Braylon Edwards

I dont know what "serious" character flaws he has. I remember him getting that DUI and getting into a few times with Lebron James but he did also do this.......

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/12/braylon-edwards-gives-10000-to-79-college-students.html

Didn't he also have an incident with a barfight this offseason. Someone bumped into him in his hometown and after he got into it with the guy one of braylons posse stabbed him with a fork?

Guy has a laundry list of incidents, many involving alcohol (to speak to another posters denial)

wow what a story! $790,000 towards tuition- and laptops on top of that- all on a $1 million salary. Sign Edwards already

Great story. Given his cut in pay I'm glad he followed through. I'm sure he expected a lot more cash in his pocket by the time he had to pay out. Has his issues, and I'd pass on my team but.... Not all bad.

Jets didn't think they could afford both he and Holmes, and like I said earlier I think they paid the price going w/ Plax. he got hurt w/9ers.

Exactly...

Let's not get carried away Folks...The Jets could not afford to re-sign him, and then he got hurt in San Fran...

Look at Edwards big catch at the end of that Indy Playoff Game as evidence enough of what the Jets thought of him and his ability to make a clutch catch...

Look, I'm a Michigan Fan and admittedly biased...But if Edwards is healthy Buffalo is the perfect spot for him...Assuming they re-sign Stevie of coarse...Edwards will likely get a one year offer to resurrect his value...He'll get a chance to get back at The Jets and he should compliment this WR group REAL well...This is the type of deal The Bills can and will make...Because lets face it, they are not going to break the bank for Vincent Jackson or Dwayne Bowe any time soon...Edwards will come cheap for a year and he'll be plenty motivated... B-)

He signed a one year deal before the season with San Fran for $3.5mil.

He is 6'3 225, He attributes his poor play this year to an injured knee(which he had mid-season surgery on) and a banged up shoulder.

If you could sign him for league min plus some incentives, would you do the deal?

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly...

Let's not get carried away Folks...The Jets could not afford to re-sign him, and then he got hurt in San Fran...

Look at Edwards big catch at the end of that Indy Playoff Game as evidence enough of what the Jets thought of him and his ability to make a clutch catch...

Look, I'm a Michigan Fan and admittedly biased...But if Edwards is healthy Buffalo is the perfect spot for him...Assuming they re-sign Stevie of coarse...Edwards will likely get a one year offer to resurrect his value...He'll get a chance to get back at The Jets and he should compliment this WR group REAL well...This is the type of deal The Bills can and will make...Because lets face it, they are not going to break the bank for Vincent Jackson or Dwayne Bowe any time soon...Edwards will come cheap for a year and he'll be plenty motivated... B-)

Ummm you say all that as if it even is common enough to call a week 15 cut rare. It just doesn't happen. Ever. Especially to a vet... at a position of need.

He is 6'3 225, He attributes his poor play this year to an injured knee(which he had mid-season surgery on) and a banged up shoulder.

If you could sign him for league min plus some incentives, would you do the deal?

Him and Stevie DROP too many balls....Shows a lack of concentration...especially at big moments in the game...If you can get a coaching staff to correct that, then yes.

Him and Stevie DROP too many balls....Shows a lack of concentration...especially at big moments in the game...If you can get a coaching staff to correct that, then yes.

Boom, this is it ^. Stone hands.

Is Braylon better than Jones when healthy? Maybe (Jones sucks). Is this the guy we want to try and build a young team around? HELL NO.

There is a reason he was only making 1 mil this year...even though the Jets supposedly couldn't afford that according to some of his defenders (they signed plaxico to a 1 year 3 mil contract, and Mason was given a contract paying 1.3 this year). Bottom line is, the Jets didn't want Edwards, for good reason. The 49ers obviously didn't want him either, even though he is active, they are entering a playoff race, and have virtually NO other talent at WR. Harbaugh's comments say it all, saying that Edwards performance in practice and on the field led to the decision (Edwards also had been complaining about how he was used, thats what struggling WR's do...).

He is a known quantity at this point in his career. If the Bills won't pony up for a REAL WR this offseason, then they should target one in the draft...Not this loser.

My point is this is a mediocre guy, known to have a bad attitude.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Just like Merriman at 27...

I've been watching this guy since college and two words fit...overrated, and douche bag. I'll take Easley or Hagan over him, or TO again for that matter.

I submit this for consideration, his career stats

http://www.nfl.com/player/braylonedwards/2506342/profile

I don't judge solely on stats, his play has been as ugly as these stats are. But he had one fluke year of over 1000 yards, and all garbage otherwise...

Because Easley has shown he can stay healthy?

And he has proven squat,

why?

he has had one good year in his career and 3 teams have now given up on him so something is going on there

it will never happen but i would love to see the Bills go after Colston in the offseason

Edited by Max997

No thanks...2012 potential free agents are littered with quality WR talent...One guy I'd keep an eye on is Robert Meachum...NO has 5 starting offensive players that will be FA's in 2012 (more likely 4 as they'll get a deal done with Brees sooner than later), including Colston, who will be a priority there. They also have Lance Moore and Meachum may end up a cap casualty. The guys is a legit deep threat and runs really good routes...a great WR and would be an awesome pick up IMHO.

Edited by Armchair GM

Ummm you say all that as if it even is common enough to call a week 15 cut rare. It just doesn't happen. Ever. Especially to a vet... at a position of need.

You speculating or you know something?...Just asking because I have no idea...And I don't really care to be honest...

And I did not say anything about why he got cut, or that it's common...Or anything like that...So I'm not sure where you're going with this...Outside of something that is law breaking or suspension worthy would it make Edwards any less of a fit for The Bills? Assuming they are not going to go out and pay top dollar for a UFA WR outside of Stevie? B-)

Because Easley has shown he can stay healthy?

And he has proven squat,

No, you are missing the point. They are already on the Bills, and at least have potential. Edwards is a known quantity. If you are going to bring someone in, bring someone in that gives you an upgrade, not just more mediocre talent. And with the case of Edwards it comes with a bad attitude as well... Bringing in a trashy player who has basically been a disappointment his entire pro career will not help us get better. If we are going to sign FA's, let's sign good ones, if not, just build through the draft.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Edwards has all the talent in the world but in his world, he is Fitzgerald. He trashed Cleveland after he left so I imagine he won't be thrilled with Buffalo. He is also very inconsistent and has huge drops.

IMO, there is a guy in the draft who could easily put up the #s Edwards (one 1,000 yard season in his career I believe) did with much less headache.

No. How about we address our needs with quality players, not castoffs that have been very inconsistent in their NFL

Sounds great............ Wait the entire team is cast offs who have been inconsistent in their careers starting with the qb and pears. Then there is the entire wr corp. Follow through with merriman. This entire team is cast offs. He ha to be better then jones, easley, parrish, martin, hagan, maybe nelson.

I remember liking him a lot - in college. I haven't really folllowed his career - I was concerned when he was with NYJ - but injuries made him a non-factor more than not.

If he's over the injuries and can contribute - then bring him in. If he's just a candidate for our IR List - forget it, move on.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!! that was my 250th post . . . .

and I wasted it on Braylon Edwards!! :doh: