Pears

Special K

Put this guy down as one of the many pleasant surprises on the Bills these first 2 games.

Haven't been able to focus on him often, but when I do, he seems to be a strong pass blocker, and not bad in the run as well.

Just thought that this guy deserves a shout-out for closing down the turnstile the Bills have had at RT for the past few years. :thumbsup:

I rewatched the game last week on NFL replay - rewound almost every meaningful snap to look at the line play - Levitre was an absolute animal. Executing his initial assignment then consistently rampaging to the second level looking for enemies to destroy. Honestly - I can't imagine there's many guards in the league playing better than him now.

Put this guy down as one of the many pleasant surprises on the Bills these first 2 games.

Haven't been able to focus on him often, but when I do, he seems to be a strong pass blocker, and not bad in the run as well.

Just thought that this guy deserves a shout-out for closing down the turnstile the Bills have had at RT for the past few years. :thumbsup:

I thought Bell played a hell of a game on the left side too. The O-line did a great job against a stout Oakland front today.

Back to yhe question.

He was starting, then was injured and could not work himself back into the line up. I think they had a coaching change too.

PS - Nice Avatar.

Pears looked solid from what I saw today and he did look decent in the Chiefs game. He did give up a sack to Tamba Hali in week one but Hali is a very good player. I think that Pears is the kind of player that will look solid at times but he will make you feel like you need an upgrade at that position at times as well. Either way the guy is producing at an effective level.

The O Line has played much better than anyone would have believed, and they deserve a ton of credit for sticking together and doing what they need to do to get this offense in a position to score. It's impossible to argue that they haven't played well when you score almost 40 points a game in two games and like today, rush for 200 yards.

They deserve a lot of credit.

That said, they play good for them. They don't give Fitz a lot of time, they give him two seconds of time. Rarely does he have time to look to his second or third option. Fitz is amazing at dropping back and throwing immediately. We're extremely efficient right now, which is awesome and a testament to Fitz and Gailey and the OL for giving him two seconds without a jailbreak, but good lines give three and four seconds. Freddy is unbelievable at making something out of nothing. We gave him just enough creases to sneak through but that's what he's good at.

Surely, there were individual plays by all the guys that were top level. Levitre IMO had a very good game. We didn't give up a sack, so it was a great game. And we won because we were able to go down the field and score TDs on all five 2nd half possessions, a herculean feat. And the Raiders have a good front seven.

But it's not at all that we give our QB all day to throw or our RBs huge holes to blow through,. That rarely, rarely happens.

It's a testament, IMO, to Gailey and Fitz and Freddy, along with our receivers and, yes, our line, that we get so much production.

You watch almost any other game and you will see a QB standing back for a few seconds and surveying the field. I don't really recall that happening once today.