Evans traded to Baltimore

Jdragon2

Do you really think the subtraction of Lee Evans from this team secures them the #1 overall pick. I submit that the difference is NEVER a WR.

I understand the frustration as I'm a Bills season ticket holder living in Chicago, but the hysteria over the Bills trading a 30 year old who had 37 catches on a 4-12 team is ridiculous.

Hey, we lost with him....we can lose without him.

Agreed. I just can't see how losing Evans is going to sink us this year.

I actually didn't even think he was much of a deep threat last year-- seemed like we ran more fly patterns with Johnson and Parrish than with Evans.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you're quite wrong. They traded a fourth FOR Moss and a fifth FOR Ochocinco. They traded Deion Branch for a FIRST ROUND pick.

I'm not specifically talking about WR. They ship aging talent out where they have younger talent coming up. Plus they are a few away from a great team, we are many away.

Actually, you're quite wrong. They traded a fourth FOR Moss and a fifth FOR Ochocinco. They traded Deion Branch for a FIRST ROUND pick.

Do you remember that the Pats TRADED Moss last year? For a 3rd and 7th. I'm willing to be they'll unload Ochocinco in a couple years for a 3rd or 4th as well.

Do you remember that the Pats TRADED Moss last year? For a 3rd and 7th. I'm willing to be they'll unload Ochocinco in a couple years for a 3rd or 4th as well.

That's one. What about the other three? Don't forget that they traded Richard Seymour for a high first as well. They aren't in the business of dumpster diving for draft picks, which is what you're arguing.

Its official....I hate this franchise now....flame away at me tell me to go die or leave...whatever!! Dipshits run this franchise and a complete idiot of an owner!!! Ban me idc...this org can !@#$ off

You aren't going to draw things on Buddy Nix's lawn with shaving cream now are you?

I'm all for the Lee Evans trade. Its the right move for a team like the Bills. Yes, he is a type of weapon that we could use but it appears his career has peaked. Get rid of him and let the young guys play and develop. Keep this cycle going for years. The Patriots and Steelers use the same cycle and as a result they are elite franchises.

I just don't know what Chan Gailey is supposed to say to his team right now. There is no way to explain to the team that you are better off w/o Lee Evans. Thats a bad note to start off the season on.

Just a thought and trying to think in a positive light, even if is was a cash savings move and defintaley not trying to hijack this thread; but...

Ralphie has said before that his family his wife has no desire to keep the team and run the team. It is also believed that outside of his wife, were he to will it to a member other than his wife, they would not be able to pay the estate taxes. Could it be that the reason for tightening the wallet is to grab as much cash as he can and earn enough reserves for someone in his family other than his wife to be able to afford the estate taxes?

I am frustrated because I see no point in this move at this time of the season. I have not heard anywhere that other WRs were outperforming him and he was in danager of being cut. He had 2 years left, we are way under the cap and if they wanted to ship him off draft time would have been a better time...I am looking for some other perspective other than Ralph is cheap Overdorf sucks, we drafted another CB, we are doomed etc...ugh

That's one. What about the other three? Don't forget that they traded Richard Seymour for a high first as well. They aren't in the business of dumpster diving for draft picks, which is what you're arguing.

my point was simple

they trade aging stars in positions where they have young talent and "yes" they do trade for aging talent, where they need it.

I don't know what everyone is upset about - the Bills have drafted plenty of solid picks in the 4th round over the past decade:

Da'Norris Searcy

Chris Hairston

Marcus Easley

Shawn Nelson

Reggie Corner

Derek Fine

Dwayne Wright

Ko Simpson

Raymond Preston

Tim Euhus

Terrence mcGee

Sam Aiken

Brandon Spoon

Terrence McGee was a starter, and Ko Simpson is worth millions! I'm sure we are going to get a solid player who will all have us remembering our former first round pick and #1 WR and saying, Lee Who?

:wallbash:

Now that I think about this, didn't Chan say something in his long interview with Tim Graham (where he basically said Maybin is not any good) that Evans has to start going over the middle? I wonder if he just has been proving that he is not willing to do that?

If that is not the case, this trade is just flat out horrible.