Evans traded to Baltimore

Jdragon2

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you think he'd be upset by that, now? nix isn't exactly showing the team response either, that would involve trying to win. and this move is really going to make buffalo a more desirable landing spot for veteran free agents (not that they will EVER spend the money needed).

Cry me a river.

Hey if you are so good at knowing what a team needs to do, why are you not running one?

I honestly think that this says a lot about what the team thinks of Jones and Roosevelt, more than anything else.

They didn't want to have to PS or cut Roosevelt.

...So you trade a well respected locker room leader and one of the more productive players on the team to ensure that no one steals Namaan Roosevelt from us? That's our reasoning?

Ravens acquire WR Lee Evans from Bills for 4th-round pick

The Ravens are really grasping at straws with this trade. At 30 years old, Lee Evans has lost a step. He no longer has his speed and should be considered a mediocre No. 2 receiver at best. Making matters worse, he's going to have to learn a brand new offense in one month before the regular season begins. The track record of non-elite wideouts changing teams is dubious, so it'll be a shock if Evans contributes much in 2011.

As for the Bills, they did a good job getting something for Evans. They probably won't make the playoffs in the next two years, so why not secure a mid-round selection for a declining receiver?

walterfootball.com

...So you trade a well respected locker room leader and one of the more productive players on the team to ensure that no one steals Namaan Roosevelt from us? That's our reasoning?

Yeah thats how all the great teams do it :bag::bag::bag:

My mistake. So we can put you down for 2013?

Haha definitely.

I think we can at least agree that the bills probably aren't even going to make the playoffs, let alone win the superbowl in the next couple of years. A lot of teams have had success building through the draft (GB, NYG, TB, KC). If you give up something now for a pick that can help you in 3-5 years I dont think its a bad deal. Besides if there was a position we could afford to lose a guy it was WR. We have a lot of young talent and potential on the team. Everyone will forget this deal very quickly if Nelson or Easley has a breakout year.

I honestly think that this says a lot about what the team thinks of Jones and Roosevelt, more than anything else.

They didn't want to have to PS or cut Roosevelt.

I agree. With reports out of camp that Naaman hasn't dropped a pass and with guys like Peter King stating that he thinks Donald Jones is going to be a huge surprise, the Bills FO thought that they could get some value for a guy who didn't fit into their offensive scheme, and fill that with the younger guys.

I'm alright with the move, but I do realize they send a message that they aren't going to compete this year.

Drayton Florence likely knows as well as anyone, including Nix and Gailey, how good and how valuable a player Lee Evans is. And his response is "WTF Are we trying to win now or later?" and "If I would have known now..." That's about all you need to know.

This was a salary dump, plain and simple, and may not have even been made by Nix and Gailey, and I have very good reason to believe it wasn't, from someone that would know.

It's what Nix and Gailey are stuck with, and explains a lot about why bigger name coaches and GMs wouldn't sign here. Maybe they were told they wouldn't always have final say in personnel matters. And explains we didn't go after some players in FA, and didn't make a big enough offer to Clabo. And ten dozen other questionable moves by the front office in the last decade or so.

I'm not even going to criticize Nix on this one. I don't think he did it. And I think it's possible if not likely he signed Buster Davis knowing that he was going to lose Evans, and not because he wanted to trade Evans.

If Easley stays healthy AND can get deep on starting NFL CBs and Safeties in real games AND can make plays so teams have to worry about the Bills going downfield, this will work out well. Those are a lot of ifs.

I always liked Evans and wish they got more, but that is not a reality. It may not even be a wasted pick this year (unlike the last two) when I pick Evans in my fantasy draft.

Nix is not a fan of smallish WR's, unless they are slot guys, which Lee certainly is not. Take a look at the WR's in SD they are bigger, and did not have a straight speed receiver. Other than Parrish and Jones, all the other receivers on the team now are at least 6' tall.