Rodgers Love

judman

As I watch Rodgers throw his 26th TD pass. I realize there are two differences between Fitz and Rodgers.

1) ARM Strength- Compared to Rodgers Fitz has a "NOODLE ARM"

2) Receivers- Green Bay's fourth wide reciever is better than our first three WRs.Even Cobb the rookie is better!!!! Forget about Tight end.Their TE is all world.Rodgers even throws to the fullback now and then ...What a novel idea.....

The difference between a WINNING TEAM AND A LOSING TEAM....

As I watch Rodgers throw his 26th TD pass. I realize there are two differences between Fitz and Rodgers.

1) ARM Strength- Compared to Rodgers Fitz has a "NOODLE ARM"

2) Receivers- Green Bay's fourth wide reciever is better than our first three WRs.Even Cobb the rookie is better!!!! Forget about Tight end.Their TE is all world.Rodgers even throws to the fullback now and then ...What a novel idea.....

The difference between a WINNING TEAM AND A LOSING TEAM....

The Bills are 5-4 last I checked that's still above .500 but semantics. I guess all we need is undoubtedly a future hall of fame quarterback, and someone who will probably go down as one of the greatest to ever play the game. Should be easy to find :rolleyes:

Not to bring up past history but I remember after trading up to draft JP Losman, Tom Donahoe stated his decision was partly based on his analysis of the QB talent pool that would be available in the following year's draft as well. He traded with Dallas to draft JP before Green Bay which was rumored to want Losman as well. As fate would have it, the Bills got JP that year and the Packers got Rodgers the following year. Ain't that the mother of all bitches. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Not to bring up past history but I remember after trading up to draft JP Losman, Tom Donahoe stated his decision was partly based on his analysis of the QB talent pool that would be available in the following year's draft as well. He traded with Dallas to draft JP before Green Bay which was rumored to want Losman as well. As fate would have it, the Bills got JP that year and the Packers got Rodgers the following year. Ain't that the mother of all bitches. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

And also, in case anyone forgot, 9/11 happened. So just to remind everyone of horrible things that have indeed happened and will happen again in the future. Thanks Mr. Wonderful for spearheading this initiative.

Rodger has that unique ball flight and the wheels and the mind etc...the cold veins....the desire...they could easily be our forever overloards come the end of the season. BUT we've ween this before. Hell it would be ironic for the Pats D to get to average and beat them in the bowl

One of the things I noticed about Aaron Radgers last night is his pocket awareness. The Vikes brought plenty of pressure and Rodgers took a few sacks. But he knew exactly when and where it was coming. He deftly threw the ball away, or protected himself and the ball, every time. Nothing surprised him. He makes the right decision every time. Rodgers is head and shoulders above any other QB in the league right now.

Fitzpatrick never seems to see the freight train barreling down on him - and he takes very hard hits because of it. I'm surprised Fitz made it out of Dallas without an injury.

Apparently at practice this week they were able to do timing routes with the WR's without the Wr's looking at the football BUT the shadow of the football. Now that is taking football to the next level. If you watch a lot of Packers game, his throws are un defensible on the back shoulder. As an offense they have mastered this.

I still think Brady is the best QB in the game, however the combination of Rodgers and his receivers are the best.

Not Jealous.... Just frustrated.. This team hasn't had a great draft in years,can't go out and get good free agents and can't win....

That and Green Bay is considered a "small market" franchise that somehow has made it all work. So Bills fans can't even use that excuse...

To go from Favre right to Rodgers...Green Bay fans are blessed. I don't think we have to go thru the reh-tard rodeo we've had a QB since Kelly left. Now we're at the point that we're just satisfied we have an average QB in Fitzpatrick.

I try and get Rodgers on my fantasy team every year.

The packers offense is fun to watch, he puts up monster stats and more importantly isnt a d-bag like Brady or Manning

Edited by Max997

I try and get Rodgers on my fantasy team every year.

The packers offense is fun to watch, he puts up monster stats and more importantly isnt a d-bag like Brady or Manning

You know his teammates love him too. The fact they went out and bought him a WWE championship belt to present him with during the SB presentation shows how in tune with him they are.

I am a massive A-Rodge fan. It helps that he was following that insufferable ego-maniac Brett Favre which makes him even more likable to me.

He has all the tools and he knows how to use them. I still shake my head that he "fell" to Green Bay.

I'm not trying to take anything away from AR who has been amazing this year. But all QBs who play in this era shoudl have a giant * next to their names. This is the not the same game that was played 15 years ago. It is a glorified flag football/ 7 on 7 league. You can't touch the QB or it's 15 yards. A defensive back can't breath on a receiver or it's 15 yards. Receivers are allowed to run completely free over the middle without any type of fear.

Rodgers is a really good QB. But I seriously doubt he'd be putting up this numbers in the Kelly/ Marino and older eras.

I'm not trying to take anything away from AR who has been amazing this year. But all QBs who play in this era shoudl have a giant * next to their names. This is the not the same game that was played 15 years ago. It is a glorified flag football/ 7 on 7 league. You can't touch the QB or it's 15 yards. A defensive back can't breath on a receiver or it's 15 yards. Receivers are allowed to run completely free over the middle without any type of fear.

Rodgers is a really good QB. But I seriously doubt he'd be putting up this numbers in the Kelly/ Marino and older eras.

I just watched Fitz get pummeled Sunday. Ask him if he thinks it was like flag football. Dumb comment often repeated.

DB's get away with plenty (a single DB on the Jets inspired his own thread on this board 2 weeks ago). Seems like every week a receiver is leaving the game with a concussion after taking a helmet to helmet when going over the middle.

LAte hits and head to head hits and cheap shots to the QB are being called more than they have in the past, but that doesn't help the QB complete a pass--the flags come after the pass. In '78, the first rule change to affect the DBs (and therefore the QBs, as you say) was passed. Before then a DB could do whatever he wanted to a WR until the ball was in the air. The new rule stated the DB could have a single contact beyond 5 yards and befroe the ball was in the air. I don't remember Marino or Elway complaining back then when they were racking up 4000-5000 yards after that change. The 2004 rule change simply eliminated that single contact after 5 yards. PI is still PI once the ball is in the air--no change there.

The game itself has changed--the offensive scheme has evolved even more as a passing game, not just because of rule changes. Kelley threw for over 3500 yards only twice. He attempted over 475 passes only once. Last year 14 QBs had that many attempts. Brady and Brees will have over 3500 in a week or two. Back then, you could complete only 58% of your passes and still be in the top 10 for accuracy. Outside of a few, the QBs were not nearly as good at passing as they are (on average) now--58% completion percentage barely cracks the top 25.

Relax, hard guy. It's not really flag football, no matter how many times you read or write that.

I am a massive A-Rodge fan. It helps that he was following that insufferable ego-maniac Brett Favre which makes him even more likable to me.

Frankly, I think Rodgers now is better than Favre ever was in Favre's prime.

He basically has all of the same tools that Favre had, except he's more mobile and about 10 times better in terms of his decision-making.

i am kind of fascinated by the way he plays. it looks so effortless. like when montana broke on the scene. its not like you can´t believe what he just did but more like: hey, why doesn´t everybody do it that way. because it looks so easy. his release, his accuracy, unreal.

and i am pretty sure that if he stays healthy, he may go to the hall as the best ever. still see him sit at the draft..............

At this moment in time, he's playing the position of quarterback better than anyone has in the history of the NFL. Not saying that it will hold up or that he will go down as the greatest ever, but at this moment, I'm not sure if there's ever been anyone better than he is right now. He's like Neo in the Matrix. His overall package of skills is just way beyond everyone else at this point.

Of the things which have happened to the Bills franchise over the last ten years, that was the single most painful. :cry:

Aaron Rodgers is a modern Day Steve Young. He gets the same knocks "Plays with all this talent, following a legend" etc etc etc and has the same skill set. Mobility, arm strength, pocket awareness and makes it look so effortless. Probably the best player to watch in The NFL

Aaron Rodgers is a modern Day Steve Young. He gets the same knocks "Plays with all this talent, following a legend" etc etc etc and has the same skill set. Mobility, arm strength, pocket awareness and makes it look so effortless. Probably the best player to watch in the NFL

Fixed. :thumbsup:

Edited by Edwards' Arm

He's the best QB of the recent era. Meaning since they started protecting QB's and opened-up the passing game.

Rodgers was heading to an early retirement prior to this seasons heightened emphasis on protecting "defenseless" offensive players. He has accumulated a number of scary concussions......but may never suffer another now. Packers fans can rejoice a championship career that almost never was.

I like the protection of QB's. It levels the playing field a bit, because in the past you not only had to find a good passer, but also a real tough, durable guy to fill that position. Now......you could draft a Jim Everitt-type and he might actually win you a Super Bowl one day.

Of the things which have happened to the Bills franchise over the last ten years, that was the single most painful. :cry:

The biggest near miss was Roethlisberger. He would have been the perfect QB for the team who had nothing AKA the 2000's Bills. He is a one-man offensive identity for a team.

The Bills didn't have the line or offensive coaching to support Rodgers. As mentioned above, Rodgers is a Deacon Jones head-slap away from early retirement.....even though he rode pine behind Favre and inherited a championship quality roster. In Buffalo? He may have concussed out of the league in his rookie season.

He's just having that once-in-a-lifetime season (or for Brady twice, '07, and '10). He played only a little above average in the first half of last year, then all of the sudden he hit this hit streak that carried through the playoffs into this season. We shall see how long it lasts, but so far he's the best in the league this year. Brady is still better overall, but he obviously has a much larger body of work.

Brett Favre: He took over the team that I made.

Tom Brady took over the team that Bledsoe had too but that doesn't change the fact that you need the rest of the offense to be there to have a QB excel. See Matt Cassel when he was on NE.

If you have a dominate OL and receivers that can get open, you only need an average QB to win games.

I'm not saying either of them are average, well, Cassel is below average, but when you have all the parts, it's just another cog in the gears.

Edited by The Wiz

Rodgers was heading to an early retirement prior to this seasons heightened emphasis on protecting "defenseless" offensive players. He has accumulated a number of scary concussions......but may never suffer another now. Packers fans can rejoice a championship career that almost never was.

I like the protection of QB's. It levels the playing field a bit, because in the past you not only had to find a good passer, but also a real tough, durable guy to fill that position. Now......you could draft a Jim Everitt-type and he might actually win you a Super Bowl one day.

The biggest near miss was Roethlisberger. He would have been the perfect QB for the team who had nothing AKA the 2000's Bills. He is a one-man offensive identity for a team.

The Bills didn't have the line or offensive coaching to support Rodgers. As mentioned above, Rodgers is a Deacon Jones head-slap away from early retirement.....even though he rode pine behind Favre and inherited a championship quality roster. In Buffalo? He may have concussed out of the league in his rookie season.

You've raised an interesting question. On the one hand, Rodgers is clearly a better QB than Roethlisberger. (Not to take anything away from Roethlisberger.) But had Rodgers' career ended prematurely due to concussions, he would not have been the right QB for the Bills.

I'd argue that over the last few years, Green Bay's offensive line has typically been as bad as, or worse than, the OL the Bills have had. While both teams OLs' have generally consisted of chopped liver, Green Bay's OL was smelly chopped liver, chopped into smaller pieces than the Bills' OL.

But! Rodgers spent the first few years of his career on the bench, which is a very good place to avoid concussions. Had he been a Bill, he would have become a starter in his first or second year in the league; and his head would have taken that much more of a pounding. Maybe those additional years of pounding and concussions would have ended his career prematurely, as you suggest.

Rodger has that unique ball flight and the wheels and the mind etc...the cold veins....the desire...they could easily be our forever overloards come the end of the season. BUT we've ween this before. Hell it would be ironic for the Pats D to get to average and beat them in the bowl

I would rather see Rodgers elected president of Earth than to see Brady win another super bowl