Evans Requested Trade

Silvercrw

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly, you must have had a different login when Bledsoe was signed. Your join date is 3+ years after Drew was traded to the Bills. Posters with legitimate inside info have been greeted warmly and are usually sought out (ie, nevergiveup) from time to time. If you need to remind everyone how important you are then we'll all assume you've never had any info which is usually the case with chest thumpers. I'm sure you won't be offended that we're not all fawning over you.

busted.....

"The subtraction of willis and the addition of Lee has deinigtely put in the Ravens corner (after the Bills)."

I've read that a few times and can't imagine what word you tried to spell.

I fixed it for you and apologize greatly for the typo. You might want to go back to reading comprehension classes and work on your context clues though.

RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#15 is worst) UPDATED: 8/15/11

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- kelly blue book

#4- farmers almanac

#5- nostradamus

#6- TMZ

#7- punxsutawney phil

#8- weatherman

#9- economist

#10- ESPN Insiders

#11- psychic

#12- momma pecoraro

#13- Silvercrw (you got work to do).

#14- Thurman Thomas

#15- Skooby and sources deep within

I fixed it for you and apologize greatly for the typo. You might want to go back to reading comprehension classes and work on your context clues though.

:worthy:<_< I actually wanted to know what you were trying to say, my comprehension is excellent and I have superior context ability and still couldn't figure it out...but since you're being a dick about it...even with the spelling correction the sentence makes no sense.:nana:

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- kelly blue book

#4- farmers almanac

#5- nostradamus

#6- TMZ

#7- punxsutawney phil

#8- weatherman

#9- economist

#10- ESPN Insiders

#11- psychic

#12- momma pecoraro

#14- Thurman Thomas

#999,999,999 - Soprano [add 4 digits here]

PTR

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- kelly blue book

#4- farmers almanac

#5- nostradamus

#6- TMZ

#7- punxsutawney phil

#8- weatherman

#9- economist

#10- ESPN Insiders

#11- psychic

#12- momma pecoraro

#14- Thurman Thomas

I think we need a fantasy draft here...

Seems strange to me. If he wanted to request that, he should have done so years ago. Why now, when the offense actually seems to be turning a new leaf?

I hope he does well in Baltimore.

We have to be able to beat the Jets and patrots consistently to have a shot at the playoffs, u think that happening anytime soon during his next 3-4 yrs of playing time?

As usual, when this news does come out in the future think of me.

As usual?? Right. You're the first person everybody thinks of when Bills news breaks..dry.gif

If the story is even true, it's still not newsworthy. Certainly not worthy of you goin' 'all thin-skinned' over.

Step away from the keyboard

hey, has it crossed any of your minds that this story is a a PR move? I mean the first place I saw that Evans requested a trade was Chris Brown's blog. NEWSFLASH - he is employed by the Buffalo Bills. while i think he is indeed a decent journalist, there are moments here and there where it seems obvious he is using terminology and/or ideas pushed on him by the front office.

im not saying lee definitely did NOT ask for a trade, but it seems a little suspicious to me that chris brown would break that tidbit after he was in fact traded. to me, it is just a way for the organization to further rationalize an unpopular move. yes, it makes some sense considering the number of WRs on the roster, the fact they would likely not re-sign lee and lose him for nothing otherwise, and once the bills turn the corner lee won't be an impact player, etc.

i just think for all of US lee evans fans, it makes his departure a little easier to swallow when we are under the impression that he was ready to move on.

hey, has it crossed any of your minds that this story is a a PR move? I mean the first place I saw that Evans requested a trade was Chris Brown's blog. NEWSFLASH - he is employed by the Buffalo Bills. while i think he is indeed a decent journalist, there are moments here and there where it seems obvious he is using terminology and/or ideas pushed on him by the front office.

im not saying lee definitely did NOT ask for a trade, but it seems a little suspicious to me that chris brown would break that tidbit after he was in fact traded. to me, it is just a way for the organization to further rationalize an unpopular move. yes, it makes some sense considering the number of WRs on the roster, the fact they would likely not re-sign lee and lose him for nothing otherwise, and once the bills turn the corner lee won't be an impact player, etc.

i just think for all of US lee evans fans, it makes his departure a little easier to swallow when we are under the impression that he was ready to move on.

I cannot reveal my sources however this was the talk amongst the Bills offices last week. Evans had requested a trade.

Is is true that Evans received a $1.5m roster bonus five days after the new league year began? Could have sworn I read that somewhere recently. If so, his trade strikes me as more a result of a request he made vs. the Bills moving him to save some money. First, the money saved isn't that big in the grand scheme of things and second, does a team interested in moving a player simply to save money usually give that player $1.5m a mere three days before moving him?

GO BILLS!!!

I cannot reveal my sources however this was the talk amongst the Bills offices last week. Evans had requested a trade.

You don't need to reveal your sources. I bet $15 mil of Aaron Maybin's money that one of them is the original poster of this thread, Silvercrw, who joined TSW 24-December 05.

As usual, when this news does come out in the future think of me.

Which one are you Silvercrw or SilvercRow?

One point which I'm not sure was addressed in this thread is EVEN IF Lee did request a trade, why keep it a secret?

Do you think Lee wanted to hide it to protect his sterling image or that out of respect for the organization he didn't want to make it look like a rat fleeing a sinking ship? Many in the media would probably applaud him for the move to go to a contender as nationally we are thought to be a 3rd class team. Evans was nothing but a class act. He wasn't flashy and didn't draw attention to himself like SJ. (I don't have a problem with SJ being flashy by the way)

Lee is a consummate professional. Flacco has a cannon and should be able to utilize Lee's speed. I wish Lee nothing but the best unless we meet the Ravens in the AFC play off game ;)

Edited by PDaDdy

I have no sources and that strikes me as true and common sense. He is nearing the end of his career, sees the team in another rebuilding mode with a lot of young receivers. I'd bet he went to Buddy and said something to the effect of, not for nothing, if you want to trade me somewhere good, I'm cool with it. I hope he gets to be in a real playoff hunt.

Chris Brown put it in one of his answers to a question from last Friday's "Fan Friday" Q/A segment on BuffaloBills.com. Yes, this was right after Evans went to Balt. To quote part of Brown's answer, he said he had it on "close authority that Evans wanted to be traded."

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised, but I am thinking it was more asking for a trade, after all the rumors that the Bills were willing to trade him started to surface. I believe him when he said, just a few days before, he never even really ever thought about playing anywhere but Buffalo. Then, after he was traded, he said all nice things, but seemed to hint that he never felt like he fit into Nix and Gaileys' plans...and then, there was the quote from Terrence McGee (I believe it was) that "we knew it could happen, but not now, we figured it would happen after the season".

One thing about Gailey, he is not afraid to call guys out. And he called out Evans a few times last season, and in this off-season. Say what you will about Evans being overrated, but you can't question the way he carried himself the last 7, very trying, seasons. It has to creep in to a guys psyche, and hurt his confidence when the new boss comes in, and instead of seeing you as an asset as your previous bosses did, they start to question your value to them.

I have been through something like that, at a job. It does sort of demoralize you, particularly when it is coming from a person you have no history with. I realize, sports are very much a "right here, right now" kind of business, but these guys are still human. I suspect Evans is going to have a real good season in Baltimore.

I have no sources and that strikes me as true and common sense. He is nearing the end of his career, sees the team in another rebuilding mode with a lot of young receivers. I'd bet he went to Buddy and said something to the effect of, not for nothing, if you want to trade me somewhere good, I'm cool with it. I hope he gets to be in a real playoff hunt.

Barring injuries, many WR (NFL players in general, except RB's) have some of their best years in their 30's...Evans is 30, around here, the last few days, you would think he was Brett Favre or something. His numbers declined, because he played in ****ty offenses, with horrnedous OC's, until Chan came along...and Chan seems determined to purge the old, and bring in the new.

A big reason why this was not revealed was due to the reputation that Lee had in Buffalo.

Which reputation is that? That he quit on this team the last three years ago or the rep from 5 years ago when he was trying to get signed to a big contract?

As usual?? Right. You're the first person everybody thinks of when Bills news breaks..dry.gif

If the story is even true, it's still not newsworthy. Certainly not worthy of you goin' 'all thin-skinned' over.

Step away from the keyboard

It would be nice just once to see one of these people ho post on this site come out in advance with information concerning a trade or release of a player versus after the fact. Maybe then they would build some credibility. Short of that, it's a waste of time and I can't believe I wasted the time to read such jibberish.

I just got some info that Lee Evans requested being traded to a contender. This is not being publicky revealed and is staying internal. I will have more info soon.

The more I hear about this the more sense this actually made.

Go Bills!

How long does any player want to play for a rebuilding franchise?

I remember someone predicting that Bledsoe was going to sign with the Bills before there was any hint of it in the press. Maybe it was SilvercRow, not sure.

However, who cares if Lee asked for a trade? Asking for a trade isn't necessarily a good reason to give one. Lee was under contract. If Nix thought Evans brought value to the team - or more precisely, that his value exceeded a 4th round draft pick - Nix should have kept him.

I wonder what Lee's role would have been this year. Lee's forte as a receiver was stretching the field vertically. However, Fitz's arm and (moreso) the Bills poor offensive line preclude the Bills from throwing long much. The Bills were a bad fit for Evans. Especially

given Gailey's high estimation of some of our young receivers, I wonder if Lee would have had a reduced role this year. And that made him expendable.

Lee did not request a trade I am %100 positive of this. He heard the rumors but was as surprised as anyone when it actually happened.

Furthermore had I not had first hand info of the situation if you look at it as an outsider what sense would it make? The team pays him $1.5 mil then just grants his trade? Then rather than explaining the unpopular (both with fans and in the locker room) move and/or forcing lees hand, they just grant his request? Think about this... the bill have every reason to make him look like the bad guy or at least explain this to the team/fans. They would have no reason to keep this guarded.