Is there a worse TV Analyst than ...

VirginiaMike

Is there a worse TV Analyst than Soloman Wilcots. When I listen to him it drives me nuts. Whatever occurred in the last 3 minutes is what he says is happening the entire game. Bad short term memory I guess. He does not accurately describe what is happening and every once in a while he throws some obscure coaching term into the discussion in order to try to make him sound like he knows something.

Is there a worse TV Analyst than Soloman Wilcots. When I listen to him it drives me nuts. Whatever occurred in the last 3 minutes is what he says is happening the entire game. Bad short term memory I guess. He does not accurately describe what is happening and every once in a while he throws some obscure coaching term into the discussion in order to try to make him sound like he knows something.

Collinsworth - During the Sunday night game, he kept saying over and over and over San Diego should get the ball more to Gates - a guy that could hardly run due to ijuries to both feet.

It was very comical as how he called out "Mike Williams" at least 5 times in the same sentence when referring to Mike Wallace :thumbsup:

I like Soloman,but was too funny yesterday when he said the Bills were "gashing" the Steelers D on the run as they had set up the pass, and then immediatley after came the stat the Bills had 36 yds on the ground, and this was in the 3rd quarter. :oops:

Also, no one comes anywhere near close to as bad as Theesman and Millen

Chris Kelsay...game changer.

Hard to fathom someone worse than Tasker, but I have to agree with you.

Tasker has been bad too, but he seems to be getting better. Caught him yesterday and though he was improving. Paul MacGuire, Jaws, and Joe Theisman are my least favorite or all. John Madden was getting worse and worse as well. Even Dan Dierdorf can get annoying as he always knows better.

Darrell Moose Johnston calls a good game.

Wilcotts was sure to ALWAYS mention how the Bills were helped on their scoring drives by a Pittsburgh penalty. I guess he strongly feels we wouldn't have ever scored without a yellow hanky on the ground... damn idiot.

Edited by McD

Wilcotts was sure to ALWAYS mention how the Bills were helped on their scoring drives by a Pittsburgh penalty. I guess he strongly feels we wouldn't have ever scored without a yellow hanky on the ground... damn idiot.

Although, we did really have a lot of opportunities off of penalties yesterday.

Oh and I just read who this post was by.

You know what, I think I read what you wrote in the shout box wrong (during the game when you mentioned this), so, sorry for calling you a butt. :oops:

Although, we did really have a lot of opportunities off of penalties yesterday.

Oh and I just read who this post was by.

You know what, I think I read what you wrote in the shout box wrong (during the game when you mentioned this), so, sorry for calling you a butt. :oops:

Yes... I know you read it wrong yesterday, lol. "Butt" that's ok ;)

The thing that is ****ty though is that EVERY team in the NFL scores with help from a penalty and without it... To keep on harping about it was silly of Wilcotts, he sounded like an idiot.

Phil Simms. He just like Thiesmann is clueless, always yapping, and looking for somebody you know what to wash whenever he gets a chance!

+1

While Solomon was pretty bad yesterday with his "analysis", I cannot listen to even one word that Theisman says.

The pre-season game between Washington and Buffalo this year was the single worst announcing performance in the history of sports.

Dan Marino. Worst of the worst.

Yeeep. Dan Dierdorf! He's overbearing, and there's no point he won't overstate. His gigs are like 3 hours of getting lectured in the second person.

I've always liked Dierdorf. He knows the game better than just about anyone and he's not afraid to call out people for both good plays/decisions and dumb ones.

Aikman is decent and Simms and Cross are ok. Collinsworth is also knowledgeable but annoying. Thees-man is by far the worst. Wilcots, Tasker and most of the others just generally suck.

Actually I thought Soloman Wilcots did a great job. I personally like how he described Freddy Jackson’s running style of corkscrewing his way through defenders. He gave Buffalo a lot of compliments if that’s all you want to glean from watching.

I thought he was insightful and he didn’t interfere with the entertaining quality of the game as I sometimes see in others who talk over the action and make themselves the show, i.e. Joe Theismann or where ever Keyshawn Johnson shows up. But we all have our takes, I happen to disagree with yours.

BTW, he played in the league for 6 years as a db, to question his education or knowledge in the sport is just plain silly. Even if you don't like his style, you owe him that much.

Edited by whodat

Did anyone hear WIlcox scream for joy when Polamau (sp) intercepted at the goal line? If you have it recorded, play it back, it's unreal. That kind of biased behavior out of a so-called analyst should be grounds for termination. It was ridiculous. The guy is a tool.

Did anyone hear WIlcox scream for joy when Polamau (sp) intercepted at the goal line? If you have it recorded, play it back, it's unreal. That kind of biased behavior out of a so-called analyst should be grounds for termination. It was ridiculous. The guy is a tool.

It was a tough loss man but we are back.

I started a topic on this once and it got shut down by SDS Who’s the worst sports journalist?. Since journalists and analysts impact the perception of the sport in some degree I think it is only relevant that we debate their competencies as we do players, teams and organizations. It was my feeling that we should have a running top ten list. That this board could expose some of the foolish ones as well as the credible.

Your thoughts?

And are you a tool for ignorantly butchering the guy's name? It's Wilcots, you dolt.

By the way, Polamalu is one of the superstars of the game, and it was a great play at a crucial time. God forbid an announcer is excited. If you don't think he was equally effervescent in his praise of the Bills' play, you weren't watching the same broadcast I was.

I poke fun at Solomon's diction, but he's a solid analyst.

Edited by eball

I thought I was imagining that! I bet he was wearing a Pittsburgh jersey.

YEAH HAVE YOU EVER LISTEN TOO MIKE AND MIKE. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH :wallbash:

IMO he is not even close to being as bad as Theismann or Dierdorf! Dierdorf in my humble opinion can be crowned worst announcer of all sports for all times!

I'm going to catch some Hell for this, but John Madden in his later years was awful

Mumblemumblemumble BRETT FAVRE Mumblemumblemumble Mumblemumblemumble MumblemumblemumbleBOOM!

Catch hell for what? He may as well have spouted off the same 5 catch phrases from the 2004 video game. I know many dislike Collinsworth, but I happen to think he brings a deeper level of insight to the game then I’ve heard from captain obvious or any others for that matter.