Hank Jr. apology

Im sick of all this PC crap, so he he called Obamanation Hitler , big deal the Prez needs to get a thicker skin, Hank should have told em off. He wasn't even calling him Hitler it was just an analogy to say that they were enemies.

?

The Prez needs to get a thicker skin?

Has Obama even commented on this?

I thought the story was that Williams made some idiotic comments and that ESPN suspended him as a result.

When did Obama say anything? Or is this just more uninformed drivel?

If ESPN hadn't pulled him, he'd have stood his ground. His "apology" is anything but. It's just a bunch of excuses. I thought his contract was up anyway - they probably want him gone because face it Faith Hill looks and sings 100x better than that old burned out doper.

Which one are you closer in appearance to?

My interpretation of Hank's comment was different. You couldn't envision Netanyahu and Hitler playing golf together because of the mutual hostility which would exist. Hank feels that Republicans should take the same general "they are the enemy" mentality which would exist in that situation, and apply it to the Obama administration.

:thumbsup: Couldn't agree more. I tried all morning to explain this on this board yesterday and got absolutely nowhere.

My interpretation of Hank's comment was different. You couldn't envision Netanyahu and Hitler playing golf together because of the mutual hostility which would exist. Hank feels that Republicans should take the same general "they are the enemy" mentality which would exist in that situation, and apply it to the Obama administration.

:thumbsup: Couldn't agree more. I tried all morning to explain this on this board yesterday and got absolutely nowhere.

This is likely what HWJ meant.

What a sad thought… that Obama and Boehner should treat each other like enemies.

Now there's the solution to the country's problems… name calling, demonizing, polarizing… focus on and let our differences and disagreements drive us apart.

Forget that all citizens of this country have common interests and it's these interests that should be built upon.

So many people have been brainwashed into participating in partisan politics (meant in the worst way) and just swallow up the hate mongering and finger pointing… the need to be angry and blame others like a drug… so blind to what's actually going on that they swallow down whatever medication their media outlet of choice prescribes for them.

Here's a hint. If there's a news outlet (left or right) that perfectly articulates most of your political views, then you're probably not actually thinking but rather, lapping up what you're being fed.

Are people in all countries so ignorant?

This^^

Wow, I expected more integrity from HW on this one? My gawd it's not like he actually said what the media said he said..

stay strong against PC folks, it is going to kill our country if it hasn't already..

Tim-

+1

This is just typical media sensationalism. His words were taken out of context and blown way out of proportion. He obviously wasn't PC in the analogy used, but the point was to draw a comparison to polar opposites. Typical media digging for a story that doesn't exist without a care in the world how their TWIST on the story is going to affect another person's life.

Edited by shoveldog