Is Ralph or other people in the Bills FO racist?

mike oxhurtz

Is this a new Crayonz gimmick? This isnt a serious poster, right?

No. I'm not serious about this stuff. Honestly, I was just bored and wanted to see how many people would respond. I figured this would be a change of pace, compared to the current state of doom & gloom most of us are in.

I do hope that Stevie Johnson & Fred Jackson get contract extensions in the offseason.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can add Jason Peters, Jabari Greer, Winfield, & Fred Jackson all to that list.

So you're saying Chris Kelsay is worth the last contract extension?

Well, yeah! He's white! And he has a high motor!

Add Maybin and me to the list of black players Ralphie hates.

Damn crackers always trying to keep a brother down.

And really...what's up with that? Just trading black players back and forth as though they're property? And to Baltimore, south of the Mason-Dixon? To a slave state, of all places!

Clearly, the Bills aren't just racist, they oppressively racist, treating their black players like chattel. I just hope that the Ravens have enough decency to emancipate Evans...

That's funny!!

That is an accusation that makes no sense at all and is hardly worth talking about other than to make fun of it, however, if I was fox news, I would interview Bills executives and use this "rumor" to justify asking questions like "Some people are saying that race is a factor in your contract negotiations, what steps are you taking to eliminate that kind of racism?"

The only thing the Bills consider when it comes to contract extensions is to re-up the marginally talented and let the best go because its better to overpay a mediocre player than to overpay a talented player.

It's the same inspired philosophy and savvy business acumen that made Kruger Industrial Smoothing a global leader in stagnation. "We don't care, and it shows."

Well, yeah! He's white! And he has a high motor!

Add Maybin and me to the list of black players Ralphie hates.

Damn crackers always trying to keep a brother down.

:lol:

That is an accusation that makes no sense at all and is hardly worth talking about other than to make fun of it, however, if I was fox news, I would interview Bills executives and use this "rumor" to justify asking questions like "Some people are saying that race is a factor in your contract negotiations, what steps are you taking to eliminate that kind of racism?"

The only thing the Bills consider when it comes to contract extensions is to re-up the marginally talented and let the best go because its better to overpay a mediocre player than to overpay a talented player.

It's the same inspired philosophy and savvy business acumen that made Kruger Industrial Smoothing a global leader in stagnation. "We don't care, and it shows."

Believe it or not, I had a Bills fan say that to me (Ralph is racist).

In the short term the guy has a point...

Kelsay, Fitz, Williams, and now Pears. Meanwhile Fred and Stevie are on the back burner. When you look at the ratio of African American players vs white players, seems a little odd.

I'm sorry but on the topic of Fred. Is he underpaid? No doubt about it. Did Anyone (other than possibly his agent) hold a gun to his head when he signed his last extension??

It's argued to death here but. Fred is 30, under contract for 2012. Buddy said he will take care of him. or so i read here somewhere. Along with Fred I expect him to be back next year

ripping it up again. You have to hope he gets a deal done. Speaking of a positive locker room guy, is there a better one that Fred jackson? I would argue no.

Stevie Johnson. Sorry, he's a good but not great #2 on most NFL teams. I say this again. Has Stevie won games for us? Is he Clutch? As a GM that's one of the big things I would be looking at when some guy reportedly is seeking 9+ Million per season. Is losing him the end of the world for the Bills? No. Some here like his showboating. I don't I lived in the SF bay area during the TO years. he made some huge clutch plays along with his fair share of drops. As I remember his antics, not his ball skills got him dumped from at least 2 SUPER BOWL quality teams. Imagine Johnson enjoying even moderate success on this team. I do not believe his head would fit through the locker room door. Not good IMO. As for the chemistry between him and Fitz. Yea great Fitz really throws with a lot of heat on a 10 yard slant. Too bad the entire league figured out our division 2 quality college spread offense.

As for the racial remarks on Ralph or anyone else within the "brain" trust. What a crock!! Bruce complained every year. Ralph paid him. I never ever heard Thurman, Talley, Reed, Bennett, any of them complain about their salaries other than the usual contract banter. Did Hull, Kelly Beebe, get preferred treatment? No. Knock this first grade trolling off.

This bull started around the time they paid Schobel, yea Kelsay is a white guy who happens to be overpaid for his contributions. Big deal. Every team in professional sports has such a player.

No. I'm not serious about this stuff. Honestly, I was just bored and wanted to see how many people would respond. I figured this would be a change of pace, compared to the current state of doom & gloom most of us are in.

I do hope that Stevie Johnson & Fred Jackson get contract extensions in the offseason.

oh.

my.

gawd.

you post this as a "change of pace," raising serious accusations such as "racism" and then giggling away as the board responds to your infantile, silly, foolish musings.

you are either delusional or unconsciously naive, and perhaps both. the joke's on us, i guess, and yet no one with any reasonable sense of shame is laughing.

you, sir, are a fool.

jw

What can I say, I find stuff from the Howard Stern show to be funny.

Maybe since you and Jerry Jabber are so close, you can talk him into changing his screen name to something like "8kingFagina"

This is going to be a controversial topic, I know, but I was wondering when the last time a non-white Bills player got a big contract extension?

We've seen players like Schobel, Kelsay, Fitzpatrick and K. Williams (he definitely deserved it) all get good contract extensions. But, they couldn't give extensions to Jason Peters, let Jabari Greer walk, Antoine Winfield, and now Stevie Johnson (as contract talks broke off, because the team couldn't come close on numbers with Johnson's camp).

Is this just a coincedence or is someone (or some people) not willing to pay non-white Bills players a large payday?

Yah, there seems to be a slight double standard in the way they handled the "Fitzfranchise" situation. Then again, they paid Brad Smith a nice chunk of change to do basically nothing.

I've come to the conclusion that Ralph is really a Firengi merchant from Deep Space Nine.

He only cares for, and about his bottom line. In his greed, however, he often makes impulse purchases, or buys products he cannot use. IMHO he needs to either replace Fitz with an android, or surround himself with a better galactic trade federation. Just sayin'. :blink:

Edited by #34fan

Ralph is really a Firengi merchant from Deep Space Nine.

He only cares for, and about his bottom line. In his greed, however, he often makes impulse purchases, or buys products he cannot use. IMHO he needs to either replace Fitz with an android, or surround himself with a better galactic trade federation. Just sayin'. :blink:

*NERD ALERT*

oh.

my.

gawd.

you post this as a "change of pace," raising serious accusations such as "racism" and then giggling away as the board responds to your infantile, silly, foolish musings.

you are either delusional or unconsciously naive, and perhaps both. the joke's on us, i guess, and yet no one with any reasonable sense of shame is laughing.

you, sir, are a fool.

jw

He's certainly addressed that charge of being "infantile"... :rolleyes:

*NERD ALERT*

A nerd on the internet. That almost never happens.

Although a true nerd wouldn't have misspelled "Ferengi," or mixed his Star Wars/Star Trek metaphor. :wallbash:

LOL

Hey, I read that post and found four different mistakes in it right off the bat. How do you think that's making me feel about myself right about now?

Star Wars and Star Trek get altogether too much play in the perception of nerds anyway. We Simpsons nerds are pathetic sexless obsessives too ya know. :unsure:

As though there's no cross-over.

"Fifty quatloos on the newcomer."

Hey, I read that post and found four different mistakes in it right off the bat. How do you think that's making me feel about myself right about now?

LOL, what makes that even funnier is that I don't think you're even kidding! :lol:

LOL, what makes that even funnier is that I don't think you're even kidding! :lol:

I'm not. "Ferengi impulse buys? Ferengi don't impulse buy, it's against their Rules of Acquisition. And what do androids have to do with anything Ferengi? And what's with this Galactic Trade Federation crap, that's from The Phantom Blemish!"

I'm not. "Ferengi impulse buys? Ferengi don't impulse buy, it's against their Rules of Acquisition. And what do androids have to do with anything Ferengi? And what's with this Galactic Trade Federation crap, that's from The Phantom Blemish!"

:lol: This is like overhearing someone at comic-con or a Trekker convention....real serious look on their face, making hand gestures, while some pro-Romulan Trekkie waits to offer up a counterpoint :doh:

According to all the Evans lovers that were pissed when he got traded, he was only making $3 million a year, not $9 million a year.

The dreaded "per year" vs "this year"

Words and numbers can be confusing. You should stick to race relations.

Not hard to picture Ralph Questioning a GM's players choice with a "where's the profit?" remark though.

:lol: This is like overhearing someone at comic-con or a Trekker convention....real serious look on their face, making hand gestures, while some pro-Romulan Trekkie waits to offer up a counterpoint :doh:

[/quote

Sheesh, you guys really took that and ran with it.

Makes me glad I didn't mention "Queer eye for the straight guy." -Hate to think who might have chimed in then.

Anyway, live long and prosper.

Get LAID too, of course. :nana:

Edited by #34fan

oh yea,i always watch the black outdoors channel right after homeboys fishing network and inner city lumberjacks. just kidding ha ha

Dude that's awesome :worthy::lol: :lol:

Yeah, my name is Tyrone Shuz.

Wow, look at how great Shitspatrick has been doing since that extension! What are you, a South Buffalo Irish prick?

That's if you think every person on earth believes in a Christian god.

Talk to the man in charge, when he renamed the Christmas trees "Holiday Trees".

There is only one Christian God and the holiday is Christ-mas so the "man" can take a hike as everyone is still going to call them Christmas trees.

Dude that's awesome :worthy::lol: :lol:

There is only one Christian God and the holiday is Christ-mas so the "man" can take a hike as everyone is still going to call them Christmas trees.

Of course, "Christmas" trees were adopted from the Druidic celebrations of the winter solstice.

But hey, if you want to celebrate your "Christ mass" with pagan rituals, more power to you...

Not to add fuel to the OP fire, but I heard Howard Simon, referring to this thread, earlier this morning. He said (and remember, this is him saying it, not me) that a player agent, for a Buffalo Bills player (wouldn't say which player) had intimated that there was a perception amongst some players and agents that the Bills may be racially motivated in the way they deal with some players. Now, you might think Howard Simon is a dip-****, and the GR guys know nothing about the Bills (could all be true), but it was interesting to hear him say that.

Edited by Buftex

oh.

my.

gawd.

you, sir, are a fool.

jw

Indeed.

Not to add fuel to the OP fire, but I heard Howard Simon, referring to this thread, earlier this morning. He said (and remember, this is him saying it, not me) that a player agent, for a Buffalo Bills player (wouldn't say which player) had intimated that there was a perception amongst some players and agents that the Bills may be racially motivated in the way they deal with some players. Now, you might think Howard Simon is a dip-****, and the GR guys know nothing about the Bills (could all be true), but it was interesting to hear him say that.

I think it speaks volumes that the "professionals" at WGR troll message boards for material. Your post is more of an indictment of Howard Simon than the Bills FO. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the information and a good post. I don't agree with the OP, or his exact sentiments, but there is a lot of evidence for professional sports teams- I'm not saying the Bills, necessarily- signing white players to draw attendance. If any of you follow the NBA, the Pacers were seen, including by major news outlets like ESPN, as having a predominantly white team to appeal to the fan base. I'm not saying that Buffalo is racist in the way they handle their signings. Nevertheless, it is undeniable that sports franchises, particularly in blue-collar, predominantly white regions, have a financial interest in signing white players.

I think it speaks volumes that the "professionals" at WGR troll message boards for material. Your post is more of an indictment of Howard Simon than the Bills FO. :thumbsup:

Really, you bash on them because they are trying to keep up with what people, who are fans of the local team, have to say. Your post is an indictment of your lack of logic. Would you prefer that they talk about something that doesn't pertain to the local area at all? They are a local radio show after all.

Really, you bash on them because they are trying to keep up with what people, who are fans of the local team, have to say. Your post is an indictment of your lack of logic. Would you prefer that they talk about something that doesn't pertain to the local area at all? They are a local radio show after all.

No, I prefer that they, as the professionals with greater access, inform us and give the fans good topics to talk about. As opposed to having us do their work for them.

This was a "joke thread" out of boredom as admitted by the OP. Yet it gets airtime.

He supposedly refers to an anonymous agent for an anonymous player. If that is true, why didnt he start talking about it before the stupid thread?

I understand that a number of topics will be generated by fans. It is talk radio after all. I just think pulling crap from message boards is lame and lazy.