Schefter twittering deal in the works

for what it's worth, i don't think the bills were wrong for refusing to pay Nate Clements the lucrative contract he got from the 49ers. Nate was a very good CB, but he was asking for the moon and the stars above.

the biggest regret Bills fans should have should regard the loss of Pat Williams.

jw

Agree John. Anyone crying in their cups over the loss of Nate Clements should watch competitive lumberjacking, not football, since they're clearly not following it.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree John. Anyone crying in their cups over the loss of Nate Clements should watch competitive lumberjacking, not football, since they're clearly not following it.

Dude don't knock lumberjacking it's better than the World's Strongest Man. I cry everytime I see his replacement McKelvin return a kickoff, and play pass defense. In my opinion losing Clements has done more bad than good. So what if we would have paid him $80 million he's worth it, compared to McKelvin, Maybin and so many more. Dockery, Walker, are all guys who we paid 1/3 to 1/2 as much and we got crap in return. You retain your best players, my opinion won't be swayed.

Sometimes I think you good ole boys: No Saint, Zulu, PTR are all embedded at the real One Bills Drive. You are the Fox News for the Bush Administration, they (Bills Front Office) can do no wrong. I think No Saint is Chris Brown, Zulu is Russ Brandon, and PTR is Jeffrey Littman. As for John Warrow you are Ralph. Watch out TBD we've entered the "No Spin Zone".

for what it's worth, i don't think the bills were wrong for refusing to pay Nate Clements the lucrative contract he got from the 49ers. Nate was a very good CB, but he was asking for the moon and the stars above.

the biggest regret Bills fans should have should regard the loss of Pat Williams.

jw

I disagree my friend. I think that the Bills stupid draft picks are what put us in this hole..... Whitner, Spiller, Lynch, McKelvin, Maybin, Parrish, Losman, Youboty, Mike Williams, etc.

You simply cannot draft this collection of shrimps, simps, and a useless blimp with your best picks and expect to win because it's impossible. This is not to mention a collection of useless UFAs.

Before Levitre, and POSSIBLY Wood, the best offensive lineman the Bills drafted was Jonas Jennings. What good OL did they draft before him?

Couple the above with hirings such as Levy, Jauron, and Brandon (for whom I call for his immediate dismissal), what chance did this team (or the suffering fans) have? Even with Big Pat they would have been weak sisters.

Dude don't knock lumberjacking it's better than the World's Strongest Man. I cry everytime I see his replacement McKelvin return a kickoff, and play pass defense. In my opinion losing Clements has done more bad than good. So what if we would have paid him $80 million he's worth it, compared to McKelvin, Maybin and so many more. Dockery, Walker, are all guys who we paid 1/3 to 1/2 as much and we got crap in return. You retain your best players, my opinion won't be swayed.

Sometimes I think you good ole boys: No Saint, Zulu, PTR are all embedded at the real One Bills Drive. You are the Fox News for the Bush Administration, they (Bills Front Office) can do no wrong. I think No Saint is Chris Brown, Zulu is Russ Brandon, and PTR is Jeffrey Littman. As for John Warrow you are Ralph. Watch out TBD we've entered the "No Spin Zone".

Damn math.... It'll get you every time. No need to resort to name calling just cause it's so simple to see you are wrong on this. Especially with a team turning over coaches, players and systems every 3 years- it's nice not amortizing bonuses for 4. Dead space is no good.

jw

Under a cap system you can't keep all your players. You have to make decisions based on value. As you noted the Bills made the right decision on not re-signing Clements for the contract he wanted. On the other hand the Bills made a mistake on letting Pat Williams go (as you noted). Trading Jason Peters was not the major problem when he was dealt. The organization knew over the prior two years what his contract demands were. Letting him go without a reasonable alternative to fill the void was the real mistake. If the Bills would have drafted OT Oher with their first pick that year instead of Maybin then Peters's departure could have turned out very positive for us, especially since we picked Woods with the Eagle pick.

The Bills are in the lower rung tier not because of an inadequate cash flow to pay for talent; they are a lower tier team because they in general draft poorly and make unsound personnel decisions. They simply are a mediocrely managed organization.

Green Bay, Pittsburgh and Baltimore are not major revenue operations. They succeed because they are well run franchises. It starts at the top. When you have a looney owner who promotes a marketing guru (Brandon) to be the head of the football operation there should be no surprises about the outcome.

Presently, the football operation is in the hands of good football people. If the owner and his core Michigan business advisors allow the football staff to do their jobs without major interference, in time, the franchise will become relevant again.

As opposed to what? Spending money you don't have?

PTR

Thank you. Some people just don't understand economic reality. They are one of the

lowest revenue teams in the league with among the lowest ticket prices. They can't spend

what they don't have.

I hope that the spouses of these people constantly badger them for not spending more

than they make.

Watch SF some time. Clements is barely playing up to a $20 million dollar contract, let alone an 80 dollar one.

I disagree my friend. I think that the Bills stupid draft picks are what put us in this hole..... Whitner, Spiller, Lynch, McKelvin, Maybin, Parrish, Losman, Youboty, Mike Williams, etc.

You simply cannot draft this collection of shrimps, simps, and a useless blimp with your best picks and expect to win because it's impossible. This is not to mention a collection of useless UFAs.

Before Levitre, and POSSIBLY Wood, the best offensive lineman the Bills drafted was Jonas Jennings. What good OL did they draft before him?

Couple the above with hirings such as Levy, Jauron, and Brandon (for whom I call for his immediate dismissal), what chance did this team (or the suffering fans) have? Even with Big Pat they would have been weak sisters.

there's truth to this, Bill. the draft picks have been terrible inconsistent, and a significant reason for the team's lost decade. the coaching carousel didn't help.

Jonas was a good player and emerging team leader, but if i recall correctly, there questions about several injuries when he entered free agency. as much as i did like Jennings, the injuries eventually dogged him for the rest of his career. too bad.

jw

Let's end the Ralph is not cheap BS right now, he will never spend money on the Bills to be successful. We need to swallow our medicine while he is alive & accept the fact that .500 ball in unattainable.

I hope that the 90% that teams have to spend a season forces Ralph to sell to a new group. He can't even bring himself to have any other name on the door but his for extra income, even though Toyota is everywhere in the parking lot.

I'm planning a celebration when he is gone, we have a chance then & only then.

Edited by Scrappy

Let's end the Ralph is not cheap BS right now, he will never spend money on the Bills to be successful. We need to swallow our medicine while he is alive & accept the fact that .500 ball in unattainable.

I hope that the 90% that teams have to spend a season forces Ralph to sell to a new group. He can't even bring himself to have any other name on the door but his for extra income, even though Toyota is everywhere in the parking lot.

90% spend....not a good idea for this player..I'm not sure he could be healthy enough

to be on the field 50% of the time. He would be fun to "cheer" for since he attended

a high school only 2 miles from my house in Arlington Texas.

Scrappy, your Uncle Scooby agrees with you on the premise that we aren't spending money wisely. When you operate on the cheap you tend to lose. Think of it like this, after a decade long of mismanagement you get where we are today. For every reason we can be optomistic on our Bills, there is another reason on why we should be pessimistic. I will believe it when I see it, as Buddy said "don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby."

Who is Mark Clayton and how does he know this info? Isn't he a WR on the Rams or the WR who used to play on the Dolphins?

The Bills have always been near the top of the league in cap figures. And, since we haven't been in a real cap mess in about 10 years, that money is going somwhere, and its not just dead cap space.

Who, in the past 5 years, was worth shelling big bucks on? And we've already established numerous times that Clements was NOT worth the $80 million. Schobel, McGee, and Evans got extensions and big bucks to stay here. Aside from Jabari Greer, who else should have Ralph paid the big bucks to?

Ralph also spent $75 million trying to improve the OL a few seasons ago. It failed, but he did spend the money, right? But i know, ralph is cheap.

Edited by Ramius