Evans traded to Baltimore

Jdragon2

If Lee Evans played for any other team and we traded away a 4th rounder for him people would be up in arms! You guys are seeing the name Lee Evans and thinking (2006) when in reality he hasn't been that player in a very long time.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this is an admission that Nix knows he is still in major rebuilding mode and does not expect much from the offense this year. So he figured he'd take the 4th now when he could get it rather than gamble on getting nothing for Evans after this season. I'm not sure I agree, particularly with Evans in the cheap years of his contract, but it's Buddys call. Hopefully he gets someone decent next draft or this just makes him look foolish.

I'm happy for Evans though. Gives him a shot with Flacco who can put the ball accurately downfield.

Edited by CodeMonkey

This is just what I thought. He's the only #1 who really panned out in umpteen years and we trade him!

I suppose being a No. 1 is all relative when you play with the Bills. The guy has averaged 54 catches a year for God's sake. Those are Nate Burleson numbers...

Which means Ken Whisenhunt is apparently smarter than the last 10 years of BILLS' coaches and understands that you need to get the ball to your best players. Perhaps that's why he's actually been to the Super Bowl.

Sooooo is that your rebuttal? Seriously, so now its not the player its the coach. How about an actual Bills player. Eric Moulds. Eric was by far, a much more productive receiver. He was a true #1. And he had just as crappy QB and Coaching.

Looking forward to how well that "burner" Stevie Johnson does against double coverage. For the sake of all you idiots who said 'Good Riddance to Evans, I hope he still performs. Otherwise I will enjoy bringing this up the entire season.

He was never doubled at all last year?

Which means Ken Whisenhunt is apparently smarter than the last 10 years of BILLS' coaches and understands that you need to get the ball to your best players. Perhaps that's why he's actually been to the Super Bowl.

Oh here we go.

Players don't perform, must be the coaches fault.

Players perform, all praise beith the coaching staff, unless it's the Bills coaching staff.

Edited by The Big Cat

Looking forward to how well that "burner" Stevie Johnson does against double coverage. For the sake of all you idiots who said 'Good Riddance to Evans, I hope he still performs. Otherwise I will enjoy bringing this up the entire season.

Some fan you are, hoping for a bad season. Why don't you buy a Raven jersey and cheer Lee Evens running the one pattern he knows

They likely will do that. The point is, they could keep Lee Evans, and his relatively low salary, as well as pay Kyle Williams what he is worth.

Yep, that's why I think that this WASN'T a financial decision.

I'm interpreting that they feel that Lee is a good player but not a perfect fit for what they're tying to do and they've got a logjam of (potential) players at the WR position. They got something for Lee when they likely couldn't next year.

I think that it's faith that at least one of our young guys can step up to be opposite Stevie J. We really haven't been getting great production out of Lee...

Never mind that ****!

This is an opportunity to lord presumption over highly paid professionals!

HARUMPH!

Somebody, anybody, clarify for me:

a.) Did we trade a receiver who had 81 catches over his last 29 starts?

Or b.) did we trade away a decoy?

If I'm missing anything, let me know...

Otherwise, please tell me under which scenario (a or b) did we get the short end of the stick with a fourth round draft pick?

Production just hasnt been there. No sacred cows. Are you listening cj?

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I suppose being a No. 1 is all relative when you play with the Bills. The guy has averaged 54 catches a year for God's sake. Those are Nate Burleson numbers...

#1 draft pick, which is what Pete was referring to.

I don't think either Gailey or Nix are capable of capitulation.

I stand by the captulation stance.

Trading Evans based on his perceived fit in Gailey's system is a judgement call. Fine, no problem. That's Buddy's prerogative as GM.

But getting nothing back that will help this year's team is a 'give up' move, unless the only goal for 2011 is to have a 16-week in-season training camp to get ready for 2012.

I'm a big supporter of Nix, but this is a real head scratcher for me--especially since they may have gotten more in a few weeks (or even in-season) from some desperate team with a lot of injuries...

It's not about cap space, as Bills stopped caring about it for a long time. This is about cold hard cash, and apparently for the money guy, paying $3 million to one of the few NFL caliber players on this roster was too much.

Friggin wankers. Way to destroy a team's morale before the pads even go on. For all the Norman Einstein GMs out there, tell me how many players are going to be willing to suck it up for the team beyond the bare minimum going forward. The whole point of this latest roster "rebuilding" is to wean the youngsters away from a loser's mentality. And yet, in 1 minute, you created a cloud of doubt and anger among the vets.

Way to cement the Mickey Mouse stature of the NFL.

Its about getting rid of an expensive mistake. Keeping a guy like that around, performing below even average, yet pulling down millions is not good for the team.