all a mighty congratulations. As a Bears fan, I wanted to get the local take on the Mario saga, so I sat on this thread along with you all for 3 straight days and nights, F5'ing my life away along with the rest of you. Didn't get a dang thing done at work as well. Sleep?? What's that??

Day 1 started out with hoping to see Mario boarding a plane to Chicago, but mid way through Day 2, I was solidly in your camp for him to sign with the Bills. One post that stands out in my mind was "this is very, very dumb. And I am addicted". Amen, brother!! I laughed. I'll tell you what, reading every last post in this thread, I could feel the excitement, the impatience near the end of Day 2 and I was right along with you. I completely respect the dedication you show your team and the Buffalo Bills now have a new fan.

I'm jealous as he!!, don't get me wrong, but you all deserve Super Mario after these last few days. I wish you the best of luck and sincerely hope to see you all in the SB this year. (playing my Bears, of course!) Be well!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sack totals are nice and all, but consent pressure on the QB is another thing, that can really cause a lot of good things to happen for the defense, so I would not obsess over Mario's sack total: Even if he gets 10 and he commands double teams, he makes the defense light years better.

Reading Mario's twitter feed has been enlightening--- he really seems to be having fun interacting with Bills' fans and Texans' fans. He just seems like a good dude that's happy as hell:

Julio Vazuez ‏ @Spliffone

@bbwolf90 You are the biggest signing in Buffalo history and thanks for bringing us something to cheer about!

Mario Williams ‏ @bbwolf90

@Spliffone thank you all you guys cheer ur ass off we will play ours off in return!

Spliffone?

Well, I have to say that my Stadium Wall status has been mostly "lurker" for a long time - but I've been following this thread as much as I could get away with at work. Now that I finally have a chance to post, I don't even know what to say that hasn't already been said! I am so happy for Bills fans everywhere as I believe we begin a new era of WINNING again! After last season, I swore that I would not purchase any more Buffalo Bills merchandise until they win a Super Bowl. Hopefully, I'll be buying something in the not-too-distant future. ;)

*An aside to Chicagoan: Thanks for you post - it was quite heartwarming.

-Gina

Bills fans -

had to register to give you all a mighty congratulations. As a Bears fan, I wanted to get the local take on the Mario saga, so I sat on this thread along with you all for 3 straight days and nights, F5'ing my life away along with the rest of you. Didn't get a dang thing done at work as well. Sleep?? What's that??

Day 1 started out with hoping to see Mario boarding a plane to Chicago, but mid way through Day 2, I was solidly in your camp for him to sign with the Bills. One post that stands out in my mind was "this is very, very dumb. And I am addicted". Amen, brother!! I laughed. I'll tell you what, reading every last post in this thread, I could feel the excitement, the impatience near the end of Day 2 and I was right along with you. I completely respect the dedication you show your team and the Buffalo Bills now have a new fan.

I'm jealous as he!!, don't get me wrong, but you all deserve Super Mario after these last few days. I wish you the best of luck and sincerely hope to see you all in the SB this year. (playing my Bears, of course!) Be well!

You guys certainly have a shot assuming Cutler stays healthy and Marshall keeps his head on straight. Reuniting those two should bring nothing but production for your offense. No reason to be jealous dude you guys have Julius Peppers and get good inside pressure as well from Henry Melton. Your teams d can survive without Super Mario to say the least lol. Thanks for showing some love though. Good luck during the season :thumbsup:

Well, I have to say that my Stadium Wall status has been mostly "lurker" for a long time - but I've been following this thread as much as I could get away with at work. Now that I finally have a chance to post, I don't even know what to say that hasn't already been said! I am so happy for Bills fans everywhere as I believe we begin a new era of WINNING again! After last season, I swore that I would not purchase any more Buffalo Bills merchandise until they win a Super Bowl. Hopefully, I'll be buying something in the not-too-distant future. ;)

*An aside to Chicagoan: Thanks for you post - it was quite heartwarming.

-Gina

Still watching games at Bobby V's?

Still watching games at Bobby V's?

Hi, KD

Not this year because most of the Bills games were on TV here in Stamford. PLUS, I have a computer with EyeTV set up at my house in Elmira, NY so I can watch televised Bills games from there on my iPad. However, when the Bills laid an egg mid-season even the Elmira CBS station stopped broadcasting them.

Is everyone seriously forgetting that the Bills could also get a very healthy Merriman back. I mean if people are going to sit there and say K. Williams will return to form(had achilles surgry)and get 6 sacks(or 8), why isn't it possible Merriman could come back?

personally I think it could look like this:

Mario 14

Dareus 5

Williams 5

Merriman 10

Kelsay 6(COMING OFF BENCH)

No, everyone is not forgetting that Shawne Merriman will be back. But even the most ardent optimist would be skeptical given his drug use and perpetual state of injury. Also, given our change in scheme it is unlikely he will play all that much.

Secondly, since when did Kyle have an achilles operation? I have never heard that. I believe you meant bone spurs?

No, everyone is not forgetting that Shawne Merriman will be back. But even the most ardent optimist would be skeptical given his drug use and perpetual state of injury. Also, given our change in scheme it is unlikely he will play all that much.

Secondly, since when did Kyle have an achilles operation? I have never heard that. I believe you meant bone spurs?

The bone spurs were beginning to fray his Achilles. During the surgery it was detached, the bone was shaved, and then re-attached.

Agreed on Merriman. Anything out of him is a bonus. I have zero expectations.

How much is he playing Brady again?

Lol really what an arse Kraft is. So his "theory" a team $30 mil under the cap fields a better team not spending it? Lol he's so freaked out about the Williams signing he's posting nonsense. He's seeing Giants pass rush 2.0, this has really gotten into his head. Love it!

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

He's seeing Giants pass rush 2.0, this has really gotten into his head. Love it!

Excellent point. I look forward to our defense giving new life to the term "Bradying."

Goodbye old friend, you will be missed.

You sound like Tom Hanks in Apollo 13.