Bills sign WR Tim Toone to practice squad

papazoid

Toone was the 255th and final selection of the 2010 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions, thus earning the moniker Mr. Irrelevant.[1] On September 4, 2010, Toone was one of the final cuts as Detroit reduced its roster to the 53-man limit. However, the Lions re-signed Toone to their practice squad the next day.[2]

Toone was placed on the practice squad's injured reserve due to an undisclosed injury on October 7, 2010.[3] He was re-signed to a future contract on January 5, 2011. Toone was waived during final cuts on September 3, and re-signed to the Lions' practice squad on September 21. The Lions released Toone again on September 27, 2011.

Date of birth: February 14, 1985 (age 26)

Place of birth: Peoria, Arizona

Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)

Weight: 185 lb (84 kg)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Toone

He's a decent ball players. Great speed and acceleration. Good fit in the slot. He's been compared to Welker, mostly drawing those comparisons due to height. I like the addition as it may lead up to Aiken being promoted.

i hope kamar gets called up he actually is probably the only one on our roster with #2 potential, more so then jones even

You're saying you evaluated Kamar to be more valuable than Jones, Easley, Roosevelt, and Martin? You think the Bills brass whiffed on Kamar 4 times over?

Toone was the 255th and final selection of the 2010 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions, thus earning the moniker Mr. Irrelevant.[1] On September 4, 2010, Toone was one of the final cuts as Detroit reduced its roster to the 53-man limit. However, the Lions re-signed Toone to their practice squad the next day.[2]

Toone was placed on the practice squad's injured reserve due to an undisclosed injury on October 7, 2010.[3] He was re-signed to a future contract on January 5, 2011. Toone was waived during final cuts on September 3, and re-signed to the Lions' practice squad on September 21. The Lions released Toone again on September 27, 2011.

He seems like a perfect fit for the Bills "no-name" WR corps. He'll be a probowler by seasons end.

Love it! :thumbsup:

The Bills have never had a 'Mister Irrelevant' - should fit right in with our group of under-the-radar stars...

youtube.com/watch?v=yrFeciiS_Uw

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!!! B-)

I think the interview with Toone at the end of that clip is epic. Did they just grab a guy from the stands and replace his beer with a microphone? "Get out there and start talking to Toone!"

Kamar Aiken to the 53 man roster next?

Sounds like we got a winner! Is he there to replace Kamar when he gets called up? Detroit is deep at WR, but they didn't see enough in him to keep him on the PS.

Same birthday as Jim Kelly -- it must mean SOMETHING!!

And did anyone come off the Practice Squad for Toone?

from Chris Brown press release:

To make room on the practice squad for Toone, the Bills released DB Brandon Bing.

With respect to the 53-man roster I wouldn’t anticipate a move this week. I think the Bills are going to assess their options and how well they fare offensively against the Giants and then go into the bye week and re-assess everything.

A great watch and write up on this guy

How is he not a typical Buffalo "misfit"?

His nick name is Tarzan

Modest guy who hasn't had the easier route. 4.42 speed, punt returner, 90 and 95 yard tds, and 80 catches both years. Wes Welker anyone?

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/04/24/tim-toone-10-facts-about-mr-irrelevant/

Did we have an opening on the Practice Squad or did we release someone?

A great watch and write up on this guy

How is he not a typical Buffalo "misfit"?

His nick name is Tarzan

Modest guy who hasn't had the easier route. 4.42 speed, punt returner, 90 and 95 yard tds, and 80 catches both years. Wes Welker anyone?

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/04/24/tim-toone-10-facts-about-mr-irrelevant/

Don Beebe II

Not unless we cut or IR somebody.

PTR

Cut Ruvell now!

As for Tim Toone, I can hear the chorus of "Toooooooone" already! Has a certain ring to it. I'll take him over Roscoe if he can learn to stay healthy. Tarzan can be our waterbug.

Big Sky Conference in the house!!!

I love how everyone immediately compares him to other white receivers.

Well you can't compare him to Al Toon, that's for sure!

Lets hope he turns out to be our Wes Welker.

Big Sky Conference in the house!!!

I love how everyone immediately compares him to other white receivers.

The only white receiver comparison is Welker and if he is half that then I'm all for it.

I don't like it. This guy could ruin the team's chemistry. We don't need such a high draft pick looking down his nose at our undrafted guys.

+1 :devil:

And think of his fans. Once they get to buying billboards all across Western NY demanding that Chan put him in the game. :ph34r: