Kiper mock draft

Indianapolis Colts Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

St. Louis Rams Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St.

Minnesota Vikings Matt Kalil, OT, USC

Cleveland Browns Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

Washington Redskins Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

Jacksonville Jaguars Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

Carolina Panthers Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

Miami Dolphins Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

Buffalo Bills Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama

Edited by Beerball

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hightower not going in the 1st would be a cream-dream, if he somehow made it to our 2nd pick...

But I dont think he makes it past Pitt, and DEFINITELY not past Baltimore. Anyone who picks the non-producing headcase (Burfict) over Hightower is crazy, and I dont see the Ravens making that mistake. Especially when it comes to LBs.

Thinking Ingram from South Carolina would be the choice then

It's early, but that's my guy at this point...

Why would TB draft a RB at 5? They already have a good young RB who they picked up off of the scrap heap and pay next to nothing. They'll draft Claiborn at 5 to replace Talib, who won't be no the team next year.

Agreed, right now it looks like the top 5 will be (regardless of order) Luck, Blackmon, Kalil, Griffin, and Claiborne.

Hightower not going in the 1st would be a cream-dream, if he somehow made it to our 2nd pick...

But I dont think he makes it past Pitt, and DEFINITELY not past Baltimore. Anyone who picks the non-producing headcase (Burfict) over Hightower is crazy, and I dont see the Ravens making that mistake. Especially when it comes to LBs.

I actually wouldn't be shocked if Hightower lasted into the 2nd round. He's had some injury issues and wasn't really himself for much of last season. It seems like the pure LBs (i.e. non-rush LBs) that currently top the board are North Carolina's Zach Brown and Boston College's Luke Kuechly.

Pittsburgh and Baltimore are tough to predict, since they're almost always best-player-available teams.

Just my 2 cents.

Why would TB draft a RB at 5? They already have a good young RB who they picked up off of the scrap heap and pay next to nothing. They'll draft Claiborn at 5 to replace Talib, who won't be no the team next year.

Beat me to it. No way TB takes Trent Richardson They need help at LB and corner on D.

Kiper's a goofball.

Did you watch LeGarrette Blount at all this season? He was absolutely BRUTAL. They need a real RB.

I mean, they definitely need a CB. If I were their GM, that would be my move. But I could see why Richardson would be considered.

Edited by JM57

I've noticed that very few mock drafts have any TE's going in the first round. If we manage to get a good pass rusher and WR before the second round of the draft I'm all for a top TE. If Dwayne Allen, Orson Charles, or Coby Fleener is there in the 2nd round it might be an interesting situation. I'm a huge Coby Fleener fan and I think he will put up great numbers in the NFL, he's undervalued imo

I know you people won't believe it until you see it, but Courtney Upshaw will do just fine in a 4-3 defense.

I agree. I see him as a Merriman in a 34, or a John Abraham in a 43. Either way, for the small amount of time we are in our base Defense (whatever it may be), I say you take the best LB available (which would be Upshaw).

Did you watch LeGarrette Blount at all this season? He was absolutely BRUTAL. They need a real RB.

I mean, they definitely need a CB. If I were their GM, that would be my move. But I could see why Richardson would be considered.

BRUTAL? In what way? His stats are pretty good for a second year back.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13213/legarrette-blount

I saw Charles Davis had us taking Coples...

I'd rather have Upshaw over Coples, but I'd take Alshon Jeffery over both of them...And believe me I know how bad The Bills need Pass Rush...I just think Jeffery is going to be REAL special...

We'll see though...I'm usually wrong... ;)

BRUTAL? In what way? His stats are pretty good for a second year back.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13213/legarrette-blount

Brutal in the sense that his production dropped by nearly 300 yards while starting more games....had a game or two with under 50 yards. Blount's regression, IMO, helped lead to Freeman's regression in the sense he had a very poor run game to lean on .

Brutal in the sense that his production dropped by nearly 300 yards while starting more games....had a game or two with under 50 yards. Blount's regression, IMO, helped lead to Freeman's regression in the sense he had a very poor run game to lean on .

1 Game.

And the Buc's defense can be to the blame for lack of production, forcing Freeman into catch up ball. Passing. As you'll see in that link his receptions went up from his first year. Kids a down hill runner, with some speed, and a chip on his shoulder.

I'll say this. I could see them taking a RB in the later rounds, but not in the first round as goofball Kiper supposes. Their needs are like ours. Defense first.

Edited by erynthered

Who said that, where and when???

Dude.....come on man you know its happening....:)

They just dont want to tip off their defense right now...what what is to tip off we play 4-3 most of the time right now anyway. What I would like to know is how well Upshaw would do out of a 4-3 alignment as a end......

We NEED pass rush.....but Upshaw is probably the best LB in the draft across all facets of the position. But that 1st pick needs to be a stud who makes QBs sweat

It’s Ralphy boy who makes the 1st, 2nd, round picks…he always has….and he wants another RB with the first, and a Kick Returner with the second pick.

His short term memory is not what it used to be, and he has forgotten about the Spiller pick already, and does not know who Fred Jackson is, but he feels that Thurman Thomas has missed a step and probably wants more money when his contract is up……and Kelly was missing too many throws to Andre Reed….and by the way, where was Bruce this year? We didn’t have many sacks of the QB’s.

:blink:

I've noticed that very few mock drafts have any TE's going in the first round. If we manage to get a good pass rusher and WR before the second round of the draft I'm all for a top TE. If Dwayne Allen, Orson Charles, or Coby Fleener is there in the 2nd round it might be an interesting situation. I'm a huge Coby Fleener fan and I think he will put up great numbers in the NFL, he's undervalued imo

Do you think we are going to trade back into the first round?

Do you think we are going to trade back into the first round?

Honestly I think that will come down to a draft day decision so it's way too hard to predict that now. So much of it depends on what we do in free agency. If we are going to trade any kind of pick the only one I see happening is Buffalo trading back with the Bengals if Trent Richardson is still there at pick 10. (unlikely) Bengals have a 17 and I believe 21 picks in the first round so trading back and gaining an extra pick might be in the cards. Its an unlikely situation but hey, anythings possible.

San Francisco 49ers Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

Surprised he drops this far down?

We'll see how he does at the Combine and at his workouts...I think a few Scouts have visions of Mike Williams dancing in their heads when they think of Jeffery...ie...He's a big body that runs around 4.6...I think it's a mistake to underestimate the Kid...And if he suffers a Dez Bryant-like 1st Round slide some Team is going to get a hell of a bargain IMHO...I think Jeffery, like Bryant, is a special talent and has proved as much in the toughest Conference in College Football with basically nobody throwing to him for 3 years... B-)

Blackmon is head and shoulders above the rest @ WR. I could see Jeffery going after Floyd, IMHO.

I would rather have, and hope we draft, Whitney Mercilus if we take any pass rusher in Round 1.

Martin is a better OT than Reiff. Reiff is no Bryan Bulaga. Martin would settle our LT situation if we are going that route. When I see Reiff I think of Robert Gallery.

If any one could straighten out Burfict Ray Ray could , He's almost a clone of Lewis & with Ray's career starting to wind down it might be exactly what they want to do so Ray can mentor him . Energy wise they are twins !!

If any one could straighten out Burfict Ray Ray could , He's almost a clone of Lewis & with Ray's career starting to wind down it might be exactly what they want to do so Ray can mentor him . Energy wise they are twins !!

While I agree with you that if anyone can, it would be Lewis to straighten him out, the bolded is a huge insult to Ray Lewis. Lewis produced big numbers on (what was at the time) one of the country's best teams. Burfict has been MIA for all of 2011, and his lack of play-making goes all the way back to 2010.

Blackmon is head and shoulders above the rest @ WR. I could see Jeffery going after Floyd, IMHO.

I would rather have, and hope we draft, Whitney Mercilus if we take any pass rusher in Round 1.

Martin is a better OT than Reiff. Reiff is no Bryan Bulaga. Martin would settle our LT situation if we are going that route. When I see Reiff I think of Robert Gallery.

I like Jeffery better than Floyd...He's a bit bigger and IMHO he'll be a better Pro...But we'll see...I don't dislike Floyd as a player...But mainly due to the off field stuff I'm not crazy about him...And now he's not playing in the Sr Bowl? What's up with that? Jeffery has an excellent reputation as a hard worker...

I agree on on the Martin vs Reiff thing...I think Martin has a MUCH bigger upside...And I would not be surprised at all to see The Bills snag Martin at #10 assuming he's there...

If we go 4-3, I think Ingram is our guy.

Maybe but From the games I've seen they are about the same. Our First pick should Dre Kirkpatrick and hopefully with his little incident he is there at ten. I think he is a better corner than Claiborne and better than Upshaw and Ingram are their positions.

The Bills are going to continue to play a hybrid defense. Nix, Wannstadt and Gailey all downplayed a switch back to the 4-3, saying that every team in the league except for KC and Detroit plays some level of hybrid. Also, if they flat switch to a 4-3 what are they going to do with all their 3-4 players (Merriman, Edwards, Carrington, Sheppard, Moats, Batten, etc.). Kick them to the curb and fall another 2 years behind in the perpetual rebuild? Upshaw would be a player that can play 4-3 or 3-4 so he would be a logical pick, but this is all premature. Players move up and down like crazy after the combine.

I agree. I see him as a Merriman in a 34, or a John Abraham in a 43. Either way, for the small amount of time we are in our base Defense (whatever it may be), I say you take the best LB available (which would be Upshaw).

Upshaw can go 3-4 or 4-3. He plays run and pass. What's not to like. This reminds me of last year, remember J.J. Watt was not rated in the top 5 but he turned out to be every bit as good as Darius in the long run. The group at the 10-18th pick this year is too close to diffentiate at this stage, who is the BPA? it depends on what the team is trying to do.

I mean we said were basically switching back to a 4-3 sooo...

Uhhh, who said that?

I think it's a mistake to underestimate the Kid...And if he suffers a Dez Bryant-like 1st Round slide some Team is going to get a hell of a bargain IMHO...I think Jeffery, like Bryant, is a special talent and has proved as much in the toughest Conference in College Football with basically nobody throwing to him for 3 years... B-)

Maybe we have different standards but I haven't seen Bryant look like "a special talent" so far.

He does look like a major disappointment though.

I have to admit I love upshaw's diversity. He is a great fit for any 3-4 or 4-3 looks and although his speed is criticized (myself having been one of those people not too long ago) he is explosive off the snap which is so much more important than top end speed for a guy in his position.