Hank Jr. apology

Well, well, well, turns out Hank acknowledges he took things juuuusst a littttle tooooo far.

Ooops

jw

“The thought of the leaders of both parties jukin and high fiven on a golf course, while so many families are struggling to get by simply made me boil over and make a dumb statement,” Williams said. “I am very sorry if it offended anyone.”

Which one was jukin and which one was high fiven? Frankly I can barely imagine Boehner being physically capable of a high five and the jukin thing is out of the question much like Eileen from Seinfeld dancing.

When I clicked on this link I thought for sure he was apologizing for continuing to record. This sure is a let down.

Well, well, well, turns out Hank acknowledges he took things juuuusst a littttle tooooo far.

Ooops

jw

Personally, I would have gone with "But I was comparing Boehner to Hitler". Just to see how many people responded "Oh...well, that's okay. Pretty perceptive, really."

And by the way - it would be nothing like Hitler and Netanyahoo golfing. Hitler had a MUCH worse handicap than Obama does.

Edited by DC Tom

Personally, I would have gone with "But I was comparing Boehner to Hitler". Just to see how many people responded "Oh...well, that's okay. Pretty perceptive, really."

And by the way - it would be nothing like Hitler and Netanyahoo golfing. Hitler had a MUCH worse handicap than Obama does.

Plus the time machine is not needed for Boehner and Obama.

Napoleon had a great short game.

If ESPN hadn't pulled him, he'd have stood his ground. His "apology" is anything but. It's just a bunch of excuses. I thought his contract was up anyway - they probably want him gone because face it Faith Hill looks and sings 100x better than that old burned out doper.

Looks like someone just realized his meal ticket is gone.

This^^

Wow, I expected more integrity from HW on this one? My gawd it's not like he actually said what the media said he said..

stay strong against PC folks, it is going to kill our country if it hasn't already..

Tim-

If ESPN hadn't pulled him, he'd have stood his ground. His "apology" is anything but. It's just a bunch of excuses. I thought his contract was up anyway - they probably want him gone because face it Faith Hill looks and sings 100x better than that old burned out doper.

Looks, but not sings. Williams is much better musically. There isn't even a debate.

Maybe he should get drunk and screw Faith Hill.

:thumbsup:

Actually, I wonder HOW drunk would Faith Hill have to get to screw that fat, washed-up, tea-baggin' has been.

So he was cowed into submission by the mindless PC mob. Another great moment for the land of the 'free'. :thumbsup:

Most likely he was "cowed into submission" by his agent and accountant, who both saw a steady stream of royalty money swirling the drain. Another great moment for capitalism and self-preservation.

Actually, I wonder HOW drunk would Faith Hill have to get to screw that fat, washed-up, tea-baggin' has been.

Most likely he was "cowed into submission" by his agent and accountant, who both saw a steady stream of royalty money swirling the drain. Another great moment for capitalism and self-preservation.

Riiiight. Like anyone would have given a rat's ass about this story if ESPN hadn't pulled his stupid song from the MNF pre-game.

I couldn't give a crap about Hank Williams Jr. but I do care a little about how much our country has become a collection of PC controlled lemmings.

That would be the way to get the song back on the intro, for sure.

Lets move on and forget this stupid redneck's comment and his mentality. As a Vietnam war veteran I served under a number of Commanders some I liked and others I did not, but I never belittled any one of them or fellow Americans by comparing any of them to Hitler. What a JACK ASS! He shouldn't be fired he should just quit I'd have a little more respect for him if he did!

Ooops

jw

Ya imagine that having to apologize for a political opinion (welcome to the new America) on such a politically correct SPORTS TV show owned by such a POLITICALLY CORRECT TV company with a huge political agenda as ABC ...

GO FIGURE !!!!!!!!!!!! :nana:

Lets move on and forget this stupid redneck's comment and his mentality. As a Vietnam war veteran I served under a number of Commanders some I liked and others I did not, but I never belittled any one of them or fellow Americans by comparing any of them to Hitler. What a JACK ASS! He shouldn't be fired he should just quit I'd have a little more respect for him if he did!

First of all, thank you for my freedom.

Second, I remember when I was growing up in the late 70s and 80s, even when you disagreed with the president, you still respected him. I just don't understand how people have become so cavalier over the years. I understand exactly the point you are making.

Looks like someone just realized his meal ticket is gone.

quick check reveals that hw jr has an estimated net worth of $45,000,000. using the meal ticket analogy, that's a lot of gumbo. i'd be surprised if his fan base would sweat a heck of a lot over his comments one way or the other. espn has to get rid of him. i don't actually see it as pc going too far, the issue was supposed to be THE song. now the issue is hw jr, and who needs that?

Second, I remember when I was growing up in the late 70s and 80s, even when you disagreed with the president, you still respected him. I just don't understand how people have become so cavalier over the years. I understand exactly the point you are making.

There used to be respect for the office. I think a lot of the reason for the decline in that regard is because there is a lot less class and dignity demanded from our leaders these days. They aren't about the people, they are about themselves.

Ya imagine that having to apologize for a political opinion (welcome to the new America) on such a politically correct SPORTS TV show owned by such a POLITICALLY CORRECT TV company with a huge political agenda as ABC ...

GO FIGURE !!!!!!!!!!!! :nana:

abc's agenda aside, why on earth do they want the distraction? the guy's had a good run on the show, he made a comment that was kind of silly and they don't want him anymore. i'm no fan of president obama, but this doesn't see all that hard for me to follow. i'd fire him too.

My interpretation of Hank's comment was different. You couldn't envision Netanyahu and Hitler playing golf together because of the mutual hostility which would exist. Hank feels that Republicans should take the same general "they are the enemy" mentality which would exist in that situation, and apply it to the Obama administration.

Like the time Howard Hesseman mooned a photo of Ronnie during his opening monologe when he hosted SNL? :doh:

"The thought of the leaders of both parties jukin and high fiven on a golf course, while so many families are struggling to get by simply made me boil over and make a dumb statement,”

a lame excuse.....he meant every word of his original rant.

My wife and I talk about this a lot. Both of us are more independent then anything, seeing logical perspectives on issues from both parties. We feel Obama had a very difficult situation to enter into. We don't agree with a lot of the things he's done, but still sit wondering if the next one in line will make things even worse. But the one thing that bothers us is the sheer lack of respect shown to him. He's the Presidents of the United States. It's not acceptable to talk about him like he's a football coach.

"The thought of the leaders of both parties jukin and high fiven on a golf course, while so many families are struggling to get by simply made me boil over and make a dumb statement,”

a lame excuse.....he meant every word of his original rant.

The Founding Fathers felt that the ideal American was the gentleman farmer. A gentleman farmer--or any kind of farmer, for that matter--is less vulnerable to financially-based pressures towards conformism than are people in most other industries.

The percentage of Americans whose main income source involves farming their own land has declined radically since the Founding Fathers' time. This is why there is more financially-based pressure toward conformism than ever before. One result of this conformist pressure is non-heartfelt apologies, intended to appease the anger of those who pull the financial strings of our society.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

So he was cowed into submission by the mindless PC mob. Another great moment for the land of the 'free'. :thumbsup:

OK, gunna go out on a limb here and say I like his original statement better than his apology. Would it have been better if he said cowboys and Indians? :rolleyes:

So sick of all the PC junk. He didn't say anything about the President being Hitler but that the two of them have nothing in common. I know some people that I won't 'golf with because we just don't see eye to eye. This Hitler thing would be OK to use between myself and the one I am thinking of. That doesn't make me or him ahitler. Just that we don't mesh.

Ooops

Sucks to be the son of a country music legend when the best song you ever wrote is "Are you ready for some football?" This man is an absolute embarrassment to his father's legacy. Hank III may be able to stop his granddad from spinning in his grave.

jw

Ooops

jw

I used to respect him, until the apology. I don't care one way or another what he thought, but for crying out loud stand by your words and don't run when the pressure comes. He is but a mere reflection of his father. Too bad. :thumbdown:

My interpretation of Hank's comment was different. You couldn't envision Netanyahu and Hitler playing golf together because of the mutual hostility which would exist. Hank feels that Republicans should take the same general "they are the enemy" mentality which would exist in that situation, and apply it to the Obama administration.

Do they make clubs short enough for Hitler? And if they played on Saturday, would Netanyahu not be able to use a cart?

Ooops

jw

Im sick of all this PC crap, so he he called Obamanation Hitler , big deal the Prez needs to get a thicker skin, Hank should have told em off. He wasn't even calling him Hitler it was just an analogy to say that they were enemies.