Evans traded to Baltimore

Jdragon2

Also. My biggest point in previous posts, something that NO ONE has talked about: What kind of message does this send to the team? All of whom had high regard for Evans and many of whom had a lot of faith in the Bills being a strong team this coming season. Florence sums it up, and let me just say, he HAS EVERY right to feel this way.

His Twitter

His Tweets:

Are we trying to win now or later????#wtfnoworlater

Wtf wtf wtf

If I knew that was gonna happen .............??

Wtf

Contrary to what Bills fans think, anyone who played with Lee knew he was a top talent. Especially if you trust the opinion of a guy who was defending against him in practice.

You all are acting as if he was James Lofton, Andre Reed, or even Eric Moulds, who he is not. They were teammates, and when you get to know someone you have a natural reaction like he did.

On the other hand, you being a fan and reacting the way you are is based on your OPINION of his talent and not by some emotional attachment to him. I have sat back and seen you try and make those who favor this trade out to be rookies and idiots. NO more... he's older, hasn't done much for us lately, and was replaceable.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I think about this, didn't Chan say something in his long interview with Tim Graham (where he basically said Maybin is not any good) that Evans has to start going over the middle? I wonder if he just has been proving that he is not willing to do that?

If that is not the case, this trade is just flat out horrible.

Yes! Chan thinks he is a softy! No need for a guy like that on this team. Good riddance!

I am posting this here since the Moderator wants every post bunched up in one thread now :(

I think what we all fail to realize is that we are fans and what we care about is Winning, not the amount of money that is going in our pocket when thinking about the bills.

Cutting Lee Evans for nothing (4th round pick 90-100 times means nothing) in order to save the 3.5million and 1.5 roster bonus = 5 Million this year is a cost cutting move by this organization. There is no other way to put it.

We watched those last 3 games last year without Lee, you all saw the production from every other receiver drop. This team does not care about winning nor any of us. It cares about the Money in our pocket.

I am sorry you don't trade a Team Leader for nothing. Imagine how everyone on the team is thinking about this. This is a garbage move and for the first time in 20 Years see why everyone calls this organization as cheap. They are now 30 million under the cap.

I hope you all know the reason why they are really doing this. In 3 years they have to use 99% of the cap. That is part is the new CBA. So there cash flow of the extra 20-30 million that they don't spend on players each year is going to be gone. What they are doing is trying to make as much money as they can the next two years to make up for using all the cap space the following years.

I am fuming!

I am posting this here since the Moderator wants every post bunched up in one thread now :(

I think what we all fail to realize is that we are fans and what we care about is Winning, not the amount of money that is going in our pocket when thinking about th.

I am sorry you don't trade a Team Leader for nothing. Imagine how everyone on the team is thinking about this. This is a garbage move and for the first time in 20 Years see why everyone calls this organization as cheap. They are now 30 million under the cap.

I hope you all know the reason why they are really doing this. In 3 years they have to use 99% of the cap. That is part is the new CBA. So there cash flow of the extra 20-30 million that they don't spend on players each year is going to be gone. What they are doing is trying to make as much money as they can the next two years to make up for using all the cap space the following years.

I am fuming!

He was a waste of money

I think what we all fail to realize is that we are fans and what we care about is Winning, not the amount of money that is going in our pocket when thinking about the bills.

Cutting Lee Evans for nothing (4th round pick 90-100 times means nothing) in order to save the 3.5million and 1.5 roster bonus = 5 Million this year is a cost cutting move by this organization. There is no other way to put it.

We watched those last 3 games last year without Lee, you all saw the production from every other receiver drop. This team does not care about winning nor any of us. It cares about the Money in our pocket.

I am fuming!

No worries, .the stadium will still be filled and RW will continue to make as much money as he can.

BTW, should attendance falter a tad this season, the Bills will draft a QB in the first round next year to draw them all back into the fold.

So easy to toy with fans so desperate for a winner :bag:

Edited by Harvey lives

Honestly, as long as this doesn't affect Fitz's ability to get Stevie the ball, this doesn't hurt as much as you may think.

Sorry, but with this move it's very possible that Stevie's best games are behind him.

Big fan of KFBD's post.

At some point Bills fans have to bite the bullet and come to understand that the current ownership situation makes it very difficult to judge these moves without a heavy dose of cynicism. As I've said before, for all of those in denial who are saying that Evans sucks and is overrated, just remember, those of us who believe that this has more to do with salary than it does with production have 10 years of evidence. You guys don't have anything.

I love the Bills. I think they'll stay in Buffalo. And I think that, generally speaking, Gailey and Nix are doing a good job in a tricky situation. But, the mismanagement of this franchise has been going on for awhile. There is a ton of evidence to support the view that various roster decisions over the past couple of years deserve to be viewed in the context of people above the GM having an influence.

I personally don't think that someone said, "we need to get 4 million off the books"! I think more or less someone said to Buddy "Do you need him? Because if not, lets take the draft pick and the money and move on". At least we know that in 2 years the Bills won't be able to sell out their fans like this, bc there will be a salary camp minimum. But, I'm very suspect of this move.

No, they actively sought to move him. He was shopped around to find anyone who would take him. Heck, they even trashed him in the media for not catching balls in traffic, which is true

Let's hold off for a bit before condemning this trade. Maybe they'll take the money they saved and get some help for the OL. Evans did not have a good year last year or the year before. I think we'll be okay without him. We stunk with him. How much worse can we be? I will miss him not catching passes (average 2-3 per game), and honestly I don't think i could pick him out of a police lineup if he wasn't wearing his gear.

Yes, posts are much more readable if they are all spread out and have plenty of elbow room.

I think what you fail to realize is, the guy who actually writes the checks DOES care what is going out of his pocket and your attitude is why he doesn't really give a crap what the fans think.

I know this has probably already been posted (I don't have time to read through 13 pages) but I'd like to add my 1/2 cent.

I think this is a terrible move. Who is going to catch the ball now? Donald Jones? C'mon. Teams are going to double-team Steve Johnson likes there no tomorrow. Just when I thought we were making small subtle steps forward...

Not only do we lose Evans, we lose someone who could've tutored these younger guys.

Ozzie: "Hey, Buddy-I'd like to trade for Lee Evans. I'll start with offering a 2nd round pick..."

Buddy: "Woooo, Hold on der Doggie! Ya, can't moonshine me...How about I trade y'll Evans for a 4th rounder?"

Reminds me of his quote when he was hired. "not the smartest guy in the room."

I know this has probably already been posted (I don't have time to read through 13 pages) but I'd like to add my 1/2 cent.

I think this is a terrible move. Who is going to catch the ball now? Donald Jones? C'mon. Teams are going to double-team Steve Johnson likes there no tomorrow. Just when I thought we were making small subtle steps forward...

And stack eight in the box.

Not only do we lose Evans, we lose someone who could've tutored these younger guys.

Not to worry, they've still got Parrish. :unsure:

Let's hold off for a bit before condemning this trade. Maybe they'll take the money they saved and get some help for the OL. Evans did not have a good year last year or the year before. I think we'll be okay without him. We stunk with him. How much worse can we be? I will miss him not catching passes (average 2-3 per game), and honestly I don't think i could pick him out of a police lineup if he wasn't wearing his gear.

I hate to agree with the "tank the season for Luck" crowd, but this awful trade combined with NO attempt to get any upgrade on the OL points to the Bills being the Cleveland Indians in the movie Major League where the owners want the team to fail to move it. Hits home