Seen enough of Brohm now?

More. Anyone writing a guy off after one start (his 2nd start in the NFL and 1st in over a year) has to be crazy.

Obviously he didn't deliver on any level today. But you simply don't write a guy off after a bad performance. I'm not suggesting the Bills have to keep him to see if he can do better, but if they do you will know why.

Fair enough.

The devil to me is in the details of the bad performance.

Fitz stunk up the joint last week against New England. His stink was the stench of trying too hard. We now know from Gailey's presser he was probably playing hurt, which would explain his strange reluctance to tuck in the ball and run.

I'm not saying Brohm is a bad QB; he has a strong arm and a nice touch and may have what it takes to be a nice pocket passer for a team with a strong line and an experienced center to call the protections.

That ain't the Bills, and for the next several years, it ain't gonna be the Bills.

A backup QB like Brohm would not be on a perennial playoff powerhouse.

One has to assume he's being taught some things. But he looks like he's learned nothing.

A #2 should be capable of stepping into a game or a short series of games and taking the reins with a 50-50 shot of winning them.

Brohm isn't that capable.

Hey, maybe Fitz is our #2, maybe Levi could be, but Brohm isn't. He's not a pimple on the azz of Brunell.

If i recall correctly. Levi threw two balls One was very hard and accurate The other Steve J broke off a timing pattern.

Not a fair start for either. The Jets had tasted blood and were in a frenzy. It was little scary. on an aside i watched S johnson against back up secondary.

I watched him all day. I'm still waiting. No blocking no pursuit. The o line needs Fitz and SJ needs Lee Evans.

This might take longer than we thought to get a real team on the field. Even Chan said as much.

I for one have seen enough of Brohm now to know why Green Bay give up on him. Watching him today brought back terible memories of #5. Whether you like Fitzpatrick or now, you gotta now know there was a good reason he was playing and Brohm was sitting.

Yeah if Fitzy goes down, like for more than a week, we're screwed. This needs to be seriously addressed. It a QB league. Need to have a good one on the Pine when called upon...

It's never fun trying to reason with a lynch mob. But somebody has to do it.

Yes, Brohm was not good today. (That's an understatement.) There were many factors that contributed to his poor play. But like you say, "no excuses". It doesn't hurt however, to take a look a the various reasons/factors/influences before writing the guy off.

I sincerely doubt that Brohm will be on the Bills next year.

I took a lot of S##T from the Brohm boys the past year + just because I was able to see enough in the 2009 Atlanta & preseason games, combined with the actions of the NFL GMs, to write the guy off. Instead of looking at the guy realistically all the Brohm boys could do was call me a hater & a lot worse when all I was was a better judge of his talent than they were. QBs are cut all the time without ever getting an NFL start, but the Brohm boys just made excuse after excuse for the guy. They misjudged his arm strength, his pocket awareness and his overall adjustment to the speed of the NFL. The most ridiculous of the bunch actually wanted to cut Fitzpatrick & annoint Brohm the starter last offseason, all because he looked good when they saw him in college. Today showed more than anything I could tell them, that Brohm could not handle the difference in the game from college to the pros. Now anyone who watched the game can see what was obvious to those of us labeled as haters by the Brohm fans. If they had just been rational, I would have let it go, but when they resorted to the insults & name calling all because I was the better judge of his talent, it reached the point of where the only way they'd get it was to see a game like today. I'm glad Fitz didn't play, not so much to prove me right, but to finally just shut up the ones who couldn't handle the truth.

Patting yourself on the back much? While it's true that Brohm looked horrible, you can't possibly blame that performance entirely on him. Gailey made absolutely no adjustment to counter the constant blitzing. Ever hear of a draw play or screen pass. I agree with you that Brohm was horrible, but certainly two starts and a few pre-season games are not enough of a sample size to write him off. Will he ever be a good NFL QB? Who knows? Not me, that's for sure, not based on two games that meant nothing. I don't know for sure if he can be any good, but I know for sure that I have seen enough of Fitzpatrick to know that he is not the answer either. He turns the ball over way too much to ever lead a team to a Super Bowl, or even the playoffs in my opinion. Mistakes can be overcome against bad teams and those are the only teams Fitz has been able to beat. Against good teams, those same mistakes will lead to blowouts, just like they did against New England. Bottom line, Brohm is too inexperienced and Fitz just isn't good enough. This team desperately needs a QB among other things. Building a DL and linebacking corps wouldn't be a bad idea either.

yup. brohm just doesn't see defenses. he didn't see blitzers, didn't change the protections, and didn't unload the ball when he had to.

yes, the line didn't play well, the receiving corps is decimated, and he threw a couple nice balls. but he is backup material at best.

Wouldn't or couldn't move in the pocket either. He was a sitting duck. :thumbdown:

Yes I have, thank you. Even Brown looked better.

I actually wanted to see Levi in there much sooner to get a look but that was more out of curiosity than anything else. I for one think Fitz is our guy even if it is only for a few more seasons. He is head and shoulders above anything we saw yesterday and it isn't even close.

Patting yourself on the back much? While it's true that Brohm looked horrible, you can't possibly blame that performance entirely on him. Gailey made absolutely no adjustment to counter the constant blitzing. Ever hear of a draw play or screen pass. I agree with you that Brohm was horrible, but certainly two starts and a few pre-season games are not enough of a sample size to write him off. Will he ever be a good NFL QB? Who knows? Not me, that's for sure, not based on two games that meant nothing. I don't know for sure if he can be any good, but I know for sure that I have seen enough of Fitzpatrick to know that he is not the answer either. He turns the ball over way too much to ever lead a team to a Super Bowl, or even the playoffs in my opinion. Mistakes can be overcome against bad teams and those are the only teams Fitz has been able to beat. Against good teams, those same mistakes will lead to blowouts, just like they did against New England. Bottom line, Brohm is too inexperienced and Fitz just isn't good enough. This team desperately needs a QB among other things. Building a DL and linebacking corps wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Who do you think makes those changes at the line ?? The QB changes the protections and plays based on what he sees in the defense and if he identifies the blitzes and coverages. It is BROHM who blew those plays my friend. Not Gailey.

As I mentioned before, a voice of reason....... (agree as well).

Brohm stunk today, but as for writing him off on this performance alone? No, that would be simply a knee jerk reaction.

Right. Brohm is a "who cares" guy to me. If he makes it through training camp next year, fine. If he doesn't, fine. He's shown nothing so far but maybe he's the best backup QB the Bills can get.

Obviously, if the Bills pick a QB in the draft, Brohm is gone and I doubt anyone (except Simon) will really miss him.

Can we finally move on? Zero offensive points. No ability to move the ball. Can't read defenses. Panics when pressured. Inaccurate.

Is this argument from 2009? I don't think many have been clamoring for Brohm to be the starter in Buffalo since last season. Certainly not since Fitz caught fire.

Has he been cut yet? One of the worst QB performances I've seen from a Bills quarterback. Obviously that's saying a lot.. vs scrubs no less..

A bit of an exaggeration wouldnt you say? Lets see, it wasnt against scrubs, the only 2 starters that sat were the 2 starting CB's. Hilarious that people keep saying against scrubs yet only Revis and Cro sat, their front seven were their starters most the game and they man handled this make shift offensive line. All 3 INT's were throws he was hit while throwing. WR's dropped several balls as well.

In fact, we were the one starting scrubs on the offense with practice squad players and guys who werent even on teams until we signed them during the season starting on our offense. We had way more 2nd and 3rd string players starting for our offense yesterday then the Jets did on D. Most of our starting offense yesterday at WR and O Line would most likely not be on a team like the Jets active roster let alone starting.

So while he definitely didnt come out and make a case to be the starter, I wouldnt say that this (only the second game of his career) ended his career like a lot of exaggerators want to make it out to be. The funny thing is, that Trent had many games worse than this and all you ever heard about was how Drew Brees took a few years of STARTING before he developed too so give Trent time. Now those same people sit around and lick their chops to condemn a guy who has 2 starts under his belt.

Not to mention, his only other start was under literally impossible conditions.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Also FWIW, I'm not sure this board was filled with a bunch of "Brohm lovers" ... more like folks wanted to give the kid (or for that matter any other warm body who just might show more upside than Fitz) a look.

Exactly...Because Fitz didnt show a whole lot last year, got beat out by Trent in preseason, and Brohm never got a chance to play with the starters. So its was more about lets see what the kid can do then being a "brohm lover" back then as Fitzy hadnt shown a whole lot up to that point. Fitz improved, but was still too inconsistent this year and mistake prone. At times he looked all pro and others he looked like a rookie making rediculous mistakes. Hopefully Fitz can improve some more, but I am still not sold on him either.

As far as Brohm goes, its way too early to condemn the kid and I still think he has potential and I would be surprised if he isnt on the roster next year unless we take another QB in the draft in the first few rounds.

Edited by Alphadawg7

A bit of an exaggeration wouldnt you say? Lets see, it wasnt against scrubs, the only 2 starters that sat were the 2 starting CB's. Hilarious that people keep saying against scrubs yet only Revis and Cro sat, their front seven were their starters most the game and they man handled this make shift offensive line. All 3 INT's were throws he was hit while throwing. WR's dropped several balls as well.

In fact, we were the one starting scrubs on the offense with practice squad players and guys who werent even on teams until we signed them during the season starting on our offense. We had way more 2nd and 3rd string players starting for our offense yesterday then the Jets did on D. Most of our starting offense yesterday at WR and O Line would most likely not be on a team like the Jets active roster let alone starting.

So while he definitely didnt come out and make a case to be the starter, I wouldnt say that this (only the second game of his career) ended his career like a lot of exaggerators want to make it out to be. The funny thing is, that Trent had many games worse than this and all you ever heard about was how Drew Brees took a few years of STARTING before he developed too so give Trent time. Now those same people sit around and lick their chops to condemn a guy who has 2 starts under his belt.

Not to mention, his only other start was under literally impossible conditions.

There are plenty of guys who get waived out of the league who NEVER get to start 2 games, or even 1, or EVER get any playing time. So why don't we bring in all the rejects & give them two starts and then keep the best one on the roster? This we have to see more garbage from the Brohm hanger ons is getting old. He sucked last year, he sucked in camp, he sucked this year. When will it sink in to the Brohm boys that he has NEVER led his team in any playing time to a TD? Even Levi Brown has done that in a lot less time.

Those impossible conditions you speak about will always be there-any time Brohm has to face an NFL caliber defense in a regular season game, he will always face impossible conditions.

It's time for Brohm to go back home & get a high school coaching job & get on with his life. Who knows, maybe in 5-10 years he can actually have a decent career as a coach, because he surely doesn't have a future as an NFL QB. He doesn't need one more second of time, he needs to get on with his life & start a productive career in coaching, or whatever field he's best suited for. I wish him luck in his next career, but as a ticket buying fan the only time I ever want to see him on an NFL field again is in an opponent's uniform, because with Brohm at QB, the opponent is always in good shape.

Exactly...Because Fitz didnt show a whole lot last year, got beat out by Trent in preseason, and Brohm never got a chance to play with the starters. So its was more about lets see what the kid can do then being a "brohm lover" back then as Fitzy hadnt shown a whole lot up to that point. Fitz improved, but was still too inconsistent this year and mistake prone. At times he looked all pro and others he looked like a rookie making rediculous mistakes. Hopefully Fitz can improve some more, but I am still not sold on him either.

As far as Brohm goes, its way too early to condemn the kid and I still think he has potential and I would be surprised if he isnt on the roster next year unless we take another QB in the draft in the first few rounds.

What are you talking about? Fitzpatrick was the QB in 5 of the 6 2009 wins. Perry Fewell & his teammates loved the guy, but you were in your Brohm haze & missed 2009.

As far as Brohm goes, it's way too LATE for the guy. If he's on the roster next year, it would mean the Bills have no NFL caliber backups behind Fitzpatrick. There's no rational reason for Brohm to get one more dollar of Ralph Wilson's money.

It's never fun trying to reason with a lynch mob. But somebody has to do it.

Yes, Brohm was not good today. (That's an understatement.) There were many factors that contributed to his poor play. But like you say, "no excuses". It doesn't hurt however, to take a look a the various reasons/factors/influences before writing the guy off.

Generally I find your comments very reasonable. I do think that, unless they are seeing much better work from Brohm in practice, enough that they have confidence he can come in and move the football if he has to, it would not surprise me a bit if they let him go in favor either of a rookie they want to school, or a reliable backup. He just looked out of his depth.

He was under a lot of pressure today, and you can perhaps explain some of his problems by that, but frankly, watching him his lack of pocket presence reminded me uncomfortably of Trent Edwards, and to a degree of J.P. Losman.

I trust the coaches to figure this out by May. If the Bills do draft a QB, I think he is definitely gone.

I couldn't help but think of how good Flynn looked against New England recently. I was hoping the difference between Flynn and Brohm was negligible and Brohm would have been produced 'something' on the field. I was wrong.

I too have seen enough. :ph34r:

Lets see how Flynn would look againts N.E. with two practice squaud recievers and a number one reciever who drops alot a balls. I wish we had the recievers that Green Bay has, we would had a couple more wins.

Edited by Hanoverbills

There are plenty of guys who get waived out of the league who NEVER get to start 2 games, or even 1, or EVER get any playing time. So why don't we bring in all the rejects & give them two starts and then keep the best one on the roster? This we have to see more garbage from the Brohm hanger ons is getting old. He sucked last year, he sucked in camp, he sucked this year. When will it sink in to the Brohm boys that he has NEVER led his team in any playing time to a TD? Even Levi Brown has done that in a lot less time.

Those impossible conditions you speak about will always be there-any time Brohm has to face an NFL caliber defense in a regular season game, he will always face impossible conditions.

It's time for Brohm to go back home & get a high school coaching job & get on with his life. Who knows, maybe in 5-10 years he can actually have a decent career as a coach, because he surely doesn't have a future as an NFL QB. He doesn't need one more second of time, he needs to get on with his life & start a productive career in coaching, or whatever field he's best suited for. I wish him luck in his next career, but as a ticket buying fan the only time I ever want to see him on an NFL field again is in an opponent's uniform, because with Brohm at QB, the opponent is always in good shape.

What are you talking about? Fitzpatrick was the QB in 5 of the 6 2009 wins. Perry Fewell & his teammates loved the guy, but you were in your Brohm haze & missed 2009.

As far as Brohm goes, it's way too LATE for the guy. If he's on the roster next year, it would mean the Bills have no NFL caliber backups behind Fitzpatrick. There's no rational reason for Brohm to get one more dollar of Ralph Wilson's money.

Funny how you site the wins, but not Fitzs performance in 2009. The mere fact that he was beat out by Trent should tell you that they hadnt seen enough out of him yet either. I knew you would chime in with some unintelligent post. The majority of your posts seem to just be factless, pointless, rants and your bases of your evaluations are comical at best.

So, let me ask you this, what was Fitz's QB rating in 2009? Let me help you, since facts alwasy seem to escape you. He completed only 55% of his passes, posted a dismal 69 QB rating, and threw more INT's than TD's (10 ints, 9 TD's), and he averaged a pathetic 142 yards per game. So, I know you have a man crush on Fitz, but LAST year he didnt show much. The TEAM rallied to win some games, but Fitz struggled. The offense had more life as he would at least try and get the ball down field compared to Trent, but he struggled quite a bit himself and had a poor enough season that the staff felt Trent was the guy to go with first this year.

As far as Brohm goes, you seem to be obsessed with him. You spend so much time bashing this guy that its hilarious. The people who wanted to see what he could do just simply wanted to see what he had to offer before making a judgement on him. You like to label those people "Brohm Boys" as if we think he is this great player or something. None of us make any claims, we just would rather judge him on the field, like any player, rather than in some blind uneducated hatred like you do. Its like he never answered your fan letter or something or nailed your girl or something.

Funny how you site the wins, but not Fitzs performance in 2009. The mere fact that he was beat out by Trent should tell you that they hadnt seen enough out of him yet either. I knew you would chime in with some unintelligent post. The majority of your posts seem to just be factless, pointless, rants and your bases of your evaluations are comical at best.

So, let me ask you this, what was Fitz's QB rating in 2009? Let me help you, since facts alwasy seem to escape you. He completed only 55% of his passes, posted a dismal 69 QB rating, and threw more INT's than TD's (10 ints, 9 TD's), and he averaged a pathetic 142 yards per game. So, I know you have a man crush on Fitz, but LAST year he didnt show much. The TEAM rallied to win some games, but Fitz struggled. The offense had more life as he would at least try and get the ball down field compared to Trent, but he struggled quite a bit himself and had a poor enough season that the staff felt Trent was the guy to go with first this year.

As far as Brohm goes, you seem to be obsessed with him. You spend so much time bashing this guy that its hilarious. The people who wanted to see what he could do just simply wanted to see what he had to offer before making a judgement on him. You like to label those people "Brohm Boys" as if we think he is this great player or something. None of us make any claims, we just would rather judge him on the field, like any player, rather than in some blind uneducated hatred like you do. Its like he never answered your fan letter or something or nailed your girl or something.

What I find strange is Brohm proved to be an aBrohmination on the field during a game yet strangely people still protect and make excuses for him.

If we don't draft a QB sign someone that was successful in Chan's system like Tyler Thigpen.

I can't understand what Brohm has shown to make anyone want him on the Bills roster in 2011. Besides the same contrarian crowd that wanted Frank Reich to start over Jim Kelly.

There are tons of available backup QBs on the market.