Evans traded to Baltimore

Jdragon2

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Evans for a late round 4th pick, horible trade.

The Baltimore blogs love this trade and are praising Ozzie for this deal, I wish I could say the same for our GM.

Terrible move. We will see if Nix is a good evaluator of college talent, but he is in way over his head as GM. It feels like a salary dump, and combined with our low level of activity in free agency, it seems that we are years away from a playoff caliber team.

This team needs a new front office, coach, and owner.

Nobody over the age of 55.

Why?

I think it was a wise move. Evans trade value only goes down from here. We have a **** ton of young guys. I am happy for Naaman--this likely seals his spot on the roster.

This team is looking better everyday.

If I was the GM, I wouldn't have traded Lee for a 4th round pick. Are you kidding?

Most 4th rounders don't amount to much. Very few are impact players. At best they are role players, if they make the squad at all.

Lee, on the other hand, was a solid starter. As "Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog" showed in a previous post, Lee played an important role in most of Stevie's TDs. His speed and experience demanded respect. If Fitz had more time to throw deep, Lee would post better numbers.

Furthermore, Lee is a positive influence in the locker room. Voted team captain five years in a row.

And I wonder which veteran is going to mentor all those young wideouts now?

We already had too few quality players. Now we have one less.