Easley to IR

Casey D

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. That really sucks for him, as well as the team. The guy has got to be so down right now. Good luck to him recovering from whatever it is. Sometimes teams just cannot wait for players to get back, even though it may only take a few weeks. They don't want to cut a player they have already decided they need for the season.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it's not an std like some people have been saying, because chan would have never put him on the spot with the "it's something he should tell you guys" line if that was the case. Having said that, I have no idea whats wrong with dude

Well, until we find out what the illness is, its all speculation. But it sure smells like a "message sending" move. Either way, bad for him -- but I just never saw anything that indicated he might have character or wisdom issues (which, of course, is all relative, especially when considering how the NFL judges character - there is normally a strong correlation to ability and value to the team).

Anyhow, in the harsh cruel world of the NFL and football fandomhood, I like really liked Kamar Aiken over him. I hope he gets a chance.

You don't IR people to send a message. You have to have a valid reason otherwise the NFLPA would have a fit. Stop looking for conspiracy's where they are not. The Kid is sick and hopefully he gets better.

Be quiet these guys are on a roll with this story, this might be better than the Merriman border thread. That thing was full of nonsensical speculation.

When people describe unknown illnesses that are career ending as something that the person would be ashamed or embarassed about such as AIDS, STD's or the like. It makes you wonder. If it was AIDS, it would explain things because of the possible blood exposure on the field...just a thought.

I'll ask this again, Why would they even keep him out of a game if it was an STD? Doesn't make sense.

Exactly. It makes no sense, and thus is very likely not an STD.

I do hope that we will know something for sure, if only to preserve the kid's reputation against more speculation. But more than anything I hope he gets well.

Edited by RJ (not THAT RJ)

people need ot be concerned for the man.. an illness that puts you on IR is extremely serious and worrisome

Not necessarily. He was apparently fine one day (an assumtpion) and then suddenly sick the next. To me, this does not sound like a chronic disease, but more like an acute injury. If he had a chronic disease, he would have likely experienced chronic symtpoms, like weight loss or fever, and eyebrows would have been raised weeks ago (again, another assumption he did show up sick to camp). An appendectomy or gallbladder removal wouldn't land him on the IR. And as it has been stated, it's a non-football injury. If this was as simple as rupturing an ACL in a pick-up basketball game, why is this being shrouded in mystery (hipaa aside)?

Still, in the back of my mind I'm thinking his placement onto IR is a statement being made by the coaches. Slightly reminiscent of Crowell being placed on IR a few years back.

I guess we'll wait for the official word.

I think I jinxed him when I was at the card shop Saturday afternoon in Dallas and bought his autographed rookie/jersey card for $7.50. The last card I bought before kick off weekend was McKelvin's, and he had that fumble against the Pats that cost us the game. I've gotta quit buying player cards before kick off weekend!!

Or did Easley do something that Chan felt hurt the team and IR'd him as a message?

PTR

I entertained thoughts of punishment when Gailey said he'd be out against Oakland. But to IR the guy as a punishment? Why wouldn't Gailey just cut him if he felt that strongly about it?

WTF did those wings do to him?!?!

This

You don't IR people to send a message. You have to have a valid reason otherwise the NFLPA would have a fit. Stop looking for conspiracy's where they are not. The Kid is sick and hopefully he gets better.

Exactly. It's not an STD and it's not chicken wings. Putting a guy on IR for punishment would be way overboard because it nearly crushes a guy's career.

2 wasted years for him, it's too bad. You don't get too many chances in this business. It's (apparently) through no fault of his own, but the door is closing.

Agree...They dont take too kindly to this stuff in the NFL...Turn out the light. If he misses two years he is history-Guaranteed. Too many others guys lining up to take that slot.