Evans traded to Baltimore

Jdragon2

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was the GM, I wouldn't have traded Lee for a 4th round pick. Are you kidding?

Most 4th rounders don't amount to much. Very few are impact players. At best they are role players, if they make the squad at all.

Lee, on the other hand, was a solid starter. As "Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog" showed in a previous post, Lee played an important role in most of Stevie's TDs. His speed and experience demanded respect. If Fitz had more time to throw deep, Lee would post better numbers.

Furthermore, Lee is a positive influence in the locker room. Voted team captain five years in a row.

And I wonder which veteran is going to mentor all those young wideouts now?

We already had too few quality players. Now we have one less.

If I was the GM, I wouldn't have traded Lee for a 4th round pick. Are you kidding?

Most 4th rounders don't amount to much. Very few are impact players. At best they are role players, if they make the squad at all.

Lee, on the other hand, was a solid starter. As "Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog" showed in a previous post, Lee played an important role in most of Stevie's TDs. His speed and experience demanded respect. If Fitz had more time to throw deep, Lee would post better numbers.

Furthermore, Lee is a positive influence in the locker room. Voted team captain five years in a row.

And I wonder which veteran is going to mentor all those young wideouts now?

We already had too few quality players. Now we have one less.

Would you have traded Santonio Holmes for a 5th round pick?

Hoped for a 4th. Dreamed for a 3rd.

I like Lee, a good guy and a decent player. But frankly we've not been all that successful with him and he doesn't fit well with our QB or our system. He's only got 2 years of solid production left which isn't in our window. We have a lot of young guys who look like they might step up. (fingers crossed) We'd lose one or two of them if we kept Lee.

I think that it hurts us this year but is better for us overall. How much it hurts this year I don't know. Maybe not all that much.

I like Lee, and would have preferred to keep him, but some people are over reacting. Lee was basically an after thought on our offense last year (yes, i know he stretches the field). It's not like he was a critical cog. The problem was he had a one dimensional game, down the field. He was less effective underneath, and despite them constantly trying fade plays to him, he usually disappeared in the redzone.

We could have used him, but we have some promising young guys that have a chance to step up to. Plus we will have an extra pick to play with too...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

So let's look at our Receiver core for this year (oh, which starts in a month btw):

1. Johnson: good.

2. Nelson: Shows promise, nothing proven.

2. Parrish: hurt, questionable.

3. Easley: hasn't played a down of even pre season football.

4. Davis: scrub.

5. Jones: special teamer.

6. Roosevelt: fan favorite? I guess that's all you can really say.

7. Oh, and a 4th round pick next year. Almost forgot that.

Pathetic.

What has Lee done for us lately? Jack ****. 4th round is good value fro a 30 yearold receiver that has not done crap in two seasons.

Does opening up cap space help also? I heard that there might be some high priced players cut late because of new collective bargain agreement. Anyone know if that's part of the thinking here?

Why?

I think it was a wise move. Evans trade value only goes down from here. We have a **** ton of young guys. I am happy for Naaman--this likely seals his spot on the roster.

This team is looking better everyday.

This is not a shot at you, but rather an expression of frustration with this move in general:

So we have a bunch of young guys...so what? My 15-year-old cousin is young, does that mean he can play WR in the NFL?

Okay, sorry for that. Now that I'm calm, I'll state my opinion more level-headedly:

I think a lot of people are about to find out that our WR depth isn't nearly as good as they thought it was, and I'm hardly the doom-and-gloom type.

Why?

I think it was a wise move. Evans trade value only goes down from here. We have a **** ton of young guys. I am happy for Naaman--this likely seals his spot on the roster.

This team is looking better everyday.

So we should probably trade Kyle Williams too since he getting up there in age and we got good young talent like Troupe and Darreus.. Heck lets trade MCgee too since we got Aaron Williams now, lets trade Stevie Johnson too since we got Rosevelt, lets trade merriman since we got carrington, lets trade Davis since we got moats...Hell lets just trade anyone that has a guy younger than him in his same position.. I really hope you don't think getting rid of good players like Lee to keep a guy like Naaman is a good idea...We should have kept him for one more year to be sure Stevie wasn't a fluke....This sucks.!

Ugh. Just don't get it. He was already signed to a long term contract. The only thing I can imagine is that they've resigned themselves to the fact that they can't easily fix the o-line so they have no use for a guy who's specialty is running deep routes. This still sucks though.