Seen enough of Brohm now?

I for one have seen enough of Brohm now to know why Green Bay give up on him. Watching him today brought back terible memories of #5. Whether you like Fitzpatrick or now, you gotta now know there was a good reason he was playing and Brohm was sitting.

Here's Brohm in action: Mayhem

We need to laugh at something today . . .

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

I admit that I was a Brohm supporter. He made Trent Edwards look like Johnny Unitas. That was the worst performance I've ever seen from a professional football team. And it all starts with the QB. He is horrible. Yikes.

I too admit I wanted to see Brohm to see what we had. Now we know and it is time to cut him. We need to bring in another Fitz from another FA cut to shore up our backup slot and build the lines through draft and FA. Dont see this team improving much next year. Gailey needs to sit down with nix and say "these are the people I want to stay put and these are the people I want you to change now make it happen". Good luck with this one Front Office!

I for one have seen enough of Brohm now to know why Green Bay give up on him. Watching him today brought back terible memories of #5. Whether you like Fitzpatrick or now, you gotta now know there was a good reason he was playing and Brohm was sitting.

Yes I have, thank you. Even Brown looked better.

I took a lot of S##T from the Brohm boys the past year + just because I was able to see enough in the 2009 Atlanta & preseason games, combined with the actions of the NFL GMs, to write the guy off. Instead of looking at the guy realistically all the Brohm boys could do was call me a hater & a lot worse when all I was was a better judge of his talent than they were. QBs are cut all the time without ever getting an NFL start, but the Brohm boys just made excuse after excuse for the guy. They misjudged his arm strength, his pocket awareness and his overall adjustment to the speed of the NFL. The most ridiculous of the bunch actually wanted to cut Fitzpatrick & annoint Brohm the starter last offseason, all because he looked good when they saw him in college. Today showed more than anything I could tell them, that Brohm could not handle the difference in the game from college to the pros. Now anyone who watched the game can see what was obvious to those of us labeled as haters by the Brohm fans. If they had just been rational, I would have let it go, but when they resorted to the insults & name calling all because I was the better judge of his talent, it reached the point of where the only way they'd get it was to see a game like today. I'm glad Fitz didn't play, not so much to prove me right, but to finally just shut up the ones who couldn't handle the truth.

I took a lot of S##T from the Brohm boys the past year + just because I was able to see enough in the 2009 Atlanta & preseason games, combined with the actions of the NFL GMs, to write the guy off.

First of all, I don't recall many "Brohm boys" unless that's your name for posters who look to see some evidence in actual play, before writing a guy off. If I recall correctly, your main evidence was that he was drafted in the second round and then cut (before being picked back up and put on the PS). That simply isn't evidence of any sort. As for his performances in preseason games, there were a few and he had good, and bad, efforts.

With that said, I am far from writing off Brohm based on his performance in this one game.

First of all, I don't recall many "Brohm boys" unless that's your name for posters who look to see some evidence in actual play, before writing a guy off. If I recall correctly, your main evidence was that he was drafted in the second round and then cut (before being picked back up and put on the PS). That simply isn't evidence of any sort. As for his performances in preseason games, there were a few and he had good, and bad, efforts.

With that said, I am far from writing off Brohm based on his performance in this one game.

Great, you can keep posting about him. The best part is that you aren't making any decisions for this team. I think decisiveness is one of the things that has been lacking from this organization, and I think they made one today.

It will be great to read some more preposterous notions from you about how "we just don't know what we have in Brohm". I am kinda like you, except my guy was Joe Dufek, I mean Dufek really got short-changed! Gary Marangi too!

Keep'em coming Deano!

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Admittedly, I've made this mistake before (Edwards, Trent), but I'm hard-pressed to toss a second string qb out in the trash after playing a defense as good as the jets behind the latest incarnation of our o-line. Unless I misread the tv screen, someone named Ally Beal was starting his first game. And yeah, the jets were resting starters but there has to be a significant trade off with the line we had going.

Where the disconnect for me comes is when fans are lobbying for Brohm to start as if Gailey in completely unaware of what he brings to the table. Finally----it's a game of rhythm and it was awfully unfortunate for him that SJ fumbled on the first drive of the game after a nice play. Message to Stevie, too---hold on to the ball like it means something ALL the time.

writing off may be drastic, based on the circumstances, but backup at best. i didn't like his inability to read the D. when one side of the line is overloaded, you have adjust the protection. fitz does this routinely. brohm just doesn't seem aware enough to be a starting qb. he made a couple good throws. that's it. no 'qb of the future' stuff on display today.

I'm pretty sure the coaches have seen enough of brohm, even if some of you haven't yet. How many more times should he be thrown in there to get murdered before the plug is pulled for good? Gailey and his staff have seen this guy in camp every day and in practice every day, all year. That's why he doesn't play and shouldn't play.

They tossed him out there against a 2nd string jets' secondary and he did nothing. Case closed. No need to reserve judgment any longer.

Edited by Zulu Cthulhu

I was one that wanted Brohm to have his chance in a regular season game. Well he has had it and now I agree with his detractors. Let's see him in the preseason to see if he even keeps the number two slot.

:wallbash:

Yeah, two throwaway games is plenty. :lol:

There are no such things as "throwaway" games to a 4-12 franchise. If any of these players viewed this game as a throw away then they shouldn't be playing in the NFL. At 4-12, you play for pride, you play for respect, you play for a spot on the roster. Today was Brohms day to prove that he belonged on this team, and he didn't do it. The players didn't rally behind him, and it didn't look like he did much to try to rally them.

I knew we were in trouble today when I saw Brohm starting. Going into the game, he had 0 TD's in the NFL (including preseason). Today he threw a TD, but it was to the Jets.

Say more, please.

What would you need to see before you write him off?

Being #3 to 2 very good QB in GB and put on the PS there didn't bother me.

Last season against Falcons - hey, he only had a month to learn the system, the Bills O wasn't very dynamic and had IMO been poorly coached most of the season. I made allowances.

This year, he had the same amount of time as Fitz to learn the playbook. He had all week to prepare.

This game bothered me.

He ain't ready to be a starter.

And if he needs more playing time to be ready to come in and play, how can he be a backup?

If he can't be a backup, and he ain't ready to be a starter, just where does he fit in the NFL?

Just a reminder - Jimbo's first NFL game stats (which was vs the Jets):

20 completions on 33 attempts, 292 yds, 3 TD's, no INT's.

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

I will freely admit i that wanted to see some backups today. I definitly wanted to see Brohm. I do not know if it was fair with his starting rg/rt and practice squad receivers. But when he could not adjust to a three second drop and throw i was concerned he was hit in the head by a Jet early on.

He did not step up or adjust his play. What he did do was show that Fitz has been performing miracles and our o line just is p poor

Edited by 3rdand12

His shoelaces never once came untied.

His hands stayed nicely on his arms.

His tourette's syndrome was barely noticeable.

He nearly always knew which side of the field the Bills bench was on.

As often and as hard as Brohm was drilled today, that last is an accomplishment

Just a reminder - Jimbo's first NFL game stats (which was vs the Jets):

20 completions on 33 attempts, 292 yds, 3 TD's, no INT's.

Can you help me understand your point?

Brohm's performance shows how "good" Fitz is. He made the receivers and Oline look better then they are. As much as I love the Bill, next year would be beyond belief if they were in the running for the wild card. Given the distance this team still needs to go, I would be quite happy with another year of Fitz while they try and make a Defense that doesn't stuck the big one against the run.

He also had a shot last year in the Atlanta game. This was his second shot as a starter. Not impressed at all. Good college QB. Not a good pro Qb(so far). We didn't do a great job of protection but, he did nothing to get the ball out early and often to our WR's. Fitz is our guy!! Get over it. Lets go out and get us a MLB that scares every QB in the league. We need to find us a Ray Lewis jr.

Say more, please.

What would you need to see before you write him off?

More. Anyone writing a guy off after one start (his 2nd start in the NFL and 1st in over a year) has to be crazy.

Obviously he didn't deliver on any level today. But you simply don't write a guy off after a bad performance. I'm not suggesting the Bills have to keep him to see if he can do better, but if they do you will know why.

It's a shame that a voice of reason, thought, and intelligence will soon be drowned by the less endowed masses. Thanks for trying.

I couldn't help but think of how good Flynn looked against New England recently. I was hoping the difference between Flynn and Brohm was negligible and Brohm would have been produced 'something' on the field. I was wrong.

I too have seen enough. :ph34r:

There is no logical argument to keep Brohm on the roster.

He cannot be trusted to enter a game.

You can sign a much better Backup QB.

It absolutely makes no sense to argue this guy deserves a roster spot. He has done nothing in his career in the NFL and has done nothing when given a chance to play.

You need to trust that the #2 QB can atleast dump off. He looked like the worst play of JP Lossman and Trent Edwards combined.

Its amazing anyone could try to argue he is worth a roster spot.

Tyler Thigpen will be a FA, it makes an infinite more amount of sense to sign Thigpen as the #2 or #3 depending on whether or not a QB is drafted than to waste a roster spot with that aBrohmination.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Brown didnt even get any snaps and I thought he showed more

Brown threw the last pick, finishing 2 of 3 with a pick. Brohm was bad, but so was the O-line. One thing for sure though, and I'm not a big Fitz supporter, is that I believe Fitz would have made much better line calls to get the blocks needed more often than Brohm. In fact, I'd bet that Wood made the calls more than did Brohm. I don't believe Brohm was any where near ready for the speed (as Gailey said in the post game).

No apologies, no excuses, Brohm stunk today, but how well did Fitz do last week? I must have missed something, as I thought he had 5 turnovers all by himself.

Edited by Spiderweb

I'm gonna admit that I thought brohm would be decent when we picked him up. He didnt look bad IMO last year considering he had a month to learn the playbook and meet everyone, plus it was better than the abomination that was Edwards.

However, this game was horrid. Its not like our line did much at all to protect him, but even Brown looked better today in his one drive (minus the overthrow that was miscommunication/lack of practice).

Yes, Brohm needs to be cut. Put Brown as the backup and pick someone else in FA (UDFA, Thigpen, whatever) for next year.

It's a shame that a voice of reason, thought, and intelligence will soon be drowned by the less endowed masses. Thanks for trying.

It's never fun trying to reason with a lynch mob. But somebody has to do it.

Brown threw the last pick, finishing 2 of 3 with a pick. Brohm was bad, but so was the O-line. One thing for sure though, and I'm not a big Fitz supporter, is that I believe Fitz would have made much better line calls to get the blocks needed more often than Brohm. In fact, I'd bet that Wood made the calls more than did Brohm. I don't believe Brohm was any where near ready for the speed (as Gailey said in the post game).

No apologies, no excuses, Brohm stunk today, but how well did Fitz do last week? I must have missed something, as I thought he had 5 turnovers all by himself.

Yes, Brohm was not good today. (That's an understatement.) There were many factors that contributed to his poor play. But like you say, "no excuses". It doesn't hurt however, to take a look a the various reasons/factors/influences before writing the guy off.

Yes, Brohm was not good today. (That's an understatement.) There were many factors that contributed to his poor play. But like you say, "no excuses". It doesn't hurt however, to take a look a the various reasons/factors/influences before writing the guy off.

You look at pros and cons.

What are the pros in keeping a backup QB that has no ability to deal with speed of the NFL?

You can make various excuses if you want.

There are dozens of guys that can hold a clip board that have more experience and potential than Brohm.

As I mentioned before, a voice of reason....... (agree as well).

Brohm stunk today, but as for writing him off on this performance alone? No, that would be simply a knee jerk reaction.