Stevie J Taking a Lot of Heat From Chief Fans

K-9

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't dirty and it wasn't cheap. If you actually watch the play, Stevie has his back turned to whats going on, he's looking up field and he sees Eric Berry lurking. He chop blocks him, which is what most smaller players do to larger players in FOOTBALL (a very physical game). If anything, I give Stevie credit on the extra effort he put in. Chiefs homers are just looking at something to cry about.

I know we get our fair share of bad posts/posters around here, but I'd just like to thank the mods from not letting this place look like that. The transforming into a plane post had to have been the most despicable thing I've read on a message board in a while.

Baloney... it is not what anyone wouldn't say in a room of Bills fans if it were Brandon Marshall doing it to Stevie Johnson.

Baloney... it is not what anyone wouldn't say in a room of Bills fans if it were Brandon Marshall doing it to Stevie Johnson.

May want to look in the mirror Bmore. I would never think of saying something like that. And I personally never wish harm on any person, much less a player in a GAME. I guess I'm a big believer in karma.

May want to look in the mirror Bmore. I would never think of saying something like that. And I personally never wish harm on any person, much less a player in a GAME. I guess I'm a big believer in karma.

I mean that you should be able to make a comment and not have to be worried about being banned or censorship.. the comment is disgusting, but the freedom to make it is far more important.

First of all, we'll never look like that one because we aren't allowed to post pictures all over the place. Second, there's some very crude language over there that most around here wouldn't even attempt to type out. That's the stuff I'm talking about. We may also only have the average mental ability of a 12 year old over here, but this board is moderated much better than that one.

And please don't bring up censorship in this discussion. These are privately owned messageboards that we're talking about. Those owners can restrict whatever they want.

Just judging from the stuff I've read over there this week, the Chiefs must have the dumbest, most back assward fans in the league.

That doesn't surprise me. After 1 winning season, they think the trend will continue. Doesn't always happen that way in the NFL. They probably think they'll win next week 41-7...

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/knee.gif

Here's a gif of the play on which Berry was injured. His knee just buckled while he was planting his leg to make a cut. Why they are blaming SJ for his injury is beyond me. They are even MORE pissed at him today over on that sorry excuse for a fan forum.

Sorry to see Eric Berry hurt. He's a great player.

GO BILLS!!!

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/knee.gif

Here's a gif of the play on which Berry was injured. His knee just buckled while he was planting his leg to make a cut. Why they are blaming SJ for his injury is beyond me. They are even MORE pissed at him today over on that sorry excuse for a fan forum.

Sorry to see Eric Berry hurt. He's a great player.

GO BILLS!!!

Do you think that Berry's knee buckling like that had anything to do with Stevie's block in that exact same knee a few plays earlier?

If a Chief put that same block on the Bills' best defensive player, this board would be up in arms. It was a legal block, but on the wrong side of clean. Players should know better to target a vulnerable spot like that. SJ is not known to be a dirty player, but this won't help his rep.

This just sounds wrong on so many levels. I am pretty confident in saying S. Johnson isn't a switch hitter and is in no way interested in B. Marshall. Stevie actually has a good lookin ol lady. Could be a front but i say he is straight.

I don't in anyway think Johnson had any intent on hurting anyone or was he even trying to get away with anything. Honestly though, it was a kinda low cheap shot, not Romanowski cheap but if it was Florence or Byrd on the other end this board would be up in arms having spastic seizures about it being a cheap hit. Stuff happens though, it is a physical game with the world's best athletes flying around like pinballs.

Do you think that Berry's knee buckling like that had anything to do with Stevie's block in that exact same knee a few plays earlier?

If a Chief put that same block on the Bills' best defensive player, this board would be up in arms. It was a legal block, but on the wrong side of clean. Players should know better to target a vulnerable spot like that. SJ is not known to be a dirty player, but this won't help his rep.

I suppose that's possible but I'd defer to the medical experts before I'd say for sure whether SJ's hit caused the structure of the knee to weaken to the point that the next time Berry made a cut his ACL would tear.

I agree that if it was one of our players there would be a segment of fans on this board that would be up in arms just like the Chiefs fans. It would be easier to make a villain of Stevie Johnson if Berry actually sustained the injury when SJ hit him, though.

I'd like to think that most of us know football enough to realize that these borderline hits happen all the time. It'll be interesting to see if SJ garners a bad rep as a result. So far, other than in a Chief's fan forum, I haven't heard of anyone accusing SJ's hit on Berry as being anything more than what it was.

GO BILLS!!!

I suppose that's possible but I'd defer to the medical experts before I'd say for sure whether SJ's hit caused the structure of the knee to weaken to the point that the next time Berry made a cut his ACL would tear.

I agree that if it was one of our players there would be a segment of fans on this board that would be up in arms just like the Chiefs fans. It would be easier to make a villain of Stevie Johnson if Berry actually sustained the injury when SJ hit him, though.

I'd like to think that most of us know football enough to realize that these borderline hits happen all the time. It'll be interesting to see if SJ garners a bad rep as a result. So far, other than in a Chief's fan forum, I haven't heard of anyone accusing SJ's hit on Berry as being anything more than what it was.

GO BILLS!!!

I'd bet a large sum of money that his knee was damaged on the earlier play. It's a rough game though--these things happen all the time. I have half a mind to blame the Chiefs' trainers/coaches for letting him back in.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm guessing the level of analysis will rise now that Berry is out for the year. I thought he should have sat out for a bit longer, as he took a big hit on that knee. The strange part about the play where he got injured is that it wasn't the pivot knee, nor was his body weight on the left knee. It buckled simply from pushing off the turf.

It is quite possible, it could have stretched one or more of the ligaments, which could have caused a lack of the support the ligament gives, because it isn't normal for a knee to just give out sideways like that. He did lay on the ground a bit after the Johnson block and had to leave the game before he came back in.

I'm guessing the level of analysis will rise now that Berry is out for the year. I thought he should have sat out for a bit longer, as he took a big hit on that knee. The strange part about the play where he got injured is that it wasn't the pivot knee, nor was his body weight on the left knee. It buckled simply from pushing off the turf.

Yeah, it looked more like a typical ACL tear that we see in basketball. A typical plant and cut and the knee just buckles as the ACL tears. Happens all the time in basketball at every level of play.

GO BILLS!!!

Here's a link to an "animated gif" of the play in question that a Chief's fan posted on another discussion board. The play/hit looks legit to me (Berry clearly saw SJ coming, and had ample opportunity to protect himself):

Steve Johnson's cut block on Eric Berry

He then came out of the game ... but went back in a few plays later ... and then "collapsed" with seemingly no contact, no one around him.

It's always sad when an injury like this happens to any player, but I don't think I'm being a "homer" when I say I see nothing wrong with the block SJ used.

Here's a link to an "animated gif" of the play in question that a Chief's fan posted on another discussion board. The play/hit looks legit to me (Berry clearly saw SJ coming, and had ample opportunity to protect himself):

He then came out of the game ... but went back in a few plays later ... and then "collapsed" with seemingly no contact, no one around him.

It's always sad when an injury like this happens to any player, but I don't think I'm being a "homer" when I say I see nothing wrong with the block SJ used.

That's the play? Sorry didn't see the game, but from what I was hearing everywhere it sounded like it was a cheap shot. That block is in no way illegal or cheap. That is a legit block that ALL receivers use. Berry definitely saw him coming and even slowed up as Johnson closed in on him.

This really should be put to rest.

The block SJ used was legal. It wasn't borderline dirty, it was in the open field, and Berry had the chance to see him coming.

Football is a rough game. And knees are really not designed for modern sports activities. Look how Easley injured his knee, on a nothing play in practice, just came down wrong.

For all we know, Berry had a weakened ACL from practice coming into the game.

Even if his knee was weakened by SJ's cut block, what does that prove? Players get dinged and injured by legal hits and normal plays all the time.

Stay away from the Chiefs boards, they'll degrade your sense of what a decent fan board is about.

This really should be put to rest.

The block SJ used was legal. It wasn't borderline dirty, it was in the open field, and Berry had the chance to see him coming.

Football is a rough game. And knees are really not designed for modern sports activities. Look how Easley injured his knee, on a nothing play in practice, just came down wrong.

For all we know, Berry had a weakened ACL from practice coming into the game.

Even if his knee was weakened by SJ's cut block, what does that prove? Players get dinged and injured by legal hits and normal plays all the time.

Stay away from the Chiefs boards, they'll degrade your sense of what a decent fan board is about.

you cant cut from the side, it was borderline from the side, berry knee buckled inward.

It wasn't even Stevie Johnson's hit that put Berry out. Berry came back in after that hit and was then rolled by Levitre at the end of a play (not dirty) and that was the hit that put him out. It was on a Spiller run.

Finally someone else noticed this. I thought I was going crazy. Berry CAME BACK after the SJ block and played....running around even. Hard to believe Stevie's block blew out his ACL but the trainers sent him back in anyways. What Chiefs fans should really be wondering about is if SJ's block did damage to the knee why did the trainers let berry go back into the game, and have berry then blow it out?

I am reminded of Vince Wolfolk doing JP Losman's knee.....its part of the game. We don't like loosing the players....but, it happens to each team. Chan is right, these plays are when the receivers get to put it on the db's......Stevie apparently knows how to do that...good for him. I wish a speedy recovery to the injured.

I am reminded of Vince Wolfolk doing JP Losman's knee.....its part of the game. We don't like loosing the players....but, it happens to each team. Chan is right, these plays are when the receivers get to put it on the db's......Stevie apparently knows how to do that...good for him. I wish a speedy recovery to the injured.

uhhh what?

wilfork did a superfly jimmy snooka flying elbow into losman's knee, well after the ball was released. stevie attempted to cut-block berry in the open field. two totally different scenarios.