Evans traded to Baltimore

Jdragon2

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, you know what, I'm very happy for the kid. He slaved on a team that only cared about filling the stadium... so ole ralphie could fill his pockets. Now he has a real shot at a SB ring!

The kid did his job, kept his nose to the grindstone and worked, said all the right things, and never a bad thing about the team... he deserved better then to languish on a loser his entire career

2010: 37 Recs 578 yards 4 TD's, 2009: 44 Recs 612 yards 7 TD's. So Evans averaged 595 yards, 40.5 Rec's and 5.5 TD's over the last 2 years. Those are not #1 WR stats and any GM with a brain would not give up a high draft pick for that kind of production.

Any for those that think Evans will post career numbers in Baltimore, look at how well Donte Stallworth & TJ Hoosyourmama did in Baltimore.

Give me a break. There is no possible way for anyone outside of the team to know that. You don't know the play calls, you don't know the coverage that Lee was under, you really just don't have any evidence to back that up. And there is also no evidence to back up he was being run out of town for being soft. Show me that Gailey quote. I'm almost positive he didn't say that, nor allude to that. So you essentially just made a bunch of stuff up. That's cool.

Oh no, Gailey openly stated that Evens, a 30 year old vet, needed to learn to go over the middle. That's like saying he needed to change his tampon more often. This is football and the Bills have no room for cream puffs like Evans

Drayton Florence likely knows as well as anyone, including Nix and Gailey, how good and how valuable a player Lee Evans is. And his response is "WTF Are we trying to win now or later?" and "If I would have known now..." That's about all you need to know.

This was a salary dump, plain and simple, and may not have even been made by Nix and Gailey, and I have very good reason to believe it wasn't, from someone that would know.

It's what Nix and Gailey are stuck with, and explains a lot about why bigger name coaches and GMs wouldn't sign here. Maybe they were told they wouldn't always have final say in personnel matters. And explains we didn't go after some players in FA, and didn't make a big enough offer to Clabo. And ten dozen other questionable moves by the front office in the last decade or so.

I'm not even going to criticize Nix on this one. I don't think he did it. And I think it's possible if not likely he signed Buster Davis knowing that he was going to lose Evans, and not because he wanted to trade Evans.

If Easley stays healthy AND can get deep on starting NFL CBs and Safeties in real games AND can make plays so teams have to worry about the Bills going downfield, this will work out well. Those are a lot of ifs.

It hurts to hear that Kelly, but it's not surprising. Honestly, the only thing that surprises me is that folks still shell out their hard-earned money to buy tickets at the Ralph.

I really fail to see how this makes the team better. Nix better hope his favorite toy from San Diego (Davis?) can play as well as Evans, and more than that, attract the defensive attention we know that Evans can.

If I were Stevie, I'd be nervous about matching last season's numbers.

Drayton Florence likely knows as well as anyone, including Nix and Gailey, how good and how valuable a player Lee Evans is. And his response is "WTF Are we trying to win now or later?" and "If I would have known now..." That's about all you need to know.

This was a salary dump, plain and simple, and may not have even been made by Nix and Gailey, and I have very good reason to believe it wasn't, from someone that would know.

It's what Nix and Gailey are stuck with, and explains a lot about why bigger name coaches and GMs wouldn't sign here. Maybe they were told they wouldn't always have final say in personnel matters. And explains we didn't go after some players in FA, and didn't make a big enough offer to Clabo. And ten dozen other questionable moves by the front office in the last decade or so.

I'm not even going to criticize Nix on this one. I don't think he did it. And I think it's possible if not likely he signed Buster Davis knowing that he was going to lose Evans, and not because he wanted to trade Evans.

If Easley stays healthy AND can get deep on starting NFL CBs and Safeties in real games AND can make plays so teams have to worry about the Bills going downfield, this will work out well. Those are a lot of ifs.

Fascinating stuff, but I wish you wouldn't be so cryptic (although I understand why you would be).

FYI: here's what Dog is referring too: http://twitter.com/#...draytonflorence . This is gonna go over like a lead balloon on that team.

I think we should be satisfied Lee is gone. I think in the very short term it hurts our overall talent. But who knows Maybe Evans being here would not allow us to fully see what we have in the other receivers. He seemed like a real great person and for that I wish him well. But Evans wasn't so talented that we should get upset over this trade.

I know he wasn't making that much money at the end of his current contract, but the good news is that Lee's money will now be given to Stevie. That's a good thing. We are setting up for the future folks, hold and hang on. I honestly believe this FO knows what their doing.

Let's hope these young wrs can stay healthy and produce. My prediction, by week 11, Stevie and donald jones are starting with naaman in the slot. Nelson, Roscoe and Easley on IR.

This trade makes me ill. We always have to do something to put a damper on a successful offseason. While i like our moves to date, this one makes me wonder wth is going on and are we trying to win this year or just evaluate our talent for next year.

A late 4th rounder....sigh.

Good luck to you Mr Evans. You're a class act and deserve to be on a contender.