Chris Brown - Bills "Reporter"

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't going to get insider information from someone paid by the Bills. The Bills rarely announce a deal before it's official. You see a guy like Schefter, he announces deals sometimes days before they a announced by teams.

One time, can't remember who it was visiting in free agency. But Brown is actually in the building while the visit was happening and retweeted someone else saying that player was visiting.

I've always liked Brown on the radio. I think he is one of the best in the area. I can't really listen to John Murphy, too much of a fan boy. Would rather have Chris Brown do a show daily.

But his website stuff is mostly fluff, although you can read into some of the stuff he says. He does give hints.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

The NFL knows that fans will consume any and all content pertaining to their favorite teams. Reporters like Chris Brown are employed by every team to write articles for no other reason than to generate traffic to their website.

That's it. It's just another opportunity to read opinions, player/coach interviews, stat analysis, etc and it's all free. It increases the chances fans will buy merchandise and tickets, but the content remains free. I don't think anyone is pretending that Chris Brown is challenging Woodward and Bernstein for breaking stories.

The NFL knows that fans will consume any and all content pertaining to their favorite teams. Reporters like Chris Brown are employed by every team to write articles for no other reason than to generate traffic to their website.

That's it. It's just another opportunity to read opinions, player/coach interviews, stat analysis, etc and it's all free. It increases the chances fans will buy merchandise and tickets, but the content remains free. I don't think anyone is pretending that Chris Brown is challenging Woodward and Bernstein for breaking stories.

Ever notice every NFL team site is the same?

I don't know what the statute of limitations is on threads, but considering this one was started due to CB repeating a rumor that the Bills were interested in Flozell Adams, in 2010, I think a new thread about the Bills Beat Reporter was probably warranted.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Since Chris posts on the official Buffalo Bills site, I think it's unlikely he enjoys true journalistic "freedom" concerning content. I also doubt the Bills call him with unreported tips.

Exactly. Chris is a team cheerleader with a writing background. The team isn't going to leak info to him because it would be stupid.

He's a good dude, a tireless worker, a fan of the team and an above average reporter for the Bills. How anyone can follow this team and somehow think HE'S in need of criticism tells me the offseason is, indeed, in full swing.

I nearly spit out my drink after reading that we were interested in Flozell Adams....YIKES!!!

I don't know what the statute of limitations is on threads, but considering this one was started due to CB repeating a rumor that the Bills were interested in Flozell Adams, in 2010, I think a new thread about the Bills Beat Reporter was probably warranted.

Exactly. Chris is a team cheerleader with a writing background. The team isn't going to leak info to him because it would be stupid.

He's a good dude, a tireless worker, a fan of the team and an above average reporter for the Bills. How anyone can follow this team and somehow think HE'S in need of criticism tells me the offseason is, indeed, in full swing.

this might be the best analysis.

Chris Brown is alright, does what he is charged to do as a buffalo bills employee, very well.

he is our very own " Lemur"

Edited by 3rdand12

Ever notice every NFL team site is the same?

I was talking to some Buffalo media members during a weekend the Bills were in town and was introduced to one of the BB web site admins. I said "The Bills backer section of the web site.." and he finished my sentence: "..sucks!" (I was going to be a little more PC but that was my sentiment). He told me the league took almost all of the creative control away from the individual teams. I remember there was a lot of frustration in his voice.

You don't see the humor in their lead journalist, employed by them, posting on their site, reporting that someone else reported that Harvin was signed but that the team hadn't made any statement?

I find that funny.

CB is very meh to me. I do enjoy the roundup videos he does only because it shows footage from practice a lot.

Did you notice how that footage was very limited during the Marrone era? He reportedly asked to approve website videos before they went live.

I would expect that to change under Rex. Also I don't follow the sabres but I have heard they have done lots of behind the scenes and extra content since the Pegulas arrived.

It's 7 years, so in 2017 we can start a new CB tbread.

Did you notice how that footage was very limited during the Marrone era? He reportedly asked to approve website videos before they went live.

I would expect that to change under Rex. Also I don't follow the sabres but I have heard they have done lots of behind the scenes and extra content since the Pegulas arrived.

They did the behind the blue and gold videos at first. They've seemingly stopped this season however. Perhaps Murray wasnt a fan of the access? Edited by Carey Bender

You don't see the humor in their lead journalist, employed by them, posting on their site, reporting that someone else reported that Harvin was signed but that the team hadn't made any statement?

I find that funny.

I find it funny that you class him as a journalist when he is nothing more then a team reporter with a journalistic background (and he's good at it!). You wouldn't expect a Republican or Democrat hired reporter to publish unbiased journalistic pieces either (in case you are, you shouldn't lol). John Wawrow is a journalist, and as such neutral and publishes well sourced articles. Chris Brown is a reporter and publishes biased pieces that tend to serve the common purpose of making the team look better (through good times and through controversy).

Chris Brown of BB.com is now getting his news from espn rumor central. This is in regards to the bills being interested in Flozell Adams. This is pretty pathetic reporting, he seems to be getting worst with age. Does he have no connections with the front office or is he just being lazy? Lately I think the singer might have better info about the bills.

kind of how Pro Football Talk (PFT) gets most of it's content.....