Evans traded to Baltimore

Jdragon2

I don't blame Florence at all. He just signed a deal to return to a team that went

4-12 last year over the jets who are almost certain to go to the playoffs this year and he sees this crap happen a month before week one? The guy cares about winning, so sue him.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love looking at all of these people saying "Good Riddance'". Except for a few (looking at you Big Cat), you all have like 12 posts to your name. Not that posting volume equates good content, but a lot of these opinions are just flat out stupid.

Listen, Lee wasn't a pro bowler, but he had pro bowl talent. He played in a few terrible offensive systems for a few terrible QBs. Anyone who has ripped the Bills' QBs, the Bills' coaches, the Bills' GMs or the Bills' offensive coordinators needs to think twice before going after Lee.

Anyways, I don't like this move for reasons I've already elaborated on, so I won't say them again. But I will say, don't think for a second that salary didn't play a role. You have your head in the sand if you don't think that was part of it.

I can see from the number of posts that you have that you are very smart

Drayton should watch his tongue or his ass will get traded too. Not exactly the team first response I bet Gailey was looking for.

I don't see anything outlandish in what he said, and it most definitely is team first.

Can you explain how trading Lee Evans for a 4th round pick helps THIS team?

Had posted a couple times about my optimism for this team this season. It's faded.

WR was the only spot we actually excelled at. We just traded our most proven receiver...for a 4th rd draft pick? What are we going to get that high in the draft?

Still no OT. Still no TE. Lee was a big reason Stevie did so well last season. And what happens if Stevie gets hurt?

Sad. Especially since we will be too competitive for a No. 1 draft pick next year. I don't understand this move at all. Lee had several above-average years left in him.

Ozzie: "Hey, Buddy-I'd like to trade for Lee Evans. I'll start with offering a 2nd round pick..."

Buddy: "Woooo, Hold on der Doggie! Ya, can't moonshine me...How about I trade y'll Evans for a 4th rounder?"

Pretty accurate, though.

Not getting a player back is a capitulation move for this year, IMO...

I don't think either Gailey or Nix are capable of capitulation.

There was zero chemistry between evans and Fitz. I think they gave Evans a season just because of how good he had been. They saw everything they needed to see and decided the time was now.

I agree.

All this panic over [presumed disaster before even the first preseason game?

The 4th was a value pick. The Bills will come out ahead on this trade. Here's why.

Baltimore's offensive line probably pass blocks as bad or worse than the Bills offensive line. Flacco runs for his life on passing downs, and he won't have the time for Evans to get down the field and get open. Oher is downright laughable as an LT and his deficiencies at the position were exposed last night. Their guard and center are practice squad guys.

Out of all the teams Lee could have went to, Baltimore was probably THE worst destination for him as a player.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Buffalo has traded WR Lee Evans traded to Baltimore.

Dunno specifics yet

Buffalo didn't get a good deal out of this, but with Easley being stronger and faster; Johnson being a rising star, only made Lee easy to push out. Many people on this board love Lee as do I, but if we look at it as a business deal; getting rid of Lee makes sense. Lee is getting old, and has trouble in tight coverage and is mainly a deep threat. I bet Chan talked it over and said they have Easley to spread the field and Johnson to find a way to get open; with Chandler coming into play and Parrish in the slot, we can afford to move Lee. Take in Nelson as well it's not that bad of a move, but we shold have gotten an easy third rounder for Lee, and anything less is not considered decent. Nix should open;ly appoligize for saying if it makes the team better; because he just ate his words with the trade. I'm not bashing Nix for getting rid of Lee and I loved Lee and hope he takes the Ravens to the big dance; I am saying he got Buffalo a raw deal with the draft pick we will be getting.

Ozzie: "Hey, Buddy-I'd like to trade for Lee Evans. I'll start with offering a 2nd round pick..."

Buddy: "Woooo, Hold on der Doggie! Ya, can't moonshine me...How about I trade y'll Evans for a 4th rounder?"

Chuckles. For some reason.

Operating out of a position of weakness... exactly what we have come to expect. At least we locked up a top 3 pick again.

Didn't we just give this guy a $1.5 million bonus two weeks ago? NOW we dump his $2-3 million salary? What a joke.

I'm sure that late 4th pick we get will make a big impact...

Why?

I think it was a wise move. Evans trade value only goes down from here. We have a **** ton of young guys. I am happy for Naaman--this likely seals his spot on the roster.

This team is looking better everyday.

We'll use their pick next year on a too-small player from a too-small school somewhere in the south

What are the Bills offering to fans this year?

We'll use their pick next year on a too-small player from a too-small school somewhere in the south

What are the Bills offering to fans this year?

Are you f'ing sleeping. Undersized was the last regime. These guys are building a winner.

Drayton should watch his tongue or his ass will get traded too. Not exactly the team first response I bet Gailey was looking for.

you think he'd be upset by that, now? nix isn't exactly showing the team response either, that would involve trying to win. and this move is really going to make buffalo a more desirable landing spot for veteran free agents (not that they will EVER spend the money needed).