Braylon Edwards

yep if healthy. Braylon has the talent to be a #1 and could help out our WR core tremendously. And not only that- it would free up a high pick we would otherwise need to spend on WR- and stockpile defense this draft once again. Our offense is pretty set if we can get healthy. And our D is so close. Some pass rushers and upgrades at LB would do wonders for this team

No. How about we address our needs with quality players, not castoffs that have been very inconsistent in their NFL Careers?

Because they dont want to come to Buffalo(Tyson Clabo) or the FO doesnt make a move for them.

Even Barnett, the Bills best off-season move, was a castoff from GB and signed after many of the so called 'elite' lb's were gone.

Actually I like the thought of Braylon. He's got a ton of talent and should be fired up to make people sorry they didn't believe in him. He's a big strong physical reciever with downfield speed enough to pull coverage away from Stevie. He's exactly what we need in a talent at WR. Maybe you would want someone that's more sucessful but hebreqllybhas everything we need and want. Plus he should be looking to stick it to the Jets and fat Rex 2 times a year.

I'm not saying I'd take him over Bowe, Jackson, Colston, or Meachem but if we couldn't get one of these guys because of money or because of our cities downsides, I'd say that paying Edwards similar money to Brad Smith should be able to land him based on his history.

Because they dont want to come to Buffalo(Tyson Clabo) or the FO doesnt make a move for them.

Even Barnett, the Bills best off-season move, was a castoff from GB and signed after many of the so called 'elite' lb's were gone.

Thank goodness (on both accounts).

You guys are crazy for not wanting a once good talent at WR. He's better than Parrish, Jones, Roosevelt, Smith, Aiken, and Martin combined.

He drops some occassionally passes, so does everyone. Last I checked TO was known to drop alot amd he's a 1st ballot HOFer.

The fact is that he has all the talent and physical attibutes that we really need. And he's really got something to prove going forward. As a team and a joke in the league we don't have the luxery of turning down talent anywhere. It's about time we take some chances in FAs that have chips on thier shoulders. Worst vase scenario we can use a big tall WR in red zone situations. I'd guess at worst he gets 5 TDs based on height alone. Sign me up.

1325014629[/url]' post='2346606']

braylon edwards is incredibly talented. he's also a headcase with serious character issues and inconsistent hands that doesn't play up to his potential. no thanks.

I dont know what "serious" character flaws he has. I remember him getting that DUI and getting into a few times with Lebron James but he did also do this.......

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/12/braylon-edwards-gives-10000-to-79-college-students.html

I dont know what "serious" character flaws he has. I remember him getting that DUI and getting into a few times with Lebron James but he did also do this.......

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/12/braylon-edwards-gives-10000-to-79-college-students.html

wow what a story! $790,000 towards tuition- and laptops on top of that- all on a $1 million salary. Sign Edwards already

I'll pass. Not a terribly productive player outside that anomaly of a season in 2007 with Cleveland. Also appears to have a problem with booze. I just don't see that, age, injuries and lack of productivity making for a sound investment and roster spot.

He signed a one year deal before the season with San Fran for $3.5mil.

He is 6'3 225, He attributes his poor play this year to an injured knee(which he had mid-season surgery on) and a banged up shoulder.

If you could sign him for league min plus some incentives, would you do the deal?

NO. This guy was overrated his whole career. He will occasionally make a big play, but will drop just as many (I remember one wide open pass go right off his helmet against the Bills...). What he really lacks is consistency. He also is a douche bag as a person, charity stunt aside. To top it off he is starting to have frequent injury problems, and is getting older.

If he doesn't have a place on WR starved playoff bound SF team, he doesn't have a place on the Bills...

Irrelevant, but Clabo got destroyed on a regular basis last night against a weak Saints pass rush... Just had to point that out

Edited by Turbosrrgood

yeap, imo biggest reason Jets are worse this year is swapping Edwards for Plax. Plax may be the better red zone threat, but everywhere else up and down the field Edwards has him beat. Sanchez lost a guy that bailed him out from a lot of tight spots, and Holmes is getting more attention from defenders as a result.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Edwards is on the decline -- pass. now to what really matters: where did you find that avatar picture? It made me laugh Til coffee shot out my nose

He's 28. If the injury recovery checks you'd get his best years.

Just like Merriman at 27...

I've been watching this guy since college and two words fit...overrated, and douche bag. I'll take Easley or Hagan over him, or TO again for that matter.

I submit this for consideration, his career stats

http://www.nfl.com/player/braylonedwards/2506342/profile

I don't judge solely on stats, his play has been as ugly as these stats are. But he had one fluke year of over 1000 yards, and all garbage otherwise...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Pete:

He's had more than one mistake. Booze seems to always be around. It's a trend. I don't think it is coincidence.

While he does do good works and perhaps isn't a half bad individual outside his habits, I still wouldn't pay him FA money to come here based on those habits and his lack of productivity. I think the Bills can do better.

Just like Merriman at 27...

I've been watching this guy since college and two words fit...overrated, and douche bag. I'll take Easley or Hagan over him, or TO again for that matter.

I submit this for consideration, his career stats

http://www.nfl.com/player/braylonedwards/2506342/profile

I don't judge solely on stats, his play has been as ugly as these stats are. But he had one fluke year of over 1000 yards, and all garbage otherwise...

Merrimans injury didn't check out. But hey saints sure did ok for themselves with brees and his shoulder!

Merrimans injury didn't check out. But hey saints sure did ok for themselves with brees and his shoulder!

Then just go with the stats part then...He has a proven record of disappointment... Everyone keeps saying "he's ready to break out, he's ready to break out"...he just never does.

Sure the Bills should be interested in signing him--but no way does it relieve us using a second round or third round pick on a WR. Its just like OLB -- we need several thank you -- and we need to build massive depth at both positions.

Offer him a reasonable contract laced with incentives and the chance to opt out after two years...

Idk about break out or not but I'd sure take the 900+ yards and 7 TDs he had with jets last season.

The Jets and 49'rs obviously don't feel that way... I know what you are saying, we need WR help and he's a big name...I just think the Bills can and should do better. We definitely need a solid WR to play opposite SJ, I just think that they should aim higher than him, be it through the draft or FA.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

The Jets and 49'rs obviously don't feel that way... I know what you are saying, we need WR help and he's a big name...I just think the Bills can and should do better. We definitely need a solid WR to play opposite SJ, I just think that they should aim higher than him, be it through the draft or FA.

Jets didn't think they could afford both he and Holmes, and like I said earlier I think they paid the price going w/ Plax. he got hurt w/9ers.

wow what a story! $790,000 towards tuition- and laptops on top of that- all on a $1 million salary. Sign Edwards already

Very impressive!

However, I don't trust him. I don't get a good vibe about Braylon. I've seen too many "look at me moments" and too many inconsistancies. Too many routine drops. He's not that good.

Turbo's are good but your picture is disturbing!!! lol

That being said, I'd like to sign Braylon... Lots of talent. still young, stick it to the jests.

No way. Braylon Edwards is a head-case and will NEVER make it in B-lo. Let's focus on getting Stevie, and Namaan where they need to be, and getting a QB in here that can throw to them. Offensively, our playcalling is CRAP. Our offense simply cannot score points consistently. Keeping Gailey (If that's what we do) should involve limiting his playcalling role. If the Bolts mess up and fire Norv, we should offer him the OC gig. He probably won't come here, but it's worth a try. Unlike Chan, Norv Turner is a true Genius when it comes to Offenses.

Arguably, the second most important missing peice is a genuine PASS RUSH. This is an area where we've been just AWFUL. We managed to razz Tebow, and John Beck, but those aren't exactly names a defense should hang their hats on. We need a new Strength & conditioning coach, and a new 4-3 DC in here, by spring OTA's. Also, while re-tooling our D, we should make some changes in the secondary too. Byrd ain't the word, and Dray hasn't exactly performed like a doctor lately. We should off-load those two any way we can and start re-building that entire unit.