Evans traded to Baltimore

Jdragon2

HEY LEE, POUND SAND!....no in all seriousness he was a class act here and a real pro and i will miss watching him catch bombs...oh wait he hasn't done that in a while...nevermind..good riddance! :nana:

You may see him catching bombs again now that he has Flacco throwing to him. Time will tell.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember last years calm down thread just before we lost 8 in a row. If you're saying calm down football is meaningless entertainment then you're right - if you are saying calm down the Bills plan to put a competitive product on the field before Ralph dies and the Bills move to somewhere more profitable then you are wrong.

For 11 years we've seen these posts saying the same thing, "OH NO, The sky if falling!", "all you chicken littles!", or, my favorite, "we're dooooooooooooooommmmed".

Yet all these years later the chicken littles have been proven to be correct and all of you guys making fun of them have been proven to be wrong time and time again. You guys always use the same arguments too. "this isn't the same coach, front office, GM, QB, team, etc." Yet the result - 11 years running - is the same.

For all the flak Ralph gets the guy is a genius in keeping the fan base hopeful. All he has to do is keep getting rid of coaches and GMs and you'll have a large number of fans saying, "it's not this GM/Coaches fault, give him 3-4 years!" After 3-4 years we get to rinse and repeat with those same posters making the same statements.

In 2020 we'll be 20 years into rebuilding but since we're likely to have just hired a new coach you guys will be mockingly saying, "we're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED" when someone is unhappy with the losing culture and you'll be pleading with them to give the new GM 3-4 years because "this is the 1st year of rebuilding"

How many 1st round picks are busts. Lee was a fine player for the Bills for 7 years. The Bills needed to move on and create winners with the next batch of receivers. Evans only new losing and couldn't drive himself to "be better". Losing does that to you over time, not Evans fault but he couldn't change that with the Bills.

The funny thing is I truly only remember one game that Lee really made a difference. It was against Houston when Losman tossed two 80 yard plus TD's to Evans for the win. I can remember these type of plays many times from Andre Reed and a few of them from Moulds. You can go back even further for guys like Butler, Lewis, Piccone and Dubieon dominated games. Butler broke his leg on a TD catch and ended his career that way. Last year Stevie Johnson and Parrish were better recievers. The Bills way over paid for Lee Evans at 8.5 mil/yr on the last contract for the production they got.

What I really find weird is the percieved "leader" role Lee played. Every QB change was met with resistance from Lee, even Edwards being let go. The true leader on offense the last couple years has been Fred Jackson. Now it is Fitzpatrick as it should be. Lee's game was too one dimensional. He also couldn't block well or handle hand checks from aggressive CB's. As a second reciever for Baltimore he will be fine but the Bills didn't just lose a Pro-bowler. In alot of ways the Bills just got better, Stevie now is the number one reciever. Parrish will be two till Easley, Smith, Roosevelt or Davis comes to the front. Nelson and Jones are good role recievers but not number two types yet. Whoever ends up the second receiver will have better stats then Evans the past two years. Here's hoping Stevie gets a #1 receiver's extension and we all can move on. As a matter of fact I will bet when the season starts no one will miss Evans.

<snip>

I'm just happy to see Buddy and Chan doing something this team has needed for a long time. Get rid of the players that have been on this team for years of mediocrity. The players that we loved so much are the same guys that have been leaders of this team for the last 4-8 years. Getting rid of guys that cant/dont know how to win is a good thing. We need new leaders around here.

Agree 100%, and great point... until it falls apart when you consider Chris Kelsay. :bag:

Well, Lee Evans, you have finally gotten what I said you deserved for the last two years, a new start on a good, and contending, NFL team! Listen, I know that I'm gonna get blasted for this by a bunch of people who don't matter, but whatever. Look, Lee Evans has been the best reciever on this team for probably four years now, probably since Moulds left. Through the years, this poor man's talents have been wasted away by a team that has been baffled about what to do about a quarterback since Jim Kelly retired in 1996. Lee Evans never had anybody to throw the football to him. Names like J.P. Losman, Trent "checkdown" Edwards, Brian Brohm and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Now, while Fitz gave Lee one of the best recieving games last year against those Ravens, Fitz fell so in love with Steve Johnson and David Nelson, that it was a foregone conclusion that Lee Evans days in a Bills uniform were numbered.

Lee can still be an elite reciever in this league, and lets hope he becomes that opposite Anquan Boldin in Baltimore. He deserves it, he's been the quiet guy in Buffalo for alot of years while being a big fish in a small pond. The Bills are STILL rebuilding, but I'm not going to knock Buddy Nix and company for trading him. Now, what we traded him for? That I do have a problem with, but this post isn't about that, its about a guy who deserves to have success and has worked his tail off to achieve that success.

Bash all you want TSW...but it's the Bills bumbling front office (over the years) that is the reason Lee Evans is no longer a Buffalo Bill. Good Luck 83 jr., you will be missed by this Bills fan! (Now, BASH AWAY GUYS!)

Lee Evans will now have all the time in the world to run his deep routes. Hopefully Mr. Blindside Michael Oher will keep Flacco from getting destroyed. I don't dislike Evans but he was a one-dimensional receiver who was too often taken out of games.